Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game is fubar for over 7+ hours now and no Bioware?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game is fubar for over 7+ hours now and no Bioware?

TrixxieTriss
06.18.2019 , 07:33 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by MorseGod View Post
Wouldn't it be amazing if a game that runs 24/7 had some tech guys working 24/7 to address stuff like this?
Or at least someone on call.

battycoda
06.18.2019 , 07:37 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Or at least someone on call.
They are at work now. Or at least the community manager is. The EA Answers forum or EA Help (whatever it is called) picked this up a couple of hours ago. Apparently, getting info to the team is faster by going there instead of coming here.

My signature was current on Makeb... Airlocked!

Xina_LA
06.18.2019 , 07:42 AM | #13
Good morning, Bioware. Get a big mug of coffee, it's going to be a rough day...
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

UmbralSpirit
06.18.2019 , 07:50 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by MorseGod View Post
Wouldn't it be amazing if a game that runs 24/7 had some tech guys working 24/7 to address stuff like this?
Can't do that when you spend your entire budget on the trainwreck that is Anthem.

kodrac
06.18.2019 , 08:25 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by battycoda View Post
They are at work now. Or at least the community manager is. The EA Answers forum or EA Help (whatever it is called) picked this up a couple of hours ago. Apparently, getting info to the team is faster by going there instead of coming here.
Don't worry. They'll update Twitter shortly.
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
I’d find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.

CaptRogue
06.18.2019 , 08:39 AM | #16
FYI:
American game & company in the Central time zone.
You play an American game, learn to deal with the times they work in.

You wouldn't expect a company in China, or Russia to be open in American times. I don't get the entitlement for this game from some of the out of country players.
Dean (GM) of <The Academy>
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!

Seena
06.18.2019 , 08:40 AM | #17
Wish there was a way to know who subs - and who freeloads, in order to discern who actually is entitled to an opinion on this.

You are paying 14.99 a month (at most -- SOME of us are) - which amounts to what, about TWO CENTS an hour? for unlimited access to a venue that runs 24/7.

If losing a few hours of game time because of the inevitability of bugs/issues in a game that runs -- constantly is upsetting you to the point of vitriol - you need some serious perspective.

Sarova
06.18.2019 , 09:17 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptRogue View Post
FYI:

You wouldn't expect a company in China, or Russia to be open in American times. I don't get the entitlement for this game from some of the out of country players.
It's not entitlement; it's support for access to a product we pay for when it goes wrong during our peak play times. If SWTOR did not want us (the rest of the planet), as customers they would have (should have?) made their game accessible to American customers only.
There are many "country-specific" based companies/organisations that offer support to customers regardless of their country/time zone. It's good business to be able to support your customers wherever they are. SWTOR is one of the few that doesn't. I'm in Britain (Europe) and play other American based games that offer support during peak play time hours during BST/GM; it is not "entitlement" to expect otherwise for something I pay for.
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - Make it Happen || Quinn Treats™
Allow us to Buy Multiples of the same Stronghold
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

Diefenbaker
06.18.2019 , 09:20 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptRogue View Post
FYI:

Blizzard, with all their faults and issues, can do it with WoW.
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition”

"Paranoia is the byproduct of being consistently right."

Seena
06.18.2019 , 09:34 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarova View Post
It's not entitlement; it's support for access to a product we pay for when it goes wrong during our peak play times. If SWTOR did not want us (the rest of the planet), as customers they would have (should have?) made their game accessible to American customers only.
There are many "country-specific" based companies/organisations that offer support to customers regardless of their country/time zone. It's good business to be able to support your customers wherever they are. SWTOR is one of the few that doesn't. I'm in Britain (Europe) and play other American based games that offer support during peak play time hours during BST/GM; it is not "entitlement" to expect otherwise for something I pay for.
So --- how much "on demand" support do you expect for what amounts to half a cent an hour payment?

IF you are actually paying it.

You are free of course, to go to those games offering that awesome customer service -- they are, according to you, the majority - so, you should have lots of options.

Why don't you check out Bethesda-- I bet they would be EXACTLY what you are looking for! ::s*****r::