Cover Issues - Post 1.2.2

Miltonium

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In that other mmo this would've been the type of game breaking bug that would've been hotfixed immediately. It's upsetting to know that BW is allowing this to go on for a full patch cycle. Edited by Booyakah

Something I have been noticing for a while in WZs. A Sith Warrior(Jedi Knight) could be in the front arc and they could leap to me, even though I had the cover screen up or behind hard cover. It is especially noticeable when I am on a different elevation than them. The only time it seems they can't jump to me is when I have Hunker Down active.

i dont want to sound arrogant or "know it all" like but are you sure they are not using their "leap on designed spot" ability? (dont remember the name)...

When they jump ON you they have a shield icon popping on them saying you can not cc them... if they leap on a spot just in front or beside you, they wont have that as far as i know. so you can tell the difference.

regards

EDIT: flame me all you want when i say their ignorance and incompetence baffles me... but seeing this bug/flaw etc... havent been hotfixed already... well... baffles me :(

Edited by Seyyah

Fix it faster. And I'm no programmer but plz explain how you broke something with a patch that had nothing to do with Agents/Smugglers?

Short answer: Coding is like Jenga. Move a brick on the bottom, watch the top quiver.

I'm really not seeing what this issue is here. I played in warzones last night and only had it happen once when I was strafing didn't let off the key fast enough before I hit cover.

I know it might be annoying, but what is making it so unplayable?

I realize the concept of "competitive PvP" is a joke in this game, but this cover bug is just killing PvP for me.

To be successful in PvP on this class, you need to be constantly moving around, popping in and out of cover. This bug makes that 10 times more difficult and 10 times slower.

The best is when you pop into cover, but get pulled or leaped to instantly. There goes our ranged advantage.

It's like BW is just begging me to quit their game. I keep looking for reasons to keep playing but I'm just struggling to find them. And with a new bug appearing every time an old one gets fixed, where is the progress, BW?

EDIT:

I notice this problem one week ago after the patch. But also the push back is working 1/3 times.

I've had trouble with this ability, too. Not as often as you but maybe once a day I'll have somebody like a Sorc or other class with no CC immunity not be knocked back (without full resolve, of course).

Edited by dougan

sigh...

everybody and their dogs can pull/jump me now...

amazingly CC happens even when i am entrenched as well %50 of the times... server lag perhaps but come on... cant play like this...

Hi there. Same problems (cover and the occasional failure of Pulse Detonator working properly (supposedly)).

I'd like to add/know if anyone else has been having issues with Hunker Down versus certain CCs, specifically the knock-backs from the Consular/Inquisitor and Trooper/Bounty Hunter classes. Obviously, I'll "crouch/take cover", use Hunker Down/(Imperial equivalent), but my opponent will still manage to displace me using the aforementioned abilities.

Thank you and good hunting.

* I'm sorry if someone already posed this question earlier in the thread, its late, I'm sick, didn't feel like reading all seven pages. Again, I apologize.

** Also, I'd like to apologize if the Hunker Down issue should have garnered its own thread. :o

Edited by RedRaptorKarma

The fact that BiOWare still haven't rolled back their servers baffles me. Maybe they don't understand, OUR ENTIRE CLASS IS BROKEN.

How dumb can BiOWare be? How can they have let this go on for so long? What're they doing to compensate for this? 30 days free for something they promised and never gave, whatever, you get what you get.

The only compensation you could give for THIS, is a free level 50 of any other class, and one of the balls strung to a bat, with a picture of Stephen Reid's face on the bat, so the little balls hits him a lot and stuff!

I don't know about you guys, but for me it's not just when I'm moving... Even when I see the Green "cover available here" graphic, and I'm perfectly still, I still roll into cover, and am immediately kicked out of cover...

BW, here are your two options for Tuesday's Patch:

a) You've fixed the bug. In that case, you need to confirm the bug was fixed 'on the Tuesday'. If you don't / wont do this, myself and most other GSs are going to assume you fixed the bug earlier than Tuesday and decided NOT to roll out a patch to fix immediately, or left us in the dark about the fix and failed to follow up on your post. Either of these is not good enough.

b) You haven't managed to fix it yet because the problem is bigger than anticipated. In that case, you need to get back on this thread and explain a bit and / or update us. (Transparency. What? Why? How? etc). If you don't / wont do this, myself and most other GSs are going to assume you don't really care about keeping your player base up to date and informed with issues concerning them. This is not good enough.

Edit: Pulse Det is also a complete joke currently...

Edited by ambitiousapple

Just adding my name to the complaint list. THis is getting really old. This has been my favorite class of any MMO. Problem is I can not enjoy it, because someone keeps messing with it.

Please BW, make this class work, then STOP tweaking it...............

Hi folks, thanks for reporting this. We've confirmed and added this to our list of Known Issues and we are now working on a fix for an upcoming patch. Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

I spoke with a customer rep about this ingame and they said it's working as intended...

Mixed communication, woo!

Then the Rep you spoke with is clueless. this is from the devloper forum

AllisonBerryman

General Discussion -> Every patch brings more bugs than fixes.

Hello everyone - we do have a fix for the issue with taking cover while moving that will be deployed very soon.

We know that encountering bugs can be frustrating and appreciate your report. If you do encounter a bug, we encourage you to file an in-game bug report, which will be forwarded on to the correct teams. If you're having technical issues, you may also contact support to get help with troubleshooting any known issues.

I really hope this is fixed today. I haven't played my slinger since Friday after getting fed up of the performance in pvp, especially when in Huttball trying to knock the ball carrier back (something that's already touch and go since I have to drop into cover before I can do it and then watch as for no apparent reason it has no effect on them) only to find that the ball carrier hasn't been sent anywhere because I failed to get into cover.