Changing companion armor

LeeLoou

Is there anything in the works to let us change the armor for Lana ( so far the only companion I know that you cant change the clothing and armor)? Was at fleet yesterday and there were 5 lana's all standing around together all looking exactly the same, its not right. Let us change her appearance like the rest of the companions.

Is there anything in the works to let us change the armor for Lana ( so far the only companion I know that you cant change the clothing and armor)? Was at fleet yesterday and there were 5 lana's all standing around together all looking exactly the same, its not right. Let us change her appearance like the rest of the companions.

It's not just Lana. All the new companions introduced in 4.0 are like this. (Lana, Koth, Theron, Senya from the main story, and all the ones you can recruit during the alliance recruiting phase. All former companions that you can re-recruit or cross-class recruit are customisable, except the droids.)

You two are far from alone. I'd like to be able to have Lana wear something different (probably black/deep red BBA Bounty Tracker gearset like my character wears).
I still have a set of Obroan Supercommando armor (dyed red/white) that I would LOVE to put on Lana Beniko, so she can both look Sithy AND still fit in with the armor the rest of my squad wears. They all wear my Vanguard's PvP leftovers, dyed red/white or white/red, whichever gives the set mostly white armor.

• 3 weeks later...
For those that dont realize this. All older companions that all your toons have, those that come back through out the SWTFE story line. You can customize there gear, as far as their appearances goes. All those new Companions from the story line, you can'not change their appearances. Maybe they will make them where you can. Or maybe there is a reason why you can't. Like they take off and dont come back and there went your gear with them, exct.......

All older companions that all your toons have, those that come back through out the SWTFE story line. You can customize there gear, as far as their appearances goes.

Not quite all. You can't use gear to change the appearance of the droids, nor the weirdos(1), nor the weird parts of partial weirdos(2).

(1) Bowdaar, Blizz, Broonmark, Khem Val.

(2) Qyzen Fess (head, feet, hands), Guss Tano (head, hands), Tanno Vik (head), Yuun (head, hands), Xalek (hands, head), and probably (I don't have him yet) Skadge and (not checked) Gault.

Not quite all. You can't use gear to change the appearance of the droids, nor the weirdos(1), nor the weird parts of partial weirdos(2).

(1) Bowdaar, Blizz, Broonmark, Khem Val.

(2) Qyzen Fess (head, feet, hands), Guss Tano (head, hands), Tanno Vik (head), Yuun (head, hands), Xalek (hands, head), and probably (I don't have him yet) Skadge and (not checked) Gault.

Then i stand corrected........

then again. i do not have all them back just 3 and for the most part u can customize them but hands and feet and head. which stands to reason, they're not usual and typical hands and feet and heads, so again it stands to reason.

Edited by Sith-Viscera

This was something i have been hoping for since day 1 of KotFE and was really hoping they would take our feedback into consideration when doing their special subscriber rewards...but nothing.

Then hoping to see it for the next chapter...still nothing

In fact i'm pretty sure nobody has even acknowledged the many threads like this that have popped up with any kind of feedback.

Ya know for me, at the end of the day, whats going to kill this game for me isn't their direction with the game, it's not bugs or exploits, it's not story or pvp or raids....

it's the total apathy they seem to display towards valid concerns and requests. If you care so little about your customers, just come out and say it

Edited by sinisterwaffle

This was something i have been hoping for since day 1 of KotFE and was really hoping they would take our feedback into consideration when doing their special subscriber rewards...but nothing.

Then hoping to see it for the next chapter...still nothing

In fact i'm pretty sure nobody has even acknowledged the many threads like this that have popped up with any kind of feedback.

Ya know for me, at the end of the day, whats going to kill this game for me isn't their direction with the game, it's not bugs or exploits, it's not story or pvp or raids....

it's the total apathy they seem to display towards valid concerns and requests. If you care so little about your customers, just come out and say it

Exactly, also i dont like the lying. During one of their live dev feeds they asked everyone who their favorite new companion was and it was a landslide for lana but what do they say? "yes, thats right. you all voted for HK, so guess what? He's coming back." It was clearly a lie with the evidence in the chat column right there but they had already planned to make this big deal about HK. Once again not giving the players what they ask for and just doing what they please.

• 1 year later...

THIS

If Bioware wants to keep subscribers then this is a good way to do it. I currently spend hours playing dress up in this game over story, pve, and pvp. I spend millions of credits on outfits and outfit slots in the designer. I've spent all day just looking for the right pair boots or gloves to go with an outfit for my toon and companions. There are untold countless hordes of us that do this. I've had so many conversations in game about this topic and outfits its insane. This is a major component of the game and would be a big deal especially if they added more features to outfit designer, more outfits in general, and outfit related content---like the current planetary quest and social item schemes. Also more (cool looking) outfit schematics just for cosmetic value.

Edited by MingusPho

THIS

If Bioware wants to keep subscribers then this is a good way to do it. I currently spend hours playing dress up in this game over story, pve, and pvp. I spend millions of credits on outfits and outfit slots in the designer. I've spent all day just looking for the right pair boots or gloves to go with an outfit for my toon and companions. There are untold countless hordes of us that do this. I've had so many conversations in game about this topic and outfits its insane. This is a major component of the game and would be a big deal especially if they added more features to outfit designer, more outfits in general, and outfit related content---like the current planetary quest and social item schemes. Also more (cool looking) outfit schematics just for cosmetic value.

Yeah man It made me so mad when I geared up shae vilza only to not be able to change her gear in the next update. Also we need hk 55 and 47 companion customizations if we are not gettting hk 55 at all. But allowing us to equip out character makes them different from each other and helps make them more personal to us....Lately i keep asking myself is it worth is to sub. Even if we have the same companions allowing us to equip their armor and weapons allowing a more personal experience. What does new content matter if they do not care what we want.

• 2 weeks later...
i miss armor for my companions being relevant from a mmo standpoint yes what they did helps game play but from an immersion standpoint it breaks immersion for me but that could just be me i enjoyed outfitting them now there inst much point to do that anymore and most people wont even play with certain companions like that had to at the beginning now they just pick a companion and change there spec for each situation

i miss armor for my companions being relevant from a mmo standpoint yes what they did helps game play but from an immersion standpoint it breaks immersion for me but that could just be me i enjoyed outfitting them now there inst much point to do that anymore and most people wont even play with certain companions like that had to at the beginning now they just pick a companion and change there spec for each situation

I think that's a positive for some people: I can play the companion *I* want without having to worry about that companion's combat role. And I can change companions at will without the continual resource drain implied by stat-gearing my companions.

(That said, my Assassin didn't use a healing companion before Hoth because she didn't even have one, aside from the weenie ship droid that you couldn't give a weapon to, and afterwards, well, the only healer was that nerd who deserted her during a big fight, so she did without. Khem Val until Tatooine, then Andronikos Revel after.)

I think that's a positive for some people: I can play the companion *I* want without having to worry about that companion's combat role. And I can change companions at will without the continual resource drain implied by stat-gearing my companions.

(That said, my Assassin didn't use a healing companion before Hoth because she didn't even have one, aside from the weenie ship droid that you couldn't give a weapon to, and afterwards, well, the only healer was that nerd who deserted her during a big fight, so she did without. Khem Val until Tatooine, then Andronikos Revel after.)

Huh, well that's what I get for not checking the date lmao