2nd Boss in Mandalorian Raiders - Can't CC, Intentional?

Pretty much what the topic says. CC doesn't work on these guys at all.

Is that intended? I can see maybe on Hard mode but on normal it really becomes trial and error and a lot of luck to get past this encounter. Ran it twice and both runs had multiple wipes on this boss.

Edited by Farabee

Pretty much what the topic says. CC doesn't work on these guys at all.

Is that intended? I can see maybe on Hard mode but on normal it really becomes trial and error and a lot of luck to get past this encounter. Ran it twice and both runs had multiple wipes on this boss.

Umm, bosses that can't be cc'ed are common in WoW and LotRO both, I've seen it. Most elite enemies are immune to cc in the world as well in TOR. None of my CC's worked for my JK Guardian against Silvers or above.

So I'd say that it was intentional. No fun if there's no challenge.

2 manned the boss multiple times, zero wipes. Just saying.

Doesn't it feel great to contribute absolutely nothing to this conversation? Reported for trolling.

All I'm saying, is there are people on this bored who are whining about the difficulty of Hammer Station. An instance you readily CAN 2-man, mind you. Can you imagine what they'll say when they try this boss?

Edit: Oh, and there's a YouTube video of people duoing it. As level 32s. In a level 25 instance. Most of the other Youtube videos I've seen for this instance involve people who are also massively over-level for this place, from level 28-30.

My party last night was made up of entirely level 25s. The first run I did was 3 25s and a 22 BH.

Edited by Farabee

Voice over coordination goes a long ways. Well for me at least

I marked the bosses, i told every to LOS on the left and i LOS'ed the ranged bosses.... Still turned into Royal Rumble. It wasnt hard, but not having an aoe taunt and the knight jumping all over the place... =/

If you dont mind me asking, could you give me a rundown on which order you and your group did the bosses?

They use to be CC'able, however it made them extremely easy.

The last beta they became CC immune and got health buffs all the way around, as well as the "rage" mechanic actually working better than it did before.

Personally, for its intended level, its overtuned compared to say.. Cadamimu. (Or however you spell that place)

Just remember not to save the Consular for last, as Earthquake will wreck your **** up. Same with the Trooper. We usually go Sent -> Consular -> DPS both BH/Trooper down to about 10%, then burn Trooper and BH last.

They use to be CC'able, however it made them extremely easy.

The last beta they became CC immune and got health buffs all the way around, as well as the "rage" mechanic actually working better than it did before.

Personally, for its intended level, its overtuned compared to say.. Cadamimu. (Or however you spell that place)

Just remember not to save the Consular for last, as Earthquake will wreck your **** up. Same with the Trooper. We usually go Sent -> Consular -> DPS both BH/Trooper down to about 10%, then burn Trooper and BH last.

Thank you. Finally some sense in this thread.

On the first run (the one with the 22 in it) we only killed it because it bugged and only left the Trooper and Smuggler up.

On the 2nd run, where everyone was 25 (think the other Juggernaut dinged midrun though so 26 perhaps) we went Sent -> Trooper -> Consular -> Smuggler. Was pretty close even with the aggro-dropping Sentinel out of the picture early.

I'm not crying for nerfs, but if this is the intended difficulty you may want to bump the other 2 bosses to this level for consistency purposes, because the first and last bosses feel like utter pushovers compared to this fight. The last boss is arguably easier than anything in BT/Esseles, even.

Ashane's way of doing it is probably the easiest way. I just downed it with a level appropriate PuG group (we ranged from 24-27). Once we wiped a few times my group figured it out and we were able to down it with only one dps dying :D

I'm not crying for nerfs, but if this is the intended difficulty you may want to bump the other 2 bosses to this level for consistency purposes, because the first and last bosses feel like utter pushovers compared to this fight. The last boss is arguably easier than anything in BT/Esseles, even.

This. I'd like to see the other bosses in MR get a bit harder. The boarding party fight is probably the most fun I've had in an instance so far, as a healer. The chaos and difficulty are welcomed after kinda just being able to rush through Athiss, Hammer Station, and Esseles without trying to think too hard about the mechanics of the fight. Also, the difficulty of the fight made my group stop and discuss the best course of action instead of charging in and just trying to face roll the boss (like we tried the 1st time), which is nice to see.

As a 23 BH bodyguard I simply couldn't keep up with the healing (other members were 24).

We downed them after the two we killed on the third* attempt did not respawn. Mostly the same group ran Athiss with me at level 18.

