The Fan Favorite Reward is “The Party Jawa”

CourtneyWoods

BioWare and LucasArts are excited to announce that “The Party Jawa” has won our Fan Favorite voting contest. Over the past month, our Facebook Fans have had the opportunity to choose a favorite item to receive as a reward when Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ launches its new Free-to-Play option this Fall. Although it was hard to pick a favorite, The Party Jawa won by an overwhelming majority! The Party Jawa celebrates a player’s status as a veteran of the galaxy with a unique and fun animation. The Party Jawa will be rewarded to current or previous subscribers as of August 1 and who are active subscribers when the Free-to-Play option launches.

Read More

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Party Jawas are great and all, but personally, I'd really like to see new vanity items that are more...useful? New sets of moddable clothing, weapons, speeders, titles and such would be amazing.

Although I'm sure there will be plenty of people just dying to pop their Party Jawas /cringe at every opportunity, I would love to see some of the development time that's being diverted towards vanity items go into making things like this and this happen.

Edited by MythosHero

BioWare and LucasArts are excited to announce that “The Party Jawa” has won our Fan Favorite voting contest. Over the past month, our Facebook Fans have had the opportunity to choose a favorite item to receive as a reward when Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ launches its new Free-to-Play option this Fall. Although it was hard to pick a favorite, The Party Jawa won by an overwhelming majority! The Party Jawa celebrates a player’s status as a veteran of the galaxy with a unique and fun animation. The Party Jawa will be rewarded to current or previous subscribers as of August 1 and who are active subscribers when the Free-to-Play option launches.

Read More

I would much rather be able to play as a Jawa. I have no use for a party jawa as I don't really get into role playing or hanging out in cantinas.

I would much rather be able to play as a Jawa. I have no use for a party jawa as I don't really get into role playing or hanging out in cantinas.

Although the VO would be easy--jawa gibberish for each player response--the companion romances may be awkward with a Jawa PC.

Party Jawa is something I'd use once and then put in my cargo hold, but it's fine for a free item.

Although the VO would be easy--jawa gibberish for each player response--the companion romances may be awkward with a Jawa PC.

Party Jawa is something I'd use once and then put in my cargo hold, but it's fine for a free item.

Jawas don't really need to have a romance, anyway some jawas can speak basic. I would be willing to pay for a jawa character if they every make that available.

I am not surprised at all that the party jawa won, although I would have much rather gotten the throne or the carbonite. those are much more interesting to me. we already have a rhythmic augmentation droid. do we really need a party jawa too? Give us something to decorate our ships with instead of a random jawa-in-a-box.

EDIT: I also vote no to playing a jawa. that is just silly.

Edited by Cmdluke

I am not surprised at all that the party jawa won, although I would have much rather gotten the throne or the carbonite. those are much more interesting to me. we already have a rhythmic augmentation droid. do we really need a party jawa too? Give us something to decorate our ships with instead of a random jawa-in-a-box.

This, just let us choose which one we want.

The question I would have is if the carbonite animation or the throne will be available through some other means. I was personally hoping for the carbonite freeze. Even if I didn't win it by votes i'd still like to get it somehow.

I'm assuming they'll both be available in the cash shop for cartel coins after F2P launches.

Party Jawas are great, and all, but personally, I'd really like to see new vanity items that are more...useful? New sets of moddable clothing, weapons, speeders, titles and such would be amazing.

Although I'm sure there will be plenty of people just dying to pop their Party Jawas /cringe at every opportunity, I would love to see some of the development time that's being diverted towards vanity items go toward making things like this and this happen.

Disagree. More Jawas please. Jawa PCs as well. You know you can charge $10-20 for the Jaws race easily.

I beg to differ.

The "Party Jawa" is not the SW:TOR fan (as in "likes the game and is actively playing") favorite, but that of the Face Book community.

^This

I don't, for specific reasons, have a facebook account and could not care less about the Jawa.

If you really wanted to have a fan poll then you would have set the poll in game or on these forums.

^This

I don't, for specific reasons, have a facebook account and could not care less about the Jawa.

If you really wanted to have a fan poll then you would have set the poll in game or on these forums.

And Jawas still would have won. You don't know the power of the Jawa!!

Edited by Master-Nala

What a joke.

How about giving us information on when 1.4 will be out instead? No one cares about useless in game items, we already have enough of them. Why not delegate the staff you use to design these toward new content (warzones, operations, flashpoint). Then maybe we would get a new operation more than once every 6 months.

The option to play as a Jawa would be great.

This though seems to turn the imperial space station into a vermin infested party zone. While it might be interesting fun or different for the first few times it seems to be a one note reward as it were. Surely within a week no one will care and if it makes others party will become a nuisence,

Would it be possible to let people know what is going to be done to keep people playing. From the free to play vs Subscription. I can't see the need to do that many flashpoints and while no access to Ops may lead to a problem with getting high end gear it would be a far fetched to call dealing with mechanics and bugs and generally 8 people bashing on one over powered mob as fun. Specially when the bug out or cause you don't know the mechanics get killed.

From what I can tell the best way to make some money is offer a bunch of new species and then fill the shop with buffs to help people avoid the grind as they play through the story and the interesting part of the game without having to worry about the grind or getting that rare loot.

...our Facebook Fans have had the opportunity to choose a favorite item...

Thanks for letting those of us who actually play and pay for this game know about this...this is the 1st I've heard...I don't do facebook or twitter. May I suggest that in the future you post polls wherever you like AND post them HERE as well?!