Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why a 1.0 Player is Finally Leaving.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Why a 1.0 Player is Finally Leaving.

Kai-Del_Serromis's Avatar


Kai-Del_Serromis
07.17.2019 , 09:57 PM | #21
OP here...

A common question asked of my post, for clarification purposes, is why I am "Coming to this conclusion now" or what the problem is with the content in the game now. The answer to me is rather simple if a bit long winded:
I have long known the issues the game faces, but I always had one reason or another to keep me here; when I got bored of one thing I went and found something else to keep me busy. For instance, when I felt I had my fill of Warzones I went and learned Starfighter. Also... I mean... lightsabers. Yet when you have been doing that for 7 years, EVERYTHING gets old... and then they release the pitiful Dantooine and Ossus. I fully understand that they are just filler to keep us occupied until something meatier comes along, but I have endured nothing BUT filler since 4.0; I try to block out KOTFE and KOTET... Perhaps 6.0 will be the start of something better? I can only hope. But I will not be returning this year as I have 37 Classes and Jobs to level up on one character in FFXIV.

[EDIT] I would also like to add that this post is a personalized reason for leaving. I understand that people might be enjoying SWTOR right now, but one only needs to look at what remains of the very depleted server population to know that I am far from the only one that feels the way I do. Case in point: It took the devs of SWTOR how long to finish GotM? Two-three years? ESO, alone, releases 2-3 new raid and flashpoint equivalents EVERY year. The same can be said of FFXIV.
Zijaa Morn, Loremaster of the Jedi Arcaneum
The Jedi Way is to Serve

QuinlanSaathis's Avatar


QuinlanSaathis
07.17.2019 , 10:39 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Kai-Del_Serromis View Post
OP here...

A common question asked of my post, for clarification purposes, is why I am "Coming to this conclusion now" or what the problem is with the content in the game now. The answer to me is rather simple if a bit long winded:
I have long known the issues the game faces, but I always had one reason or another to keep me here; when I got bored of one thing I went and found something else to keep me busy. For instance, when I felt I had my fill of Warzones I went and learned Starfighter. Also... I mean... lightsabers. Yet when you have been doing that for 7 years, EVERYTHING gets old... and then they release the pitiful Dantooine and Ossus. I fully understand that they are just filler to keep us occupied until something meatier comes along, but I have endured nothing BUT filler since 4.0; I try to block out KOTFE and KOTET... Perhaps 6.0 will be the start of something better? I can only hope. But I will not be returning this year as I have 37 Classes and Jobs to level up on one character in FFXIV.

[EDIT] I would also like to add that this post is a personalized reason for leaving. I understand that people might be enjoying SWTOR right now, but one only needs to look at what remains of the very depleted server population to know that I am far from the only one that feels the way I do. Case in point: It took the devs of SWTOR how long to finish GotM? Two-three years? ESO, alone, releases 2-3 new raid and flashpoint equivalents EVERY year. The same can be said of FFXIV.
Just because you didn't like KOTFE and KOTET that does not invalidate it as content.
You don't like it, hey that is your bag no judgement here as you gotta do you.

But it is content, it is a ****ton of content. I for one greatly enjoyed it.

You really can't remove the biggest content drop of the period and then complain about no content.
I stopped reading after that.

MikeCobalt's Avatar


MikeCobalt
07.17.2019 , 11:03 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Kai-Del_Serromis View Post
OP here...

A common question asked of my post, for clarification purposes, is why I am "Coming to this conclusion now" or what the problem is with the content in the game now. The answer to me is rather simple if a bit long winded:
I have long known the issues the game faces, but I always had one reason or another to keep me here; when I got bored of one thing I went and found something else to keep me busy. For instance, when I felt I had my fill of Warzones I went and learned Starfighter. Also... I mean... lightsabers. Yet when you have been doing that for 7 years, EVERYTHING gets old... and then they release the pitiful Dantooine and Ossus. I fully understand that they are just filler to keep us occupied until something meatier comes along, but I have endured nothing BUT filler since 4.0; I try to block out KOTFE and KOTET... Perhaps 6.0 will be the start of something better? I can only hope. But I will not be returning this year as I have 37 Classes and Jobs to level up on one character in FFXIV.

[EDIT] I would also like to add that this post is a personalized reason for leaving. I understand that people might be enjoying SWTOR right now, but one only needs to look at what remains of the very depleted server population to know that I am far from the only one that feels the way I do. Case in point: It took the devs of SWTOR how long to finish GotM? Two-three years? ESO, alone, releases 2-3 new raid and flashpoint equivalents EVERY year. The same can be said of FFXIV.
I do Share alot of your sentiment here. The Zakuul story was way out in Left field for SWTOR and the Content Droughts were very long (Funny it was an Influencer that brought that term up to begin with ). 2-3 Years for the GOTM, Dantooine's size, Umbarra, Copero only as Flashpoint size Those spanned how long?? and comparing that other games level of content additions it is very telling. I actually Blame E.A. mostly for this in their Throttling SWTOR down to this level and building their own clone to everybody else's game (Again, copying). SWTOR got what all the other EA games didn't want. I have high hopes for Onslaught that it is enjoyable and gives *Hope in the right direction, minimal bugs considering Faction Traitors, Initial Comps reactions to treason and other code heavy changes. We'll see

aerockyul's Avatar


aerockyul
07.17.2019 , 11:30 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by QuinlanSaathis View Post
I am not saying you are wrong
But I am very skeptical without proof.
Holy hell that took a long time to find. I KNEW I remembered this coming up but it was a ***** to find

Quote:
People who play SWTOR for a year or more are a small minority of the player base, former players who return for a few months when there is new content and totally new players that play for a few months are the vast majority

from Bad Feeling Podcast Episode 205 (devs involved: David Demaree, Bret Hoffman, Eric Musco)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=953287

Trixxie's post #9 has a note section in lieu of a full transcript (which I can't find and I don't want to listen to a 90 minute podcast) and this quote is towards the bottom.

