How is Empire on this server?

Mashugana

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to say that PvP was fairly balanced. But no, it's not. In fact, I even laughed to myself when I read the title. If you plan to solo queue on imp side, be ready for a lot of frustration. Other than that, the few times I queued for FP went well. I don't read general chat so I have no idea about the trolling.

The general comment from my guild is that Imps are ******es, and Pubs are generally MUCH nicer...

The question is if it's true or not, I can't tell... There are ALWAYS jerks on each side, but from some of my guild members, it seems they get thrown into a party with jerks more often than not... but that is also we're primarily Imperial and we group more on the Imp side...

but on a psychological standpoint, Republic seems to be the "go-to" faction for those who are just starting, so more new players, who are willing to stick around other new players, whereas those who are a bit experienced jump to the Imperial side which is more "bad ***" and just be a jerk to other players because "that's what Siths are"

Bad, except for uncensored, bad.

Uncensored has some good players but their guild numbers are too insignificant to make an impact. While a majority of the imp side is just terribad. Then again you can say the same about a lot of the pubs as well though. There are bad players on both sides it is just the republic has the higher majority of quality guilds.

The reason LD50 makes an impact is we have around 40 solid pvpers. Enough for 5 ranked squads! If open world pvp ever got revived no other guild on this server would stand a chance.

I am sure people from the original CO remember how we used to roll over ilum. That was fun stuff. Well for us at least...:D

Edited by Utopii

It’s pretty even PVE wise I think most of the end game guilds are finishing content within days/weeks of each other, where PVP can be horrid some nights, if you can’t find good guildies to group with for PvP you are going to have a long evening :) Most imps that are really into PvP have a 50 pub toon built out of frustration (myself included). JC pubs have a tighter pvp community with less casual players in the que, it was somewhat balanced at the merge but with more players leaving there imp mains it is making the gap wider. I would love for them to put in a factionless warzone, would be fun, till this day IDK why devs make games with factions, twice the amount of gear to design and you segregate your player base :p

It’s pretty even PVE wise I think most of the end game guilds are finishing content within days/weeks of each other, where PVP can be horrid some nights, if you can’t find good guildies to group with for PvP you are going to have a long evening :) Most imps that are really into PvP have a 50 pub toon built out of frustration (myself included). JC pubs have a tighter pvp community with less casual players in the que, it was somewhat balanced at the merge but with more players leaving there imp mains it is making the gap wider. I would love for them to put in a factionless warzone, would be fun, till this day IDK why devs make games with factions, twice the amount of gear to design and you segregate your player base :p

I've found this true, as well. I'm one of the holdouts who refuse, probably to my detriment, to reroll 'pub for PvP (although, I did start an op healer before 1.4 buffed sorcs).

It is terrible to solo queue for normal WZ's before 9-11pm (depending on the day) Eastern on the Imperial side, you will win maybe 1 out of 10-15 matches. Okay not really, maybe 1 in 5, but there are strings of 6-8 straight losses early in the evening some days. Later/night Imps get closer to a 50%+ win ratio depending on the number of premades.

For ranked matches, there are literally only 2 competitive teams that demolish everyone else, and depending on who you ask, may or may not be competitive with each other and depends on who comprises each respective team.

Edited by nickmose
Stat update

I normally don't post in these threads..... there's usually a lot of posturing going on, and ego play, but I feel I should give you my honest opinion because you are considering a very time consuming proposition.

Empire on this server..... PVE wise we seem to do just fine. PVP is where things get ugly. A terrible PVPer is a terrible PVPer, they exist on both sides.

Typically I have a far easier time on 50 PVP on Repside. At it's core it is heavily imbalanced. (If we are talking about any sort of organized PVP).

Why is it imbalanced? Both sides had good PVPers, but there is no doubt most (not all) of the hard core PVP here is from Canderous Ordo. (My opinion only - yes I'm from there too but I don't think this is bias)

Even with strong PVPers, one or two guilds popped up on Repside that I would classify as 'above the rest' I will say this respectfully for all the other strong guilds out there.

The reality is with this imbalance came a mini-exodus of Imperial players that rather than organize, or stick it out, or come together, they abandoned their guilds, and leveled toons on Repside. They got tired of losing, tired of playing with a mass of Imps that simply can't or won't PVP with any conviction or ability to co-ordinate.

^This is the crux of the matter imo. I know of a few players personally who have done this, and I know in general it happens fairly frequently.

So now we are at a point where the imbalance is permanent. It is NOT a self correcting scenario... it would have to be 'manipulated' to become -balanced-. That is to say, some of the exodus would have to intentionally come back, or some of the top players would have to intentionally start a PVP Impside guild.

Otherwise I don't see it changing here, because the problem is self perpetuating; most flock to 2-3 guilds and the problem repeats itself.

We've had people decide to come here (from another server) and show us (the server in general) 'how PVP works', and they've failed. We (Jedi Covenant) have had people threaten this a few times... I haven't seen it work.

I think in general our PVP environment is very strong, and unforgiving. New people take it pretty hard, and I bet a good number simply won't queue anymore.... For instance I assume I will lose 80% of the time if I solo queue. I try my best to queue with guildies but even they aren't all hardcore on PVP.

Sorry to ramble, but to answer your question I wanted to give you some history and depth. There is a strong imbalance issue I don't see correcting without an organized attempt at it.... people keep leaving for repside still. (Almost none come back...... )

This is my personal take on it. This may not be the Imp server you are looking for.... move along, move along. ;)

I have 50's on both sides and the thing that drives me crazy about Imps is how quickly they quit. In Alderaan if you lose the mid 2-3 will drop out fast or worse just go collect comms on the one node they have and ***** about how bad everyone else sucks. Lose the first door in VS and watch then names fly by of people dropping. the thought of a comeback or anything is totally out of the question. It's pretty sad, needless to say I've given up on Imp for a while at least.

