A Record of the Dread Masters

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the Tweet about this and thought "Holy crap! They are bringing back the voiced journals of Gnost Dural!"

And then I saw that it was text. I was a bit disappointed. Still a cool write-up of the Dread Master storyline, however.

I am so happy that 2.4 will be the end of the dread masters.

It is quickly looking like every new piece of content is tied to them in some way or other. Why couldn't the hutt cartel have just been greedy opportunistic bastards rather than linked to the dread masters. I'm amazed that they weren't some how behind bounty contact week and CZ-198 as well.

Once we kill them off in the new ops hopefully the story team can get back to the galactic civil war that started in Chapter 2 almost 2 years ago and seems almost forgotten.

An amazingly written article. But, as was stated, shame there was not enough will/time/money/graphics/whatever to make it in the form the the awesome Timeline videos. Those were my favorite prior to launch (although they were often a nightmare to translate for my website).

I am so happy that 2.4 will be the end of the dread masters.

It is quickly looking like every new piece of content is tied to them in some way or other. Why couldn't the hutt cartel have just been greedy opportunistic bastards rather than linked to the dread masters. I'm amazed that they weren't some how behind bounty contact week and CZ-198 as well.

Once we kill them off in the new ops hopefully the story team can get back to the galactic civil war that started in Chapter 2 almost 2 years ago and seems almost forgotten.

Well, the War was debated in Makeb storyline. Empire was in pretty bad shape (mainly because Sith are bunch of self-centered morons, while the Republic stands united), and its future remains uncertain even after the questionable success of their involvement in the events that transpired there.

Dread Master were not directly involved in Makeb storyline. They merely expanded into Hutt territory, which forced Karragga to assault other planets, which ended in his premature death. And that death opened the way for that crazy Hutt Toborro, who invaded Makeb.

Well, the War was debated in Makeb storyline. Empire was in pretty bad shape (mainly because Sith are bunch of self-centered morons, while the Republic stands united), and its future remains uncertain even after the questionable success of their involvement in the events that transpired there.

Dread Master were not directly involved in Makeb storyline. They merely expanded into Hutt territory, which forced Karragga to assault other planets, which ended in his premature death. And that death opened the way for that crazy Hutt Toborro, who invaded Makeb.

My, what a Republic-centric take on Rise of the Hutt Cartel. The Republic may 'stand united' from one perspective, but it's pretty clear

from both Makeb and one of the class stories that Chancellor Suresh is a 'win at all costs' leader that I suspect will begin to alienate her allies.

I wouldn't call the conclusion of the Imperial storyline on Makeb 'questionable' at all, and your assessment also ignores the fact that Toborro was just one of many Hutts involved with the plans on Makeb, which included another Hutt determined to resurrect a long-lost Hutt title to name himself supreme ruler over his people.

The Dread Masters may not have been directly involved, but they clearly upset the "world order" and set off a chain of events that go beyond the simple dichotomy of Republic and Empire and into major upheaval on both sides of the aisle.

I can not wait for these operations. The planet is a great bonus too! I checked out fortress on the PTS... Dang, the Dread Masters really have... Bolstered their defensives since our little run-in at the Belsavis prison.

I'm so excited to take them down, I've been using "The indomitable" title on my guardian 24/7. :D

And for all you non-saber-slashers, who fear the fear of the Dread Masters...

Hoky religions and ancient weapons are nothing compared to a good old fashion blaster at your side.

My, what a Republic-centric take on Rise of the Hutt Cartel. The Republic may 'stand united' from one perspective, but it's pretty clear

from both Makeb and one of the class stories that Chancellor Suresh is a 'win at all costs' leader that I suspect will begin to alienate her allies.

I never thought I'd hate someone supporting a lightside choice (that isn't being killed in the darkside, I mean) that I could actively dislike for it, and yet that Chancellor proved me wrong. From when I first set foot on Taris republic side, I disliked her patriotic arrogance, and her behaviour at the end of her quest does not lessen that by any degree.

Interesting,even though I haven't played any of the Operations yet the 1 thing that caught my attention was that the Dread Masters had an influence on Karagga the hutt. I did not know that at all.

BioWare,

Make this set available in Cartel Market, at least the robes. It looks awesome on a Sorcerer

If you mean the Dread Masters gears then yeah it would be very nice if they brought them back. I remember they were available as Battlemaster PVP gears.

Interesting,even though I haven't played any of the Operations yet the 1 thing that caught my attention was that the Dread Masters had an influence on Karagga the hutt. I did not know that at all.

If you mean the Dread Masters gears then yeah it would be very nice if they brought them back. I remember they were available as Battlemaster PVP gears.

Yeah, if you wear the Volate/Muse headgear on a Sorc/Assassin you can look exactly like the pre-1.3 Dread Masters. With the Corrupted Dread Guard Mask you sort of look like the post-1.3 Dread Masters.