Really need to fix this crap Bioware

nephe

So the last 2 days I've done about 10 hours of wz's, every republic team I've gone against, 11 people on their team. There are a few things that can kill a game, and a bug like this is a major one. Not saying it will but come on this **** shouldn't have gotten out of Alpha let alone still going a few months after release when you're supposedly putting so much time into fixing bugs and issues.

http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm?loadfeature=3717&page=1&bhcp=

Stomping your feet and flailing your arms will result in nothing....

read this, as you seem to have no idea the process behind bug fixing..

When you go to Mc Donalds, do you care how they prepare your burger? Do you want an article explaining how they toast the bun at an exact temperature, purify the seltzer water and the soda syrup, etc - or do you just want to eat?

Similarly, why should MMO customers care at all about how hard a bug is to fix? The answer is, by and large - we don't, we just want the game we're paying for to work.

When you go to Mc Donalds, do you care how they prepare your burger? Do you want an article explaining how they toast the bun at an exact temperature, purify the seltzer water and the soda syrup, etc - or do you just want to eat?

Similarly, why should MMO customers care at all about how hard a bug is to fix? The answer is, by and large - we don't, we just want the game we're paying for to work.

Comeback quote of the year!

/clap

Children and their Instant Gratification these days....

If only they had to work for something they wanted... instead they stamp there feet, flail their arms and demand things...

I WANTS IT AND I WANTS IT NOW!!!!!

doesnt work like that in real-life bub

Oh my god I love you.

If only they had to work for something they wanted... instead they stamp there feet, flail their arms and demand things...

Right, because this thing called money, which people work hard for so that they can buy things they enjoy and EXPECT to work properly, is in reality, worthless.

So paying for something and having it not work properly is an acceptable outcome.

Wait, what *********** world do you live on?

How on Earth are we supposed to work for bug fixes? :confused:

You don't have to care. Really your feelings on the subject are irrelevant.

Bugs are the reality of MMO's. No MMO wants to see subscriptions go and you can bet your paycheck on it that they are trying to fix it, because its their paycheck if they dont.

However enlightening the populace about the reality of fixing bugs can never hurt, the fact that your too impatient or do not care to read an article that may result in a better understanding of things just makes you willfully ignorant.

To put it another way, if you've been a gamer for as long as I have or anything over a few years you should expect this by now.

When you go to Mcdonalds you expect your cheese burger to be tasty and delicious because 99% of the time it is.

When you play an MMO especially at launch you should expect for it to be a bug ridden mess. It sounds bad but its just the reaity

I did expect that because I was there for WoW when it launched, compared to that SWTOR is smooth? Why am I able to play the same bug ridden mess you are able to and not crying my eyes out on the forums? Because I've been educated through personal experience on the subject matter and now I know that with patience my game will be cleared up.

So thank you to the person posting that article it was a good read, and enlightening info is always welcome in my book.

This might be an interesting read none the less, but what the other user has provided in his mcdonalds analogy is completely true. They could tell us so many things why something works and why something doesnt work that our minds would explode from the sheer info.

Instead we calm ourselves and say I dont care how it works as long as it works with as little problems as possible most preferably none at all.

They could explain to us a certain code is giving em problems and we wouldn't understand, even if we did, we still say thats no excuse get your **** together or at least be honest and show some balls and say sry guys we ****ed up, well try to solve this problem we probably never ever will but just so you know. At least then we can go ok we know whats going on, it sucks ok, but at least we know.

Feedback is necassary and while complaints are negative in nature they are feedback regardless and feedback can only be done correctly when its coming from both sides.

That's why I absolutely love the Q&A sections because it's one of those rare moments when we can share each other feedback.

Bugs are the reality of MMO's. No MMO wants to see subscriptions go and you can bet your paycheck on it that they are trying to fix it, because its their paycheck if they dont.

However enlightening the populace about the reality of fixing bugs can never hurt, the fact that your too impatient or do not care to read an article that may result in a better understanding of things just makes you willfully ignorant.

To put it another way, if you've been a gamer for as long as I have or anything over a few years you should expect this by now.

When you go to Mcdonalds you expect your cheese burger to be tasty and delicious because 99% of the time it is.

When you play an MMO especially at launch you should expect for it to be a bug ridden mess. It sounds bad but its just the reaity

I did expect that because I was there for WoW when it launched, compared to that SWTOR is smooth? Why am I able to play the same bug ridden mess you are able to and not crying my eyes out on the forums? Because I've been educated through personal experience on the subject matter and now I know that with patience my game will be cleared up.

So thank you to the person posting that article it was a good read, and enlightening info is always welcome in my book.

No sir, you cannot debunk the epicness of that comeback

No sir, you cannot debunk the epicness of that comeback

I am really not trying to debunk anything.

I am just saying information is always a good thing.

If he chooses to cancel his sub because his metaphorical hamburger isn't perfect then thats fine.

Odds are, he'll be back, as soon as the game clears up most of the " I am unsubbing this game is garbage " people come back.

Ever had a questionable meal at McDonalds? Was it your last one there?

Not for me it wasn't mmmmmmmm McDonalds....

When WoW launched they gave free time to make up for their messed up game. People were given weeks of double exp as well as free weeks to play.

BW should learn from WoW and give us something to make up for their messed up game. We are paying for a working game so if they can't provide what we paid for they need to make up for it in some way.

I'd like to actually challenge if this should count as a bug. Look at some of the issues relating to warzone support:

• group consistency
  • correct number of participants
  • winning conditions for drawn matches
  • winning counting for quests
  • the ability to single click leave a match with no penalty
  • unable to queue as more than standard group size
  • insta kick on connection loss

Extra people in a warzone isn't a bug, it is one of many badly done things in a poorly designed and implemented system.

