How do you beat hard mode instances when all the bosses enrage at 50% hp?

From what i've seen so far, bosses enrage at about 50% hp, at which point they become untankable, can anyone actually compete them?

Yep, better dps. We had last boss of BT at 10% before she enraged, but our tank popped all his CDs and we downed her. Some of the fights are somewhat prohibitive on DPS requirements, but are mostly doable. If you're jumping into hard modes right at 50 while wearing level 40 greens, you're going to have a problem. Run BoI/FE a couple of times to gear up, get some craftables, and go back later.

All bosses I've seen have a hard enrage after X amount of time. If your group isn't close to downing the hard mode bosses, do as the other posters suggest and get better gear from the level 50 regular dungeons. You could also run a lot of battlegrounds to get mercenary commedations and warzone commedations to buy champion bags. These bags give you a small chance at epic loot or award you with champion commedations you can purchase equipment with.

Yep, better dps. We had last boss of BT at 10% before she enraged, but our tank popped all his CDs and we downed her. Some of the fights are somewhat prohibitive on DPS requirements, but are mostly doable. If you're jumping into hard modes right at 50 while wearing level 40 greens, you're going to have a problem. Run BoI/FE a couple of times to gear up, get some craftables, and go back later.

I'm wearing practically a full set of champion pvp gear.

Is your party also decked out in PvP gear? That would be a huge problem. I would imagine you have stats that are useless help against hardmode bosses.

Edited by Gozinya

She always enrages at 10%.

what is BoI and FE?

Critical, surge and power are useless?

If you're wearing champion gear you have lower stats and an expertise bonus. Expertise does nothing for PVE content. However, it should still be plenty for hard mode Black Talon from what I've seen.

As has been mentioned. You are probably not the problem. Your DPS is severely lacking if the bosses are enraging at the 10% hp mark (it's a time limit, not an hp limit).

I'm the healer.

If you're a healer, what does what gear you're wearing matter to the DPS your group is doing?

Are your DPS also in full champion gear? If they are, they completely suck at their classes.

what is BoI and FE?

Battle of Ilum and Fallen Emperor

*Sigh* and now we enter the PvP gear vs. PvE gear issue I've seen way to often. IF you're wearing full PvP gear and attempting a hard mode operation, that's your problem right there. Especially if the rest of your raiders are doing the same thing. Run the others in normal mode till you can replace that PvP gear. (The expertise stat does NOTHING for PvE content whatsoever). Not sure why people think high level PvP gear will hold them through hard raids.

*edit* Oh those other stats like power, surge etc, are actually better on the raid PvE gear than your PvP gear.

Edited by Nussianis

This is why you don't need damage meters. It's obvious without anyone in this thread even seeing the fight to know the problem is the DPS. Don't need a meter to tell you that.

What if one of the dpsers is doing outstanding dps and the other one is doing less damage than the tank, how will you know?

Common sense. If they're enraging with 50% health still then you aren't having trouble with just one DPS it's most likely most of the DPS. If you're falling just short then it is probably just one which you can tell by simply watching your raid. I've played just about every MMO since Meridian 59 and never had issue telling who the slackers where in a raid. Just have to watch whats going on and what isn't. Also playing with people you know and can rely on helps.

If you're a healer, what does what gear you're wearing matter to the DPS your group is doing?

Are your DPS also in full champion gear? If they are, they completely suck at their classes.

Battle of Ilum and Fallen Emperor

He accused me of having a poor rotation, i said i'm the healer. L2Read.

Is your party also decked out in PvP gear? That would be a huge problem. I would imagine you have stats that are useless help against hardmode bosses.

Champion Gear is easily enough for Black Talon Boarding Party and Foundry. Easily killed all but the Boarding Party last boss because it's ridiculous and Foundry last boss because someone misplaced a decimal point. All without enraging. Haven't done the others.

Edited by Keengamer

*Sigh* and now we enter the PvP gear vs. PvE gear issue I've seen way to often. IF you're wearing full PvP gear and attempting a hard mode operation, that's your problem right there. Especially if the rest of your raiders are doing the same thing. Run the others in normal mode till you can replace that PvP gear. (The expertise stat does NOTHING for PvE content whatsoever). Not sure why people think high level PvP gear will hold them through hard raids.

*edit* Oh those other stats like power, surge etc, are actually better on the raid PvE gear than your PvP gear.

Have you even seen the stats on end game pvp and pve gear? They are virtually identical. PVE gear has a tiny bit more to your primary stat and endurance, whereas pvp gear has the pvp stat.

A tiny bit less endurance and aim isn't going to make it suddenly undoable.

Also, champion pvp gear is massively better than normal 50 instance gear. Learn the game before you post like you do.

Edited by SinisterWarlock