Dye Mod Slots

Buellzebubba

I've got some colored crystals for my guns, which add some bonus. They don't go into the dye slots of the other gear though. Where can I get dye? And does it add any bonuses to the other gear? Thanks.

Some dyes are sold by vendors. Some dyes are sold in the Cartel Market, sometimes part of the packs, including the current WIld Space Explorer's Pack. And you can find dyes with the mounts from community cantina codes, e.g. listed in the http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=823030 thread.

Dyes do not add any bonus. They only change the color of the gear. If you place a dye in the chest piece and unify color, all pieces of gear will be affected by that color change.

Dyes can only be used once. If you try to remove them from your gear, the dye will be destroyed.

Sorry no, dyes just change the color of your gear, depending on the gear slot as to what portions of the gear changes to that color. You can craft dyes, get them with cartel coins or on the GTN. Preview the dye first to see if you even like how it looks. Crystals go into weapons and give you a bonus to your stat, depends on what type of crystal. And you can get a crystal either by crafting, cartel coins or GTN. It also changes the color of your weapon charge when you use it (you can't see it's color when you aren't using the weapon)