Nightmare Raiding

Helmholtzz

Hello Harbinger. I stopped playing SWTOR when 3.0 came out. So it has been almost 2 years. I miss raiding though. So I came back to the game to try out raiding once again. But seems like the raiding scene is not very active anymore (sadly).

I was doing progression raiding before I quit the game. I had full clear of Nightmare TFB, SnV and 4/5 nightmare DF. I have toons on both republic side and imperial side. My main character was a gunslinger. I switched between dirty fighting and marksman depending on the specific fight. I also used to play a commando in nightmare raids as a ranged DPS. I was mostly gunnery but I also was pretty good with assault spec.

All my characters are 55 at the moment. So I am leveling them up and learning about the changes made after I left the game. I have two gunslingers, a commando, shadow, sentinel, mercenary, PT, sniper and a sorcerer; All of them at 55. I am looking for guilds on both sides that are interested in nightmare raiding. I understand that I am not going to get a spot immediately but I am a quick study and a patient person. I will learn the new rotations and get as much gear as possible on my own time while I wait for a spot on the raid group.

If any guilds are interested I would love to have a chat.

Edited by Helmholtzz

hello and welcome back to the game. Intrepid is looking for new members that are experienced in hm NM raids we run on Friday and Saturday nights your more then welcome to come join us and see if you fit well with the rest of the group i understand your in the posses of lvling and gearing up which can be handled in a short time if your interested just /who intrepid and you should be able find some one that can direct you to myself or a raid member my main is GI'Barbie hope to hear from you soon and thank you for your time.

Sending you a PM. Welcome back :)

He said NiM Raiding, Glor, get out of here <3

Seriously though. Welcome back to the game. There's quite a few guilds around that are still doing a fair amount of NiM. Morons and Mayhem (My guild, link is in my Sig), Kai, Intrep, Forsaken, all push NiM content off the top of my head. I've run with a few people in Kai and they're pretty nice guys. Same with Forsaken.

Hope you're able to find what you're looking for :) always glad to see the raiding community expand.

Seriously though. Welcome back to the game. There's quite a few guilds around that are still doing a fair amount of NiM. Morons and Mayhem (My guild, link is in my Sig), Kai, Intrep, Forsaken, all push NiM content off the top of my head. I've run with a few people in Kai and they're pretty nice guys. Same with Forsaken.

Hope you're able to find what you're looking for :) always glad to see the raiding community expand.

Doesn't mention either of the two guilds on this server who have cleared all 4.0 NiM lel.

Ok, I'll get back to prepping for DP NIM full clear in 20 minutes :D

Thanks for the mention, we appreciate you too. :cool:

ps - OP actually has a toon in Kai already and just didn't know our raiding schedule.

Doesn't mention either of the two guilds on this server who have cleared all 4.0 NiM lel.

Yes, let's make sure to include the guilds that existed before 4.0 with consistent and solid raid teams capable of doing NIM almost from day one in 4.0, as opposed to the new guilds that have sprung up to revitalize the raiding community in the game we all love.

Edited by SmartAbyss

Ok, I'll get back to prepping for DP NIM full clear in 20 minutes :D

Thanks for the mention, we appreciate you too. :cool:

ps - OP actually has a toon in Kai already and just didn't know our raiding schedule.

Yes, let's make sure to include the guilds that existed before 4.0 with consistent and solid raid teams capable of doing NIM almost from day one in 4.0, as opposed to the new guilds that have sprung up to revitalize the raiding community in the game we all love.

How'd the Nim DP go? I was in the snv you tanked last night night.

Edited by Jimvinny

See this comes across as sarcasm but I'm actually not sure since including those guilds is very reasonable and anyone in their right mind would. "NiM" level guilds on this server were listed and neither of the two most prominent and successful ones were mentioned lol. I'm not sure what past performance has to do with anything; it's a sign of your immaturity and possibly insecurity that you have to separate your own group from the stronger groups in the community under a pretense as absurd as being newer to the tier. Past tier performance really isn't relevant; it's not like <Zorz> are sitting there saying they're the best swtor guild around right now because of past tiers. They were top dogs and they showed it with repeated high level performances in the current tiers of the time and now they've moved on. Already established is also something that is seldom true in this state of the game; our group has a horribly unstable roster (RIP Mari, Jobbz, Shadow, Shinn :( ) It's an issue every group has faced. But whatever, lets play Devil's advocate and roll with your conditions. Isn't intrepid already established? (They sure as hell love to mention them 2.x achievements :rak_03:). <Carried by 3.0> were literally formed during 4.x and they've cleared more NiM than any of those mentioned guilds but hey they must have been established to do NiM on day 1!

