New to 55 Shadow - What to do now

Mykre

Hello All,

I am a new to 55 Shadow and have been playing the base story and doing the odd flashpoint here and there, We have been specing up our gear to around 156 level but are still getting swamped in pvp. My question here is what is the best direction to start taking the focus on for my gearing collection. Has anyone got any good guides up and running, or con some one point me in the right direction for collections and or mods to start focusing on. Running an infiltration tree.

Should I be building two sets of gear? on for the PVP and the other for PVE, or do you have suggestions that can cater for both.

Thanks heaps.

You will need two sets of gear at 55 if you want to PvP- one for PvE, one for PvP. The Expertise in the PvP gear will buff your damage output and make you less squishy so you don't die as quickly. You will need to wear your PvE gear in PvP at first while you grind PvP commendations, a currency you use to buy gear from the PvP Vendors in the Combat section of fleet. Someone else can tell you the name of the set you need for Infiltration. :)

To elaborate a bit, 156 gear is probably okay for starting up PvP and PvE both, but anything higher will incur penalties to expertise in warzones.

You can use your PvP gear in flashpoints (including hard mode) and story mode operations and it will be good enough, but if you want to get serious about PvE, you will want some dedicated gear.

PvE gear is far more powerful for solo activities like dailies, and good enough gear will allow you to solo NPCs in areas designed for groups, but PvP gear is a must have for open-world PvP as a PVP-geared player will easily overpower a PvE-geared player in a duel.

Overall, if you must only have one set of gear, it's safer to have PvP gear.

As you participate in more content, eventually you will get enough commendations to build a set of gear for each.

Regarding the type of gear you need for shadow DPS, it's called "Stalker" gear. That's the one that carries the set bonus for your class and role, both in PvP and PvE. So for example you will want to acquire some Obroan/Brutalizer Stalker gear for PvP and Arkanian/Underworld/Dread-Forged Stalker gear for PvE. That's only for pieces that carry a set bonus, though.

You will also want to augment your gear, especially for PvP (players in augmented gear have an edge over you). This is costly so depending how wealthy you are this may take some time.

Thanks heaps for the advice, I think I am going to stay with what I have and start to duplicate the gear. Going through some early rounds I should be able to start to buy components for the PVP Sets, and focus on doing the story modes for PvE gear. Time isn't an issue for me, as I am enjoying both and am willing to build on it.

Thinking I focus on the light saber first, get a second saber and set it up with base PvP gear with the commendations.