I was remembering the same thing ZionHalcyon was but I was wrong about the dev tracker since there wasn't a gold post about it, just what was said in that podcast.

Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
I remember that, too. I believe Eric admitted it in a gold post a while ago. Not only do they know that the game gets gobbled up by quick-to-unsub locusts, but a lot of their planning for future content is catered to those people almost directly in opposition to the people who stick around between content releases.
Keeya, Lill'ya, Ainyalah, Vaisis, Euphemia Rose, Selauna, Wrathiva, Maulyah Kahntara, Kaytee'roxx
Kharaava, Jaista, Katie Bee, Altheeka Eko'va, Misphire, Dani Clarke
Portrait Gallery ReferralsProud Ashara...ite? Asharan? Team Ashara!

QuinlanSaathis's Avatar


QuinlanSaathis
07.17.2019 , 11:42 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
Holy hell that took a long time to find. I KNEW I remembered this coming up but it was a ***** to find

Quote:
People who play SWTOR for a year or more are a small minority of the player base, former players who return for a few months when there is new content and totally new players that play for a few months are the vast majority

from Bad Feeling Podcast Episode 205 (devs involved: David Demaree, Bret Hoffman, Eric Musco)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=953287

Trixxie's post #9 has a note section in lieu of a full transcript (which I can't find and I don't want to listen to a 90 minute podcast) and this quote is towards the bottom.

I was remembering the same thing ZionHalcyon was but I was wrong about the dev tracker since there wasn't a gold post about it, just what was said in that podcast.
Still skeptical
I would need to hear and recognize the voice saying it or see it published officially.
But
I accept it is "probably" true

Celise's Avatar


Celise
07.18.2019 , 12:34 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Kai-Del_Serromis View Post
When cancelling my subscription a moment ago, I decided to put more than a simple, one word answer into the full description portion of my reasons. This post isn't meant to be whiny, nor is it meant to be a "Doomsday for SWTOR" message; I suppose this is just a roundabout way of saying I to SWTOR, "I love you, and I want to love you more, but you're making it too hard". And no, none of you can have my stuff; I already gave it all away.

I know this cancel subscription message is going to get lost in the masses, but I am going to put down my full reason in here just in case someone with some sort of influence actually sees this.

The reason I am leaving for FFXIV is certainly because all of my friends have moved to it, but it's also for a much larger reason. Put simply: This game is so far behind in content creation compared to other games. When MMOs like ESO and FFXIV release expansions like Elsweyr and Shadowbringers, respectively, how am I to stick with swtor when all it has released in the past year of any substance are two planets that are as small, if not smaller, than CZ?

I love swtor, I will ALWAYS love swtor; but it is now too far behind the content curve compared to other games. I desperately want to see this game's studio given the resources and manpower it needs to make this game great again, but I can't wait around bored out of my mind until that happens.

So do you want to know what the game needs more of? Crafting, Flashpoints, Live Events, Open World PVP Areas, Operations, Story Quests, and Warzones. It needs more of everything if it is to survive against game studios like Zenimax and Square who learn from their own mistakes. Farewell, and may the Force be with you.
In other words another whiny complaint. If you want to leave you can, nothing stopping you. You have no obligation to make an "i quit thread" about it. But on the same token you can return whenever you feel like. Stay or leave? your choice.

Rolodome's Avatar


Rolodome
07.18.2019 , 01:17 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Celise View Post
In other words another whiny complaint. If you want to leave you can, nothing stopping you. You have no obligation to make an "i quit thread" about it. But on the same token you can return whenever you feel like. Stay or leave? your choice.
Nothing about what they said was whiny. They're just sharing their reasons for leaving. I've never understood why people take it on themselves to insult those who are sharing that they are departing.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

XxHazenxX's Avatar


XxHazenxX
07.18.2019 , 01:45 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Celise View Post
In other words another whiny complaint. If you want to leave you can, nothing stopping you. You have no obligation to make an "i quit thread" about it. But on the same token you can return whenever you feel like. Stay or leave? your choice.
This... is probably the most pointless post I've ever seen on this forum.
SWG-Flurry
<DFR> Big-N-Buff | Burn'ing Chaos | Big-N-Tough <DFR>
July 10, 2004 - December 15, 2011

Arundo's Avatar


Arundo
07.18.2019 , 03:16 AM | #29
I understand a bit of your reasoning, but that reasoning is the same with most MMO's as some mentioned. Sure other MMO's launched stuff quicker in the past but I have the feeling that SWTOR lately is picking up with more content on a regular base. If you look back at 2017 and 2018 the content has been drying up fast. But 2019 has seen a few new planets and there is an expansion coming. Which is on par with what ESO brings out. Maybe you jumped too soon ?

ESO and FFXIV are both great games I played them both alot but I keep coming back to SWTOR since launch. Maybe its the Star Wars theme but I believe that SWTOR is one of the most complete MMO's out there with many different game aspects which other games dont offer.

Anyway good luck hope to see you back as both ESO and FFXIV even with all the content they provide might become boring once you done that all.

Ahwassa's Avatar


Ahwassa
07.18.2019 , 03:39 AM | #30
I completly understand you OP. Id love tons of content but I also understand why we dont get it.

I wish you fun and luck with the other games - (I left them because they are too grindy and boring for me).
SWTOR is the only whole MMO for me, so Ill probably stay