Kephess NM 2nd Phase

Hey,

Our guild currently dies a lot in the Kephess NM encounter. We are having issues with the second phase (3 x 2 Warriors and their adds). I've read several guides and watched some videos, while each of them do this very differently. Most of the guides just state: "find your own tactic" so i'ld like you to ask to post your best-pratice here.

Our standard setup is:

1 Guardian - Tank

1 Shadow - Tank

1 Scoundrel - Heal

1 Sage - Heal

2 Gunslinger - DD

2 Sentinel - DD

Sometimes we have a Commando instead of a Gunslinger or a Guardian instead of a Sentinel.

What we tried the last time was

The shadow spots the warriors and pulls them away from the group, while the group is AOEd or focused to death behind the warrior. Usually one warrior of the second group could not be spotted and we wipe. I saw some tactics where the sentinels take the warriors.

After trying several tactics what we manage to acomplish very well and in your case its very viable its that the two sentineles solo one warrior in each wave, and the other two dd with the tanks get the rest of the trandotians.

You will need one healer taking care of the sentinels, and the other healer with the other group, thats with the right positioning should be very good. there are some videos using that same tactics (two sentinels/marauders handeling the warriors)

Edited by Vcabrera

We have practiced and cleared it with two different tactics, allow me to explain them briefly:

1. Massive AoE, slow burst

Simple tactic, maintank puts guard on offtank, offtanks stands at safespot with one or two DPS and taunt/saber throw/force pull/grapple) the warriors and burst them two quickly. As the offtank has guard he will not get aggro from the cutters, they will have aggro on the maintank that, along with the rest of the DPS position themselves behind the walker. Here you just burst two pack for pack, massive healing will be needed on maintank. Also be a little easy on the AoE in start so maintank can grab aggro as well as hold it, don't waste that AoE Taunt.

I have done both roles and will explain it from a tanking perspective, if you are on warrior duty, move away from the walker before he goes up, taunt the first warrior and use forcepull/grapple/saberthrow on the 2nd one to get aggro. Use whatever AoE you have to keep aggro but don't use AoE taunt, at the same time your DPS:ers burst down the first warrior and then the 2nd one. Be aware of the fire AoE on ground and move out of it before it hits you. Use taunt on 2nd pack and then use some single target attack on the 2nd one to get aggro, as soon as you have both use AoE again to keep aggro, here you can use your AoE Taunt if you have trouble keeping aggro. Move to the 3rd spawn location and taunt the first warrior again, and use forcepull/grapple/saberthrow on the 2nd one, use a cooldown here since you will take massive damage if the warriors hasn't been killed. Also note that you should still be in range of your healers, don't run to far away from them.

2. Slow AoE, Fast Burst

A bit more simple tactic, burst down the warriors with all DPS/tanks, maintank grabbs aggro of cutters and hold them on spawn position while one AoE finish them down (AoE can be Death from Above or Orbital Strike). Offtank moves to 2nd spawn position (very helpful if this is an assassin/shadow), use force shroud, some basic AoE and kill off the warriors, another AoE should be put down here when the adds are dead. First pack needs to be dead before force shroud runs out so both healers can focus on tank on 2nd spawn. Maintank then moves to third spawn point and gets aggro form these adds while the 2nd pack is dying, give the maintank some time to get aggro and get everyone topped. When maintank feels safe kill off the adds in the third pack, start with the warriors and get them down quickly.

In both tactics, the offtank uses taunt on one cutter and takes on out of the last group and then everyone kills the rest of those but save the one that is pulled out. This is made to make sure that you can get everyone ressed/healed up and if needed, get some cooldowns back since the next phase wont start until all the cutters are deead.

We have practiced and cleared it with two different tactics, allow me to explain them briefly:

1. Massive AoE, slow burst

Simple tactic, maintank puts guard on offtank, offtanks stands at safespot with one or two DPS and taunt/saber throw/force pull/grapple) the warriors and burst them two quickly. As the offtank has guard he will not get aggro from the cutters, they will have aggro on the maintank that, along with the rest of the DPS position themselves behind the walker. Here you just burst two pack for pack, massive healing will be needed on maintank. Also be a little easy on the AoE in start so maintank can grab aggro as well as hold it, don't waste that AoE Taunt.

I have done both roles and will explain it from a tanking perspective, if you are on warrior duty, move away from the walker before he goes up, taunt the first warrior and use forcepull/grapple/saberthrow on the 2nd one to get aggro. Use whatever AoE you have to keep aggro but don't use AoE taunt, at the same time your DPS:ers burst down the first warrior and then the 2nd one. Be aware of the fire AoE on ground and move out of it before it hits you. Use taunt on 2nd pack and then use some single target attack on the 2nd one to get aggro, as soon as you have both use AoE again to keep aggro, here you can use your AoE Taunt if you have trouble keeping aggro. Move to the 3rd spawn location and taunt the first warrior again, and use forcepull/grapple/saberthrow on the 2nd one, use a cooldown here since you will take massive damage if the warriors hasn't been killed. Also note that you should still be in range of your healers, don't run to far away from them.

That's the one we use, although we keep all the DPS with the tank tanking the trenchcutters and the warrior tank and the warrior tank just has to take it until all 3 waves are dead - we do have our ranged DPS kill 1 or 2 while waiting for the next trenchcutter group to be attackable though.

The trenchcutter tank needs to have a good plan for how he's gonna hold aggro on each group though - when that death from above/orbital strike lands it's easy to loose aggro if you haven't planned it out.

Personally, as a powertech, I start with 2 flamesweeps+flamethrower on the first wave (make sure to charge the walker right before they spawn so it's free), DFA+flamethrower on the second wave and then aoe taunt+flame sweep spam for the third wave (using vent heat here to sustain it) - it leaves me with heat completely maxed out after all waves are down, but I have time to recover while we kill the warriors.

Yes, as I said in my text, have the tank move out from the group before the walker goes up so he is standing ready to taunt before the adds spawn. Then he click target the first warrior, taunt it and then clicks the 2nd warrior and uses w/e range attack he has to get aggro form it, if needed , the DPS bursting down the add can jump/attack the not-taunted warrior. On the 2nd pack, the range attack will not be ready so the tank needs to use normal taunt again to get one warrior, and can then just wait until the 2nd warrior passes by (it will be going for the tank behind the walker) and use a single target attack on it to grab aggro. I as an assassin taunt just use shock on it and it will turn to me instantly.

I normally use a AoE taunt at this moment (after a wither+discharge) and then move over to the 3rd spawn location and single taunt one warrior and uses some single target attack again (shock) on the 2nd warrior and they should all still be on me.

The main focus for this tactic is that DPS needs to burst down the adds fast and the tank needs to keep aggro by using all his AoE attacks and AoE Taunt if needed to keep the warriiors from going to the group behind the walker.

Edited by RikuvonDrake

Yes, as I said in my text, have the tank move out from the group before the walker goes up so he is standing ready to taunt before the adds spawn. Then he click target the first warrior, taunt it and then clicks the 2nd warrior and uses w/e range attack he has to get aggro form it

In addition to that, I forgot to mention that we have the healers stand in the safe spot so that any missed warriors get pulled by the healing aggro, so that the warrior tank can easily pick them up from there.