45 New Servers?

Jowy

Hey guys,

Been watching the server status page just for funsies throughout the day. Just refreshed the page and it looks like 45 new servers were just added to the list. They are all currently offline. I'm positive that these are new servers, not old ones that just happened to go offline at the same time. Some of the names are known though, from beta. Could this be a sign that they're expecting to let in a considerable amount of players tomorrow, or just combating the fact that some realms are starting to get cramped? Or it could just be an error, of course.

EDIT: An official reply by David Bass (thanks bro!) on page 6.

Edited by Jowy

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You need a new hobby ;)

Caught a terrible flu yesterday, haven't been able to do pretty much anything at all :'( So here I am, refreshing some news and forum sites, and the server page, in between movies. Anyway, I have a great new hobby in mind.. You might have heard of it. It's called TOR :p

Cramped??? I have not seen them hardly above standard for days!! Yes, they are most likely preparing for the extra people tomorrow and into the 20th like they said they would be, but its not due to servers being busy. Aside form EU, they have been empty. This is why I "understand" why everyone is upset. I could really support how this all went down if they were full, but watching this page is almost as annoying as all the whine posts. I didn't expect to get in until 18th-19th originally being an 11-29, and this is earlier then expected as it is, but I sure can understand why people are upset at the same time.

I wouldn't necessarily see it as a sign that they're going to completely open the flood gates tomorrow. After all, it's entirely possible they just think the current servers are at a comfortable population level and don't want tomorrow's waves to crowd the existing ones.

I'm still saying the odds are high on there being two more days of staggered Early Access.

At first I thought maybe 45 or more servers were crashing... But was looking for all the emails..my server crashed.

Looks good. But my guild is already on a active server...hence were i'll go. Tomorrow hopefully :)

LOL don't feel bad I was actually about to come start a thread going OMGZ WHAT HAPPENED TO THE SERVERS

but was overjoyed when I realized they were new servers...

I see a huge push coming tomorrow

Cramped??? I have not seen them hardly above standard for days!! Yes, they are most likely preparing for the extra people tomorrow and into the 20th like they said they would be, but its not due to servers being busy. Aside form EU, they have been empty. This is why I "understand" why everyone is upset. I could really support how this all went down if they were full, but watching this page is almost as annoying as all the whine posts. I didn't expect to get in until 18th-19th originally being an 11-29, and this is earlier then expected as it is, but I sure can understand why people are upset at the same time.

I agree that they were empty for pretty much the entire last two days, but tonight after all the waves got in, the servers have gotten considerably more cramped. There are atm in EU 4 full servers and 2 very heavy, with only 1 light. There definately needs to be more EU servers even if no more people were let in. I think we can assume that they want the population to spread as evenly as possible, so the higher amount of "standard" servers we have the better. The situation in US seems a bit better atm, no full servers and only one light. Of course the peak hours for US might still be coming later on tonight, while EU's has probably just passed it's peak.

Edited by Jowy