Annoying that critical efficiency is a level 24 talent :( I'm sure once I get it the fight will become much easier.

This fight made me really wish the heat metric was easier for other classes to measure by looking at my bar. I try to pop SCG at 30-35 heat to make the most of it, sometimes I'll tap zero a second before my next heal goes off. :( "you're not healing you have no heat" :cool:

*first attempt saw me try to concussion the trooper which eventually led to the wipe since I had to burst heal to keep myself up when all but the sentinel focused on me (adrenal, supercharged gas, Vent heat, 1400hp from medpack, and shield), though I was naturally blamed.

Edited by Darinford

Thank you. Finally some sense in this thread.

On the first run (the one with the 22 in it) we only killed it because it bugged and only left the Trooper and Smuggler up.

On the 2nd run, where everyone was 25 (think the other Juggernaut dinged midrun though so 26 perhaps) we went Sent -> Trooper -> Consular -> Smuggler. Was pretty close even with the aggro-dropping Sentinel out of the picture early.

seriously though dude that remark about the tank dropping aggro is not even close to being the players part on it. first of all if u even played a tank in this game u would know first hand how hard they made it for the class. number 1 tanks have only two aggros and one seems to not even work most of the time. number 2 taunt has a 15 sec cd. and finally Number 3 which is the MOST dumbest thing i could think of in a game TARGETING sucks for tanks. Tanks can tab a target yet that same tank has to find his/her cursor again just to keep attacking that target. It is the most oddest crap i have seen when playing. Okay sure there is no auto attack i am cool with that but hell why even have a tab target if we have to keep our pointer, which can get lost in the graphics on the target. I mean plain and simple it should be more slasher type of game if the target is there in front of you then you should be able to attack.

I've done mandalorian raiders 3 times now and it was not really that hard if you have properly leveled group. I've been in groups with level range of 26-29. And it has been no problem for us. I've always done it inq->warrior->IA->BH.

Personally, I've wiped against them in the BETA but after EGA started, they've been fine.

It might have to do with the fact that I always offtank the Jedi Knight while we kill it, since I'm a Juggernaut DPS, so I can just switch to tank stance and work that magic.

Anyway, we do JK> JC> Trooper> Smuggler, there's often some close calls, and sometimes the tank dies, and I can see how that is an issue if you don't have someone who can take up the tank roll midfight like some classes can.

I just did this one tonight. Sniper, Sorcerer and two Juggernauts. The strat that seemed to work for us was to burn down the Sentinel and then the Consular. Then we took the Trooper down to like 5% and then the Smuggler down to 5% and basically finished them at the same time to avoid the mega rage damage boost. It helps if you can take turns taunting the Sentinel so she doesn't fly around the room hitting your healer. Main tank needs to keep aggro up on the ranged MOBs with AOE.

I suppose you could try to have each party member duel each enemy and try to kill them at the same time but without CC that might get hairy for squishy classes or healers.

We didn't get any loot for that fight and I couldn't tell if it was bugged or not. It looked like there was a chest but it was dead.

Edited by MorgonKara

My group wiped 3 times on this encounter, it indeed is very tough.

Our group was

26 corruption sorcerer healing (me)

22 Powertech dps

24 Jugg tank

25 sniper

Essentially I couldn't keep up on the healing and I would eventually run out of focus and we would wipe. The strategy that we had the most success with was burning down the boss without aggro, then getting the other 3 low in health, then killing them. However, we wiped the last time with the final two at 10% health. We probably could have gotten it eventually but the dead guys didnt respawn for the 4th attempt and we killed him.

This boss is MUCH MUCH tougher than the other bosses and should probably be brought in line with the other instances. It was clearly overly buffed from beta.

with me as jugg tank we used the order of:

knight > trooper > consular > smuggler

That was based on my experience from beta but it seems they were tuned a bit:

in beta the trooper kicked you back and casted full auto. haven't seen any of those two in life now.

also the jedi knight was impossible to keep aggro so i basically ignored him while the others burned him down. that way i could build up aggro on the other three and keep them most of the fight (with a bit of spot on occasion).

We did this yesterday in a PUG with a 24 Juggernaut, a 23 Sorceror (DPS), a 22 Merc, and a 23 IA Op (Heals).

We killed the Consular, then the Knight, then the Trooper, then the Smuggler. First try, no problems. Just need to communicate. Also, our healer did an epic job.