Give the Gift of STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™

CourtneyWoods

The holiday season is upon us, and one of the best gifts this season is also one of the most highly anticipated games of the year! Now available for purchase at select videogame retailers, Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ from BioWare and LucasArts lets players transport themselves into the Star Wars™ universe thousands of years before the classic films. Players can live out their own Jedi, Sith, or Bounty Hunter fantasies with thousands of other players online.

Read More

The holiday season is upon us, and one of the best gifts this season is also one of the most highly anticipated games of the year! Now available for purchase at select videogame retailers, Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ from BioWare and LucasArts lets players transport themselves into the Star Wars™ universe thousands of years before the classic films. Players can live out their own Jedi, Sith, or Bounty Hunter fantasies with thousands of other players online.

No.

Until you guys tell us that keeping queues is NOT an option, I will continue to tell everyone to avoid this game and leave my game box unopened. I have a 60 day return policy on it, and I am giving you 6 weeks to upgrade your servers like you are SUPPOSED to do or the game is going back to the store.

The very idea you guys have told people to reroll on a lower pop server 4 days after allowing them in is just plain outrageous and to hear now that you may keep queues if it means its the only way to keep things "managable" is another OUTRAGEOUS thing to hear from a company producing an MMORPG.

Its a sad state of things when I personally know 16 people that are talking about either not even opening their boxes and returning them or never subscribing after the free month a DAY BEFORE THE GAME IS RELEASED because of your statements about handling queues...

QUEUES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AND MANAGABLE. Its one thing to have them at the start because your hardware cannot handle the loads...its ANOTHER thing if you are not willing to increase load capacity to meet your CUSTOMERS needs.

MMORPGs are not online shooters where random people meet up and can have low population limits without effecting the ability for friends to play together.

I really wish you QUEUE Complainers would get a clue.

Would you get tired of complaining already and give up?

Either:

A) Give up complaining and go back to whatever game you were playing before.

or

B) Give up trying SO HARD to play on the server that is FULL. Try an empty one.

It's like being at a train station for morons.

Line A has 10,000 people in it...

Line B through Z has Zero people in it.

Which Line will you stand in? Obvious Answer? Not quite.

Average Customer response: SHUT UP FANBOY!

YES WE GET IT QUEUES SUCK. ONLY YOU ARE FORCING YOURSELF TO WAIT IN THE LINES.

LOL. Seems a lot of peeps are frustrated by the queue. Understandably, especially without a grace period if you crash, etc.

Crash that have been caused by a buggy planet *cough* Taris *cough* and that forced me to reconnect 3 times. This year I will give the gift of honesty. SW:TOR is not ready to be played. Some huge bugs were overlooked, the popularity of the game greatly underestimated, no viable action plan hatched and customer support can't keep up with the madness. If you add to that the many CE people who paid a fortune to received incomplete boxes ...

During the beta weekend we were asked to give example of what a good launch is and what a bad launch is. For every MMO producers out there and for you Bioware. You scored an almost perfect mess here.

I will not give the curse of Star Wars.

It amuses me that they've put up a marketing web page telling us to "Give the gift of SWTOR"... and then offer no explanation as to how you can buy this game as a gift. "Available at select retailers..." is a pretty limp sales pitch when I'm already on the web and could easily be given a link.

I suspect the truth is that EA has completely stripped "Gifting" from the Origin store because they couldn't do it right. The Google search results about buying gifts on Origin lead to dead pages. It took Valve a while to get gifting right on Steam (I complained to them multiple times about it), but now they've perfected it and I suspect they generate a LOT of gift sales.

I guess the only way to give this game as a gift is to buy a physical copy. Thus the "at select retailers" line. I tried ordering a copy on Origin but the entire checkout process was clearly geared exclusively to buying a copy for myself; I already have one.

It amuses me that they've put up a marketing web page telling us to "Give the gift of SWTOR"... and then offer no explanation as to how you can buy this game as a gift. "Available at select retailers..." is a pretty limp sales pitch when I'm already on the web and could easily be given a link.

I suspect the truth is that EA has completely stripped "Gifting" from the Origin store because they couldn't do it right. The Google search results about buying gifts on Origin lead to dead pages. It took Valve a while to get gifting right on Steam (I complained to them multiple times about it), but now they've perfected it and I suspect they generate a LOT of gift sales.

I guess the only way to give this game as a gift is to buy a physical copy. Thus the "at select retailers" line. I tried ordering a copy on Origin but the entire checkout process was clearly geared exclusively to buying a copy for myself; I already have one.

You are over thinking it champ!

To be honest that's all they can say. I know it's sold out at many retailers in the UK and my local gamestop currently has a waiting list when stock comes back in. Despite all the crying the game is flying off the shelf's.