The most noticeable exodus of raiders in 4.0 was full-clearing and capable NiM players; not those who cleared the easier bosses and called it a day. So I really hope you can 'revitalise' the portion of the community that was lost. And hey, I know you plan to clear the harder stuff, you mention your goals a lot but as Henry Ford said "You can't build a reputation on what you're going to do."

Edited by THAT_EPIC_GUY

Hello everyone. Thanks for the response. It is good to see that there are people who cares enough about the PvE progression to actually get in a debate. I was afraid the high end PvE community has died already :D This is a good sign. May be I will end up in a NiM raid again soon.

People say there is no market for MMO anymore proven by the repeated weak showings by AAA titles. But this makes me hopeful. May be someone will come along in the future who will understand how to get it right.

Cheers.

Snip. Isn't Intrepid already established? (They sure as hell love to mention them 2.x achievements :rak_03:).

I will agree that guilds had their time periods, Hatred had the early ones, Zorz had 3.0, and ours most notably was 2.7 with NiM power, and some 2.0 stuff, and Failure/ FoF with 4.0. However, I completely see your point of view on this.

I do agree that they are outdated, and yes those achievements should have been narrowed down to a few sentences saying we did NiM stuff back in the day instead of the list I posted. Many of the guilds recruitment topics express to some degree their past progression, and I obviously made the mistake to over capitalize it as I did. I was just trying to get the team back together then and since we did not have much notable to list with 4.0 aside from clearing all the HM's, so I listed them (In all fairness, Zorz is not around anymore, or in the capacity they use to so of course they are not saying they are the best). This has since changed, and I have been meaning to make a new topic since it is outdated, and the fact we have an Imp guild now. Real life had gotten a hold of me in the past few months, so I have not gotten to putting a proper topic together, but I do intent to do it soon.

I know this digresses from the thread, but I have been meaning to amend this mistake and address this concern as the dead horse seems to keep getting beaten to pulp. I don't want to cause an issue of it, nor cause guild rivalry between raidng guilds because of it and hopefully have better relations even though we have had no hostility aside from the odd comments about us.

With that being said, If we just mentioned we were a NiM level guild since x- x, and most notably cleared x during x, and in 4.0 have cleared x (provide a list as this stuff is relevant), would that suffice and meet your standards of how a raiding guild should properly express themselves? I do not intend sarcasm at all from this, but I would be open to feedback and come up with a solution so we don't come off as dirtbags throwing around old chieves looking good and instead put an end to the nonsense around it.

Again, I do agree with what you have said and I do intent to fix this, and open to suggestions as I have clearly upset people. I'd love to talk about this with you if you are ever interested as I think it could benefit us both.

Thank you again for the criticism and it is duly noted.

How'd the Nim DP go? I was in the snv you tanked last night night.

It went surprisingly well for 4 new people to the raid. (myself included, naturally)

Isn't intrepid already established?

The most noticeable exodus of raiders in 4.0 was full-clearing and capable NiM players; not those who cleared the easier bosses and called it a day. So I really hope you can 'revitalise' the portion of the community that was lost. And hey, I know you plan to clear the harder stuff, you mention your goals a lot but as Henry Ford said "You can't build a reputation on what you're going to do."

Intrepid is established, but afaik they've only recently reformed and when I first spoke to Sparki about it he suggested that people were not showing up to raid. (HM at that time, not NIM) Given the response to your post above, gonna assume they've reformed at this point - something I'm very happy about.

