cartel market question

AlCorazon

Hey,

Are there packs that could contain a full set of armor or a weapon, for example a blaster rifle? I wan't a set of armor for my Sin, a set for operative (something black, but with modern special forces look) and a blaster rifle for operative, but the only rifle on sale for a while is the CZ rifle (which is good, but i want something different, something special) for 500cc, i mean does CM sell any other rifles?

Edited by AlCorazon

Hey,

Are there packs that could contain a full set of armor or a weapon, for example a blaster rifle? I wan't a set of armor for my Sin, a set for operative (something black, but with modern special forces look) and a blaster rifle for operative, but the only rifle on sale for a while is the CZ rifle (which is good, but i want something different, something special) for 500cc, i mean does CM sell any other rifles?

Don't get too caught up in the specific color scheme of available armor. That's what dye modules are for. Black/Black is every expensive (1500CC or a couple million credits on the GTN), but there are plenty of black and other color combinations that are very attractive and are reasonably priced on the GTN: Black/light gray, Black/Blue, Red/Black,Black/yellow to name a few.

As for weapons, I am sure that there are more rifles than just the CZ one on the CM at the moment. But again, you might want to check the GTN. There are TONS of CM weapons available on the GTN and some are dirt cheap.

As you can probably tell by now, anything that is available on the CM is also available on the GTN. It is only a matter of how many credits you have and how many you are willing to spend.

Adding to this full armor sets are rare and only come so far in grand acqusitions, grand nightlife and galactic legends pack iirc.

Plus in any pack you buy it will be random what items you can get, the cartel market itself sells a very small amount of direct items like rifles and rarely full armor sets. Most items are in packs and thus you have to gamble to get them if spending cartel coins.

You can look at collections to look at all the different armor sets and weapons etc. available from the cartel market also.

As psandak said everything will be available from the GTN which is often the easiest ( and cheapest ) way to get a set item you are after.

When you open a pack, it is random what you get. And whether you get a multi-armor container or a single piece is defined by the rarity placed on the item by BW. For example, in the current pack you have the Havok armor set. This set is considered very rare and will only have one piece (at most) in the pack (very rare drop). Then there is less rare items like the synthetic armor set which will be in a bundled container within the pack. But it only takes three bundles to make the full set (high, mid, and low). But again, you will only potentially get one of these in the pack.

Then there is the rare occasions when BW will put a full armor set on the CM. If it is something you are interested in, grab it while you can. Or it may be some time before you will see it again on a piece by piece basis in the random item pack.

Weapons, mounts, emotes, and companion customizations aren't generally treated as rare items in the packs. So these you might be able to snag fairly cheap on the GTN. I have seen some of these items go for as low as 1000 credits due to their very common status within the packs.

Edited by ForceWelder

So there is no point to ask for a recommendation for a pack that would contain a set of appropriate armoe (operative, special forces look) or a set for a sin?

Every pack contains lots of armor pieces, use the collections to see what armor each pack holds.

When you find what you are looking for try search for that armor on the GTN, the packs are a gamble and does not always contain what you are looking for. They have only two-three packs up at the same time so chances are that the set you want might not even be available on the cartel market.

Edited by Icestar

On the GTN there are some different packs that contain multiple armor pieces out there.

You might find a "lower armor", "upper armor" or "supplementary armor" packs.

There are 7 different pieces for most armors.

Head, belt, and wrists come with supplementary.

Boots and legs come from lower.

Chest and gloves come from upper.

So when you are searching the GTN for some armor, do some comparison shopping between the combo packs and the individual pieces that come in those packs.

And as mentioned, don't get overly picky about colors. Maybe what you are looking for already matches one color and just needs a primary or secondary dye module to complete the look, or maybe you need a two-color module to get what you want, but it can all be mixed and matched in the preview window.

Find the chest you want, preview it.

Find the legs you want and preview them.

Maybe add the head, boots, and gloves and preview those.

Now start going through the dye modules (you can organize them by name for more effective filtering) and see what they all do to the gear you chose.

If you have access to the security key and/or collector's edition vendors then you can walk around with the preview window open and check out what their dye modules will look like on your character as well.

Also if you are high on Cartel Coins but low on Credits to buy the armor you really want you can buy items from the Cartel Market and sell them on the GTN for credits to buy what you want. Keep in mind the items from the Cartel Market temp bind to you for 36 hours before you can sell on the GTN (stupid IMO but it is what it is)