Healer/Force Lightning Hybrid

ShupFace

Word of warning-- I'm a valor 40 sorc in half champ (weap/offhand/helm/legs) half cent (ther other armor pieces) gear, not close to an expert in pvp

Depends on what you want out of it. For medal purposes this'd be a nice way to be easier to snag those 75k damage/killing blow types.

As far as how much more useful overall in a warzone you'd be compared to a pure healer? Not sure. In something like Huttball that's highly mobile and usually aren't getting big clumps of people to AOE heal I could see value. If nothing else the spammability of force lightning to slow down a ballcarrier to buy time for the 'pure dps' classes to catch up.

In something like Voidstar however where there's a big glut of people usually clustered in fairly close proximity I'd say having the AOE heal outweighs the extra damage you may be able to bring to the party.

I also wonder if for PVP where resource sustainbility isn't as much a concern it might be worthwhile to drop force surge for deathfield and wrath if you genuinely want to offer added dps to the party, relying on force lightning for your replenish. You don't lose any healing oomph or utility for dropping those two points (though out of force can be a problem) while the dps boost from those two points could be quite significant (death field-->force-Lightning-->wrath proc'd Mind Crush would be a nice little burst for a healer).

Without other the other mid-tier madness benefits (death field/wrath/haunted dreams) I'm not sure force lightning-spammability alone is going to be a big enough help.

And if you think being the healer gets you a bullseye wait until they see alternating healing/purple lightning streams coming from you-- that should make most of the other team start gunnin' for yah.

Edited by paul_preib

Playing (in pvp) as corruption/madness hybrid myself with this 21/2/18 build:

Obviously you loose out on aoe heals, wich imo is quite useless in most pvp games if you look beyond the healing done meters and look at the actual usefulness of your healing in pvp situations against skilled teams.

But it works very well since you can switch between healing and damage according to what the current situation demands and do it with almost the same efficiency as a full spec in each tree, wich gives you a lot better overall performance if utilised correctly. I won't go into detail about why I feel this way unless you want me to. And no, you won't run into force issues if played right :p

I have nearly the same spec (only took death field and wrath, so don't have force surge)

All in all it's quite felxible ... you still do quite some damage ... at least 100k should be possible in many warzones and can heal a lot.

Force is the only big issue ... you can if you have a good tank even handle most hard mode fp's but for them force surge is much better and easier to keep your force bar in a healthy state during longer times.

I am getting tired of saying the same thing over and over:

-If you want to PvE heal you need pure spec 31/7/2. End of story.

-If you want to PvP hybrid away, there are some kick *** hybrids out there that will give you high medal count.

You can not show up to a hard or night mare mode ops as a hybrid heals, you will be literally useless. And you end up wasting people's time.

@Maxtorym

No, if you are a healer you should not be attacking anything.. except for the odd ball affliction when rotation allows or a W.Wind if needed before a pull..

Edited by NyQuilFast