#1 seller possiblity on the CM...

PhoenixOmega

A leveI 60 that you can buy on the CM...ok... BUT I could see a better item that could be sold that would make everyone happy. If its about getting new players into the game and having old ones return, I got a GREAT idea...

In the new expansion, we have been frozen in time for "x" amount of time... During that time, a "Great Explorer" has gone through the galaxy and found all the data-crons for your faction!!! He owns a shop and you can get a "key" to it and receive ALL the data-crons, all at once

Basically, if you have a brand new 60, -OR-someone returning to the game, alts...so on and so on... why not give a way for people to get all the data-crons all at once by selling "a key" to access "a area" that has ALL of them in one place.

Also, that would solve the jumping problems and engine problems people complain about, solve the problem of re-running alts, or like me, just thought, why bother, its a easier way to get it done!!

Edited by PhoenixOmega

Great!! I am really happy about the news of being able to buy a fresh new llevel 60 on the GTN:D

However, I would see a better item that could be sold that would make everyone happy. if its about getting new players into the game and having old ones return, I got a GREAT idea...

In the new expansion, we have been frozen in time for "x" amount of time... during that time, a "Great Explorer" has gone through the galaxy and found all the data-crons for your faction!!! He owns a shop and you can get a "key" to it and receive ALL the data-crons, all at once

Basically, if you have a brand new 60, that you paid for on the GTN, why not give a way for people to get all the data-crons all at once by selling "a key" to access a area that has ALL of them in one area. People that really don't want all that hassle of re-running alts, or like me, just thought, why bother, its a easier way to get it done!!, just like making a new level 60:D

or not.

personally people think the instant 60 is going to be so good.

Well imagine starting with zero credtis, zero comms, zero carfting, zero mats, zero schematics, zero affection on companions, zero speeders, zero legacy unlocks (chart ones anyway), zero social, zero valor...hmm yeah that sounds great.

I dont like the idea of a free or paid lvl 60... makes me want to quit the game for good.

well depending on how it goes, you start at 60 with no skills (at least the skills are free now) may or may not have gear level appropriate gear, may/maynot have relics, no credits, no coms, no unlocs (from legacy), probably no crafting/gathering skills, no schematics, no companion affection (or default romance), no customized companion look.

probably not all that great honestly.

Unless there is some sort of check to make sure people at least played few hm flashpoints before joining gf ops,i would bet that this will mean death of group finder pug opses.

People that leveled only 5 levels trying to do whatever new underlurker equivalent would be....The Horror....

Actually like it or not, the level 60 for a price is a good idea. In other games it has been a proven driver to bring new people in the game who want to play with friends. It's also a fairly high priced first time buy, but it invests the new player in the game, driving them to play longer and possibly spend more.

People can scream about it all they want, but in the end, it's probably the 1 item in the CM that will DRIVE new players and that is good for the game. Trust me, the people that can spend $50 on a insta 60 are not (for the most part) going to be whining teenagers who refuse to learn anything.

Actually like it or not, the level 60 for a price is a good idea. In other games it has been a proven driver to bring new people in the game who want to play with friends. It's also a fairly high priced first time buy, but it invests the new player in the game, driving them to play longer and possibly spend more.

People can scream about it all they want, but in the end, it's probably the 1 item in the CM that will DRIVE new players and that is good for the game. Trust me, the people that can spend $50 on a insta 60 are not (for the most part) going to be whining teenagers who refuse to learn anything.

Some will be adults with disposable cash assuming since they paid for the level boost, they shouldn't have to work for anything, including understanding their character.

And no matter what is or is not included, some will be here whining that since they paid, they are entitled to all unlocks, datacrons, top gear, maxed crew skills, maxed companion affection, you name it.

But even so, I don't see it as a problem given really bad players somehow make it to 60 today - so whether they buy the 60 or level the old fashioned way really won't change whether they are a good or bad player.

How much of an impact this causes for 60+ grouping will depend upon how Bioware handles the boost and / or any other changes.

If they add some sort of training missions or guides and provide a reasonable starter gear set, then it might not be a big issue.

If they just dump these characters into the 60+ game with minimal gear and nothing in the way of training missions or guides, then getting these boosted 60s in group finder will probably be hell for the rest of us.

Edited by DawnAskham

If they just dump these characters into the 60+ game with minimal gear and nothing in the way of training missions or guides, then getting these boosted 60s in group finder will probably be hell for the rest of us.

My personal guess is they are going to get the best non instance gear given thru questing, which would be the 190 blue mod gear from Ziost (un augmented or slotted) to get them into the 60+ content.

Now teaching them to play... like any game that will probably fall to the community. But I'll almost assume they'd have to play to level 65 almost solo given the previous force of solo the last 2 expansions. Which means they'd at least have a (or say should have) a basic understanding of how their class works.

Buying datacrons I vote no.

I do vote to make them account wide when you go find them on character though. There is no reason to make every character go through those tedious jump puzzles, especially ones that require more than one person.

I would even be willing to pay a reasonable CM fee to enable account wide datacrons.

Buying datacrons I vote no.

I do vote to make them account wide when you go find them on character though. There is no reason to make every character go through those tedious jump puzzles, especially ones that require more than one person.

I would even be willing to pay a reasonable CM fee to enable account wide datacrons.

Second that! Earn the Datacrons!

BUT.. also would like to see it go Legacy wide some time. Right now I can give a rats arse about collecting them on ALTS after I've already gotten the Achievement and primary characters done with class only stats.

Second that! Earn the Datacrons!

BUT.. also would like to see it go Legacy wide some time. Right now I can give a rats arse about collecting them on ALTS after I've already gotten the Achievement and primary characters done with class only stats.

Jumping puzzles no thank you I have the starter planet and DK on every toon, Done with datacrons. Thats the worst idea every implemeted in gaming, mini game with no redeeming qualities.

Well don't think its a good idea myself but really post 2? its not going to be hard to get any of that stuff at all. crafting is good and worth while but not an absolutely necessary and most stuff just get alts to make. credits and comms. what 2 hour worth of playing you can get more than enough.

Your arguments are flawed but still agree with your sentiments of it not being a good idea.

Will I take advantage of it, sure but I have already gone though all 8 classes several times. Not sure it would be beneficial for a brand new player. Still its happening so might as well except it, because if a brand new player subbed to take advantage of this free level 60 and the free gifts, well would be open to all sorts o crap if bioware now dropped it.

Do have questions about it though, says A FREE level 60 character, so assume that's 1 per account and not per sever? What if you already have the max of 22?

Edited by DreadtechSavant

Some will be adults with disposable cash assuming since they paid for the level boost, they shouldn't have to work for anything, including understanding their character.

How much of an impact this causes for 60+ grouping will depend upon how Bioware handles the boost and / or any other changes.

If they add some sort of training missions or guides and provide a reasonable starter gear set, then it might not be a big issue.

You're still caring more about endgame than story? Why? Those days are past, this is a story based game now. I have to anticipate any new group content will be built knowing people are going to spend less time grouping and more time soloing.

You're still caring more about endgame than story? Why? Those days are past, this is a story based game now. I have to anticipate any new group content will be built knowing people are going to spend less time grouping and more time soloing.

We shall see - I think if they drop group activities from the game and focus entirely on solo play, the game will hit another downward patch shortly after the expansion.

None of that is to say I don't see story being a big pull, I do, and I'm hopefully optimistic what we get for new story is on par with other BIoware games and the original 1-50 content, including group content.

Though my pessimistic side does have concerns it will end up more like Ziost (not bad - but too short and not a lot of repeat value), with little to no new group content.