Let’s Chat – Cartel Market and You: New pack design (Underworld Alliance)

TobyMcCall

It kind of seems like I'm getting a bit less for what I was getting compared to the previous style of packs. I also miss the inclusion of reputation items and a corresponding reputation vendor because it felt I was getting a bit more value beyond what was just in the box. Whether that be a exclusive dye, a statue or a rare armor set etc.

We want reputation tokens again.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Agreed so much with so many here.

Cartel Market certificates are desparately needed as there are no reliable places to get one.

as of this date, which is much later, I have seen Jawa junk added back in.

But the last pack I received, I got

15 green jawa junk (fine)

2 crystals. Both same color, one indestructible and one crit

a blue, low level companion gift.

I certain felt ripped off by this. 2 crystals? No armor pieces from the current update?

There really MUST be an armor item, or mount, something of REAL value.

Armor and mounts have become unbelievably rare and it is causing massive inflation on the gtn.

I don't know how I feel about rep items. I don'[t really miss them because I'm maxxed on almost everything.

And chance cubes... you can get garbage in those too.

I do not like buying packs and getting almost nothing of value, or nothing period. I am another long time (since launch) subscriber and purchaser of additional coins. But it's hard to justify continuing to do so under the current circumstances and I'm begging you Bioware/EA to please consider guaranteeing us one high-value item per pack and bringing back cartel certificates (add another slot.) Not in place of something. Make it a slot that can give you either a certificarte, a chance cube, a pet, or whatever, but they have to come back. It would be easier for you than removing them and re-doing every vendor that uses them.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am far more likely to buy these packs now that they all include cube that has change to give me anything from any pack. I love that i am not just limited to what that exact pack has.

But i certainly would love to buy a pack that has only color crystal or only armor or only mount etc etc. Any idea when they return?

Edited by TheRomanRuler

• 2 months later...
Just from my own opinion, I loved when the old packs made a comeback every now and then. I'd buy a few and take the odds and go from there. That the old packs included Cartel Certificates was even more appealing. I'll likely grab a hypercrate of some new stuff and see what the fuss is with the cubes, but so far I'm not too warm on the idea. I'd rather just have newer stuff from new packs and older stuff from old packs. Unless they did a straight "reprint" pack (like some trading card games do) where the older stuff is in there but you might have a slightly reskinned version or whatever.

• 2 weeks later...

I appreciate that they're bringing out decorations faster, by including more in a pack. However, it has greatly increased the rarity of each particular item. This pack's bronzes cost double what they usually do, with even greater increases for silver and gold items.

If there are going to be more potential items per pack, the number of items dropping from the pack needs to increase, otherwise rarity increases. You also face an increased chance of a whole hypercrate with no golds.

• 7 months later...