Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Latest Cartel Market Additions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Latest Cartel Market Additions
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Xo-Lara
07.17.2019 , 06:02 PM | #31
Looks like the quality of the post went up again. Nice. I actually like the holoshield look even though it doesn't fit most of my characters.

Also, thank you for the new decoration bundles. I appreciate the work being done to make old decorations available on the CM. It will help with shortages and the unpredictability of the packs.
If you like my stronghold threads such as this and this, please consider using my referral link. It will reward us both. Or you could post your support for one of my threads.
{Ξ(Θ)!!██████████████████

Damask_Rose
07.17.2019 , 07:33 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by EmperorPallas View Post
The heel part of his post is the only part I agreed with, lol. My many years in the goth scene prove that even IRL high-heeled combat is wholly and entirely possible. So, big fan of doing crazy things in dangerous footwear
That's where the second part of Goreshaga's post come into play.
Quote: Originally Posted by Goreshaga View Post
Unless i can put them on male characters as well, so that they would look as ridiculous as the female characters
Your time in the Goth scene should have given you an appreciation for guys in heels too.

OlBuzzard
07.17.2019 , 08:23 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
That's where the second part of Goreshaga's post come into play. Your time in the Goth scene should have given you an appreciation for guys in heels too.
Aside from DC's version of WW who is wearing wedges ... I'm sorry I just don't see 5" spikes as being viable ..

that's just not right !
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

IoNonSoEVero
07.17.2019 , 08:27 PM | #34
Agreed with that.
Especially on the high heels part, because fighting with high heels... Lol, really not practical.
Unless i can put them on male characters as well, so that they would look as ridiculous as the female characters
Same. I hope they never do that but if they do, I would expect equal opportunity for both genders to mutilate their feet in completely impractical heavy combat footwear.

Rolodome
07.17.2019 , 09:13 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
Same. I hope they never do that but if they do, I would expect equal opportunity for both genders to mutilate their feet in completely impractical heavy combat footwear.
The subtext here always seems to be... "I don't want things that are sexualized in some way," with "impracticality" being given as an excuse.

I mean, the impracticality argument never comes up when we're talking about things like wearing gigantic flimsy robes to take on flamethrowers and blaster fire. But somebody asks for heels (which are impractical to fight in, I'm not arguing that) and suddenly we remember that there are RL rules that must be followed in a space wizards video game. I just wish people would say what they mean instead of hiding behind arguments of convenience. Nothing personal to you, I've just seen this argument trotted out so many times over the years in different games - every time in response to requests for clothing that could be seen as sexualized - and it's a rather tiresome framing.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

QuinlanSaathis
07.17.2019 , 11:28 PM | #36
I like a bit of skin on my characters but I also insist their arse isn't hanging in the breeze (for the most part)

Dancer outfit is a bit too much for me on its own, I would happily use the top or the bottoms as part of another outfit and I frequently do but not as a set.

Rolodome
07.18.2019 , 02:14 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by QuinlanSaathis View Post
I like a bit of skin on my characters but I also insist their arse isn't hanging in the breeze (for the most part)

Dancer outfit is a bit too much for me on its own, I would happily use the top or the bottoms as part of another outfit and I frequently do but not as a set.
I'm more or less the same way, though I think for me, part of it's just that the dancer tops were made to go with the bottoms and nothing else is really made to go with those bottoms, so it feels awkward trying to combine it with other things since almost nothing else is even close to the same style.

Like there are a few pieces here and there that combine well for my tastes, like the Sinister Warrior's belt has the hanging down part that is similar in style to that of the dancer tops, which gives some room to combine with a top of your choice and still maintain the hanging down part style with the bottoms. But most stuff, the tops are so non-skimpy, it just ends up looking like my character forgot to put on pants lol.

Goreshaga
07.18.2019 , 02:44 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Rolodome View Post
The subtext here always seems to be... "I don't want things that are sexualized in some way," with "impracticality" being given as an excuse.

I mean, the impracticality argument never comes up when we're talking about things like wearing gigantic flimsy robes to take on flamethrowers and blaster fire. But somebody asks for heels (which are impractical to fight in, I'm not arguing that) and suddenly we remember that there are RL rules that must be followed in a space wizards video game. I just wish people would say what they mean instead of hiding behind arguments of convenience. Nothing personal to you, I've just seen this argument trotted out so many times over the years in different games - every time in response to requests for clothing that could be seen as sexualized - and it's a rather tiresome framing.
If it makes you feel better, I hate robes, both on male and female characters as well for the exact same reason, it's impractical to fight, capes, hoods and masks too.

But i'm also really tired of seeing female PCs and companions runing around half naked even on snowy planets, that looks seriously ridiculous.
I also don't like when you have a nice set on male that has a different version showing much more skin on female. But it's not only in this game. Monster Hunter has the same problem, male armors look mainly cool, but nearly all the female versions of the same armors show a lot of skin, even on "winter" armor, and clearly there's not much protection with such light armors.

The Ambitious Warrior set is a good example. I'd really use it on my JK, if the female version did not show the belly of the character.
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters

Rolodome
07.18.2019 , 03:52 AM | #39
If it makes you feel better, I hate robes, both on male and female characters as well for the exact same reason, it's impractical to fight, capes, hoods and masks too.

But i'm also really tired of seeing female PCs and companions runing around half naked even on snowy planets, that looks seriously ridiculous.
I also don't like when you have a nice set on male that has a different version showing much more skin on female. But it's not only in this game. Monster Hunter has the same problem, male armors look mainly cool, but nearly all the female versions of the same armors show a lot of skin, even on "winter" armor, and clearly there's not much protection with such light armors.

The Ambitious Warrior set is a good example. I'd really use it on my JK, if the female version did not show the belly of the character.
Fair enough. I'm not personally bothered by how other people dress their characters, but I can sympathize. I do feel you on the inconsistent male/female thing. I think this game is pretty good about it sometimes, but there are places where it's blatantly inconsistent like ambitious warrior. Or one that stands out to me, how xoxaan is basically just rags on male, but is a full shirt on female. Like I get they can't do topless female and can do topless male, but it's pretty drastically different coverage even with that in mind.

Damask_Rose
07.18.2019 , 07:05 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Rolodome View Post
I think the much bigger point is that if one gender is going to get ridiculously impractical sexualized clothing, then the other should have the same opportunity to wear the same ridiculously impractical sexualized clothing. Personally, I don't care how stupid other people's female characters and companions look as long as I have the same opportunity to dress my male characters and companions the same way.

What I would like to see is the high heel aficionados documenting high heels in the Star Wars universe. Don't just ask for them. Show why they belong! It's a vast universe with an impressive variety of clothing from massive, ornate formal wear to barely there dancer band aids. I'd be more in favor of adding high heels if they can be documented. I can't think of any in-universe examples at the moment.