Well to be fair about my goals, I've spent essentially all my time (from January) looking for a raid team. I've had to constantly pug all the raids I've done. Several with you in fact. I imagine and correct me if I'm wrong, it was easier for you when you started? Let's say, from the time between you killed Karagga HM to the time you got on a team, how long was that? for me it was 2 and 1/2 months. Try going on fleet with a non-Mac name and ask for a team as a healer now. You either won't get a response, or you'll get some team that is proging Terror HM. Not that there is anything wrong with that naturally, but at a certain point spending seven weeks on Terror HM (not going to name/shame the guild team I'm referring to) is perhaps not the best use of time. I realize the content I've cleared is not as difficult as the content you faceroll Mac, but we all have to start somewhere. Killed NIM Bestia last night... seems like I'm on the right track.

Perhaps we're talking past one another so I'll say this here - I'm new and I love this game. Let's play together more often and have fun? :D

Edited by SmartAbyss

I know this digresses from the thread, but I have been meaning to amend this mistake and address this concern as the dead horse seems to keep getting beaten to pulp. I don't want to cause an issue of it, nor cause guild rivalry between raidng guilds because of it and hopefully have better relations even though we have had no hostility aside from the odd comments about us.

Mate, you gotta learn to roll with the punches a bit more, when people call you out, there's no hostility it's only because it's factually incorrect, and the cheap shots will continue for a bit longer, I wouldn't worry about it.

<Carried by 3.0> were literally formed during 4.x and they've cleared more NiM than any of those mentioned guilds but hey they must have been established to do NiM on day 1!"

Much love Mac.

I realize the content I've cleared is not as difficult as the content you faceroll Mac, but we all have to start somewhere. Killed NIM Bestia last night... seems like I'm on the right track.

Having goals is great, try make them more reasonable though, or you'll be laughed out of town.

I agree that reasonable goals is the biggest thing when starting nim content. Saying you're going to do a full clear of nim DP, on your first time in there, is going to make some people shake their heads. I applaud you for your optimism, but you have to face reality. As easy as DP is compared to most nim content in 4.0, it's still going to kick a newcomer in the face.

Mate, you gotta learn to roll with the punches a bit more, when people call you out, there's no hostility it's only because it's factually incorrect, and the cheap shots will continue for a bit longer, I wouldn't worry about it.

I don't take any of it to heart, just that it received a lot of flak originally with many members of Provectus, some of the troll brigade of course. I'm not even sure if they are still around. However, it is hard to see how emotions are passed via text and I assume Mac's post was in the best of intentions, so I figured I would clear it up either way.

LOL. NiM raiding in the game means nothing. It's why people quit. There is no incentive to do anything. So all this hate and drama is hilarious because it doesn't matter.

Haha Herc mate, if your team was still running now they'd finally be the best group on Pubs. Good luck with WoW though, I expect you'll be back raiding in Swtor after the shine wears off though.

Edited by auroroavalor

LOL. NiM raiding in the game means nothing. It's why people quit. There is no incentive to do anything. So all this hate and drama is hilarious because it doesn't matter.

In that context, raiding in any game means nothing, since these are games we're talking about. Grats on all those creds you yanked out of the guild bank tho. Funny thing to do in a game that doesn't matter.

In that context, raiding in any game means nothing, since these are games we're talking about. Grats on all those creds you yanked out of the guild bank tho. Funny thing to do in a game that doesn't matter.

Gotta make that money that I mostly earned? Lol. If you think I kept the money for myself you are sadly misinformed. I care little for credits. I just think the Epeen here is pretty sad. Raiding died in this game with the end of DP.

Gotta make that money that I mostly earned? Lol. If you think I kept the money for myself you are sadly misinformed. I care little for credits. I just think the Epeen here is pretty sad. Raiding died in this game with the end of DP.

Did you split it amongst the <Fuse> dudes who did all the sales runs to earn it?

Names his guild <Elitist>, without a hint of irony, thinks epeen is sad. Seems legit. For real though Herc, I had a good time with you guys. It was fun while it lasted. But you sure seem to care a lot about a game that you seem intent on convincing yourself is irrelevant. Just move on, go play WoW, and restrain yourself from coming back here to troll. It's not your forte.