Actual Companions (not holograms)

Callaron

Has there been any word on Bioware ever switching out those holograms and letting us place actual companions instead? =/

Those things are so incredibly immersion breaking when you've placed a certain character to secure an area, and all that's standing there is a silly hologram when you go there on an alt.

It does that because when your on an alt, your offline character isn't loaded, thus the game has no idea what gear, customization, etc is on your companion.

But the hologram has different armor and customization too so it's not like that problem is avoided.

But the hologram has different armor and customization too so it's not like that problem is avoided.

^Exactly.

The holograms all have the default companion appearance, no matter what customizations or equipment you actually have on yours. Maybe they figured that making them holos would make it less noticeable? :p

The holos always use the default starting gear and default appearance of that companion, because the game has NO IDEA what your companion looks like when your toon is offline

Edited by Terro_Fett

The holos always use the default starting gear and default appearance of that companion, because the game has NO IDEA what your companion looks like when your toon is offline

Right. So if they're going to look like that either way, that's no reason to have them be holograms.

Right. So if they're going to look like that either way, that's no reason to have them be holograms.

I agree. I'm fine with Malavai Quinn wearing his Imperial uniform and looking as his default customization, same with Andronicus or Krem - I'd just like them not be holograms.

I have been asking for this for ages. Originally it was to just get rid of the whole hologram thing but enough people have said they would rather have the option of turning it on or off. So, I'd be ecstatic if we had the ability to turn them on or off.

I would like the ability to make them real people. I am okay with the companions having the default appearance when they are not yours. I just want them to be real people. There were interactions between the different characters companions in the story, and I want my stronghold to reflect that (e.g. Kaliyo and Doc, Qyzen and Mako, etc.)

• 2 weeks later...