I normally don't post in these threads..... there's usually a lot of posturing going on, and ego play, but I feel I should give you my honest opinion because you are considering a very time consuming proposition.

Empire on this server..... PVE wise we seem to do just fine. PVP is where things get ugly. A terrible PVPer is a terrible PVPer, they exist on both sides.

Typically I have a far easier time on 50 PVP on Repside. At it's core it is heavily imbalanced. (If we are talking about any sort of organized PVP).

Why is it imbalanced? Both sides had good PVPers, but there is no doubt most (not all) of the hard core PVP here is from Canderous Ordo. (My opinion only - yes I'm from there too but I don't think this is bias)

Even with strong PVPers, one or two guilds popped up on Repside that I would classify as 'above the rest' I will say this respectfully for all the other strong guilds out there.

The reality is with this imbalance came a mini-exodus of Imperial players that rather than organize, or stick it out, or come together, they abandoned their guilds, and leveled toons on Repside. They got tired of losing, tired of playing with a mass of Imps that simply can't or won't PVP with any conviction or ability to co-ordinate.

^This is the crux of the matter imo. I know of a few players personally who have done this, and I know in general it happens fairly frequently.

So now we are at a point where the imbalance is permanent. It is NOT a self correcting scenario... it would have to be 'manipulated' to become -balanced-. That is to say, some of the exodus would have to intentionally come back, or some of the top players would have to intentionally start a PVP Impside guild.

Otherwise I don't see it changing here, because the problem is self perpetuating; most flock to 2-3 guilds and the problem repeats itself.

We've had people decide to come here (from another server) and show us (the server in general) 'how PVP works', and they've failed. We (Jedi Covenant) have had people threaten this a few times... I haven't seen it work.

I think in general our PVP environment is very strong, and unforgiving. New people take it pretty hard, and I bet a good number simply won't queue anymore.... For instance I assume I will lose 80% of the time if I solo queue. I try my best to queue with guildies but even they aren't all hardcore on PVP.

Sorry to ramble, but to answer your question I wanted to give you some history and depth. There is a strong imbalance issue I don't see correcting without an organized attempt at it.... people keep leaving for repside still. (Almost none come back...... )

This is my personal take on it. This may not be the Imp server you are looking for.... move along, move along. ;)

Nice post. This is pretty much what I'd say if I actually had the time and motivation to actually flesh out my thoughts :D.

I've been playing the game since launch and am originally from Canderous Ordo. PvP was actually pretty balanced until the exodus :(

I'd say that pvp wise pubs seem to have a bigger pool of above average players and run premades consistently...which makes a lot of the solo queing impact give up they see a pillar of ashara(think that's the guild) and your side has no premade they will give up. But if the imps have a strat thrown out at the beginning of the game they seem to do a lot better. That's just my opinion of pugging.

I'd say that pvp wise pubs seem to have a bigger pool of above average players and run premades consistently... /snip

Sorry to quote myself, but it goes back to this imo:

...The reality is with this imbalance came a mini-exodus of Imperial players that rather than organize, or stick it out, or come together, they abandoned their guilds, and leveled toons on Repside. They got tired of losing, tired of playing with a mass of Imps that simply can't or won't PVP with any conviction or ability to co-ordinate.

This will keep happening... people don't like a struggle. They quit PVPing, or leave their guilds, gravitate towards the successful ones (or successful faction), and the problem repeats itself. At this point, it won't change without the situation being intentionally manipulated.

With F2P every kid wants to be Darth Maul. The amount of 14K Impside PVPers is unprecedented imo.

Most of the "stronger" PVPers in my guild have almost completely stopped PVPing save the odd night we do rated, which has become more and more rare.

Yeah Imp solo q makes me want to throw my monitor.

Its because all the CO transfers that re rolled pub. I don't blame them though, I don't like competition either. I'd rather take every good player off of one side and just face-roll baddies all day to make my epeen larger.

Yeah Imp solo q makes me want to throw my monitor.

Its because all the CO transfers that re rolled pub. I don't blame them though, I don't like competition either. I'd rather take every good player off of one side and just face-roll baddies all day to make my epeen larger.

Back when i was still on Imp side, after my guildies left for GW2 from infidels, there were absolutely no good imp pvpers playing, it was horrible I withstood it alone 3-4 weeks. Then I decided to make a character for Hk-51 and decided to just stay over here.

Don't get me wrong, imp side has gotten much better since the last merge, but there's also a lot more fotm/crutch play going on over there.

This server has horrible PvP players on BOTH sides. I'm new to MMO's but it's not hard to learn how to play and win in PvP but you have people whose egos, pride, or whatever gets in the way and causes an easy win to be a huge loss.

I still pvp though because I like being competitive and it helps me improve overall. Plus I usually walk away from a match with high enough damage, medals, protection or heals to know I did my job and assisted as much as I could.

TBH the whole reason LD50 went pub was because everyone and their mom was going imp. We wanted the competition and, in our eyes, rolling "against" the norm was the best way to achieve that.

Little did we predict that LD50 would have such an impact on the PvP scene on CO we basically combined most, not all, of the good players into one guild. We have always been welcoming to good players no matter which faction they come from. So long as they are exceptional players, level headed and don't mind receiving hate we will always have room for quality button mashing skills.

IMO the imps have always been way too fragmented entombed within their own groups and small clicks. Open world pvp will make this very apparent, like it did on CO, if people don't already see this. An imp guild needs to step up and unite the imp sheep herd!