Vanguard tank pvp..need help!

necrotura

i have a lvl 23 vanguard with points in the tank tree yet im barely killing anything/doing much damage

my average damage in war zones is 50k-60k i have the guard and neural prod on lock but damage/soloing anything i am dying.. i don't get it?

Well thats because your tank spec'd. I would put all your points you have atm into Assault and you'll see your damage double or even triple.

My spec: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801ZrsZfhrbzGGrs.1

I think tank spec only works when your 50 and with a group of people you know.

Well thats because your tank spec'd. I would put all your points you have atm into Assault and you'll see your damage double or even triple.

ill give it ago!

reading the vanguard forums people seam to think vanguard tank tree works for pvp?

I'm not sure about you, but I've been murdering people in the war zones with my Vanguard. Right now I'm only 27, but I have been consistently topping the top 3 on dps (usually #1, never under 100k dmg on most games). I play very aggressively and a lot of times I purposely throw myself into groups of enemies in order to distract them from our team mates capturing objectives. An example would be most of our team trying to take the right door and I'll keep throwing myself at the left door to bog the people down there. Sometimes I'll sit under their spawn and lob mortars at them and get them to beat on me.

I pretty much switch targets non-stop and I always throw guard on as many people as possible by assisting my targets. My favorite tactic on hutt ball is harpooning people onto the fire + acid pits and cryo nading them. LOL, I've stolen the ball so many times doing this.

The only thing the class is lacking is a reliable snare, but I can't wait until I get Storm which will change the entire nature of the classes PvP. Overall this class is fun and is even more fun when you got actual healers on your team.

Edited by ComeAndSee

This.

At that low of a level, Shield Spec doesn't really shine (once you get to level 30 and can get Storm, that all changes), so I would move over to Tactics or Assault Spec.

Here is what I have found is a good Tactics build for that level: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801ZMsrooZb.1

Then I would grow like this to level 33: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801ZMsrrobckZb.1

For both of these specs, I recommend running Ion Cell. Tossing out Guards and Taunts really help, even in a DPS spec. If you continue with Tactics beyond level 33, you will need to decide A) Do I still want to be able to use Guard, or B) I really like damage dealing more. If the latter is your case, put the next to points into Battlefield Training to get the run speed increase for High-Energy Cell.

The only thing the class is lacking is a reliable snare, but I can't wait until I get Storm which will change the entire nature of the classes PvP. Overall this class is fun and is even more fun when you got actual healers on your team.

We do have a reliable snare if you go Assault Tactics (Plasma Cell slows target by 50% for 2 seconds, Ion Pulse has 100% chance to apply Plasma Cell) and a useful though less-reliable snare if you go Shield Spec (Ion Cell slows target by 50% for 2 seconds, Stormstrike has 100% chance to proc Ion Cell).

I'm not sure about you, but I've been murdering people in the war zones with my Vanguard. Right now I'm only 27, but I have been consistently topping the top 3 on dps (usually #1, never under 100k dmg on most games). I play very aggressively and a lot of times I purposely throw myself into groups of enemies in order to distract them from our team mates capturing objectives. An example would be most of our team trying to take the right door and I'll keep throwing myself at the left door to bog the people down there. Sometimes I'll sit under their spawn and lob mortars at them and get them to beat on me.

I pretty much switch targets non-stop and I always throw guard on as many people as possible by assisting my targets. My favorite tactic on hutt ball is harpooning people onto the fire + acid pits and cryo nading them. LOL, I've stolen the ball so many times doing this.

this is what i have been doing, maybe this "great dmg" everyone is talking about is just AoE?

but yea overall i play the say way you do.