Edited by Roak

One thing you forgot: if everyone just keeps silence - they will fix it years. Nothing gets done until people scream about problem. How much amount of screaming affects fixing speed is another question, but coming from opers nerf - much enough.

Edited by DGolubets

You go and buy a Tv, back at home it wont switch to chanel 4 ?!?

So you call the customer support (in our case there's no responce) and the guy tell you that the chanel 4 is broken right now and they try to fix it...

You like the tv show on the chanel 4, too bad cause its not fixed yet :(

Brand new Tv and not working properly...

They had 5 ****in years to FIX all these Majors issues.

Anyone who try to defend Biofail is blinded by the epic failure of this Star War game...

Who cares How or who's gonna fix this **** !

if only it was a free beta test...

When WoW launched they gave free time to make up for their messed up game. People were given weeks of double exp as well as free weeks to play.

BW should learn from WoW and give us something to make up for their messed up game. We are paying for a working game so if they can't provide what we paid for they need to make up for it in some way.

I agree, I am just unsure what should be given.

If you were there for wow. you know the game was literally unplayable, thats why they gave free game time.

there are a few major bugs, and a ton of minor ones but I dont think any of them make the game unplayable for any extended period of time...

So what can bioware give us? I dunno lol, I doubt it would be free game time to make up for lost game time because honestly I havn't stopped playing.

lol do they pay you for that?

customers expect to buy finished product with some minor bugs and required polishing... but SWtor is not even finished...its not even beta.... whole forum complains... so... if you wanna buy game written by coffe makers in BW or their interns feel free....^^ I prefer games made by professional programmers.

It DOES work like that in real life Princess. I work for Disney and my job is to get people to happily spend every penny they have as well as every penny they don't have. We provide a service that people are paying for. If something breaks, we sure as hell fix it and offer compensation because we screwed up. People complain all the time and more often than not, it's legitimate.

Now, you yourself can choose to mistakenly tell people here that they have no right to complain about a service they are paying for that is broken. It only reflects poorly on you and your understanding of how the outside world works. Some small time forum jockey using the kids insult "instant gratification", won't change a damn thing about the facts. It's broken. When your product is broken, you fix it or you don't leave it up and exploitable until you figure out how. Feel free to argue that point but I'm sure by now most already have you on forum ignore IE: You no longer exist.

It DOES work like that in real life Princess. I work for Disney and my job is to get people to happily spend every penny they have as well as every penny they don't have. We provide a service that people are paying for. If something breaks, we sure as hell fix it and offer compensation because we screwed up. People complain all the time and more often than not, it's legitimate.

Now, you yourself can choose to mistakenly tell people here that they have no right to complain about a service they are paying for that is broken. It only reflects poorly on you and your understanding of how the outside world works. Some small time forum jockey using the kids insult "instant gratification", won't change a damn thing about the facts. It's broken. When your product is broken, you fix it or you don't leave it up and exploitable until you figure out how. Feel free to argue that point but I'm sure by now most already have you on forum ignore IE: You no longer exist.

Wait, you can forum ignore?!

Good post, though.

/Golf clap

lol do they pay you for that?

customers expect to buy finished product with some minor bugs and required polishing... but SWtor is not even finished...its not even beta.... whole forum complains... so... if you wanna buy game written by coffe makers in BW or their interns feel free....^^ I prefer games made by professional programmers.

Not to spoil your fun or anything but the wow forums both EU and US are littered every single day with complaints as well and they didn't get any less with each expansion. And considering wow is pretty much the role model and the amount of subs is what alot of mmos have tried to get in the past, swtor is doing extremely well so far with its 1.5 million.

Not sure how many aion, rift or whatever managed to get in its first 2 months but I doubt its over a million. Most people don't have the slighest to clue what coding or programming entails so basicly calling them unprofessional just because the way things are atm now aren't ideal is stupid. If you truly care, then come up with constructive feedback that they can use, instead of making the god knows how many same complain thread over and over again.

Seriously go make a guide or something like some users here do or just have a friendly chat in some of the other forum threads, these complain threads are getting more rediculous by the day, no matter how bloody valid or understandable it is, it won't help the devs and it most certainly won't help others that play this game. And no I'm not a BW worker, that joke is done and done. Have a good bloody day.

Except we as a customer in your example say disney, can ring up their customer service or what not get in touch with the right people and ask for a refund because their service didnt meet our needs. Which makes me wonder if some people don't actually make abuse of that, but that's a different matter. Here we do we call? There are no ingame GMs like in wow to help us with major problems. We could tell customer service were displeased but would we get a refund? Doubt it, unless you know your way with words and know how to talk so to speak. Ultimately theres a few options left to us.

Quit the game and never come back. Quit the game and return when it gets better.

Keep on playing, regardless of you having alot of fun or not, you make the best of it.

Or wait till the game goes free. This game is barely out and with its rich IP it wont be going free to play anytime. Having played wow ever since vanila, with a break in tbc and wotlk makes me wonder isnt it about they go free to play? They better do after mist of pandaria is out for a while.

I have read a while ago that aion and DC online went free to play which is great news if you enjoyed those but didnt feel that a monthly sub was worth it. If you can tell us how to always get a refund then Ill praise you as our new lord.

Which reminds me you can only get a refund in money back, time spend on the game even if it wasnt all that enjoyable is still lost time

Edited by Spero-Mcgee