My respec costs 36550 credits now

Skaarrj

This is terrible. I have to go back to healing, and back to gunnery (dps) in order to heal some heroics and flashpoints. But when questing as a healer, ITS MISERABLY SLOW.

Make respecs like 10k credits max. I don't understand why you feel the need to charge outrageous sums of credits for a respec.

I mean if you aren't going to have some form of dual spec at launch, make sure that respccing doesn't cost me my genitals.

***EDIT***

My respec now costs 99880 credits (or something around that). I can't buy anything from the GTN, I can't do what I want to do with my cash beacause of these ridiculous respec costs. I like doing different things with my single toon. I like this toon, A lot. Why do I have to take the shaft because I like experimenting?

I see there's a 1 free respec a week, and then it goes up. This is simply not enough.

Let your players have the freedom of exploration without the moneysink. There's already PLENTY of money sinks in this game to suit biowares intended goals/purposes. But players like me, who like to try out different specs, experiment, and just test different things out.....we have next to 0 cash. All the time. It's a pain in the neck.

There are MMO's that allow you to have multiple specs to help facilitate the need to experiment, WITHOUT charging you an arm and a leg. Until features like these are employed, I will never be able to purchase the level 2, and 3 Mount training because respecs take all my cash away.

Edited by Skaarrj

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the previous thread has exceeded our normal threshold for thread length, we've started this new thread for the community to discuss this topic.

As always, we ask that the community keep the following things on mind when responding:

2. No insults, name calling, or personal attacks

3. Please stay on topic.

4. Please express your opinion and thoughts in a constructive, respectful manner.

5. If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please flag it instead of replying to it.

6. Keep in mind that everyone has different viewpoints. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're trolling. If you believe someone is trolling, please use the Flag function to report their post.

Thank you and enjoy the discussion!

Hey,

Been a while since I posted, as you can imagine, we're a bit busy right now.

However, we're still actively monitoring the forums and venues of player feedback, collecting information helpful to prioritize the feature development, issues, etc.

On the topic of skill respecs, we are aware that it is a popular request to have more versatility in how and when to respec (which includes questions of cost) and we've already decided to pursue the idea of more readily available respecs for players. Pricing changes are also very much under consideration.

Just so you understand my position on the topic: I don't think skill respec should be rare or handled very restrictively. I'm actually all for players experimenting with different skill sets once they have a good grip of their character.

I don't want people to respec in the middle of combat or in between defeats in a Warzone or Operation, but other than that, I think respec is a positive thing for the game. If we find that the current pricing is too prohibitive for somewhat experienced players, we'll make adjustments.

regards

-- Georg

Edited by Meluna

Dual spec, like LFG/LFD, needs to be in this game. I don't care what the WoW haters say. It is some of the best tools to ever come to MMOs.

And before the LFG haters pull me apart. I don't think it should be like WoW. Just intra-server would be fine.

Just give us anything better than the turd we have now.

Because BH and Smuggler are the same class...

I have friends leveling as healing mercs and operatives.

Both of them are leveling just as fast as my dps merc, and they solo elites better than i do with a healing companion.

Healing is a VERY viable way to level. Whether you want to or not is another matter.

I really don't want this feature. All classes are equally viable to level with. If you want to be a healer, level a healer. Nobody forces you to respec to heal one raid then dps a flashpoint. You choose to do that. It comes at a cost.

except now you end up with 1928581391293 groups looking for a healer for the same instance.

I have friends leveling as healing mercs and operatives.

Both of them are leveling just as fast as my dps merc, and they solo elites better than i do with a healing companion.

Healing is a VERY viable way to level. Whether you want to or not is another matter.

It is viable. Just like driving at 5 mph will also eventually get you across country.

Just baffling that they did this given that healing in PvE is not a viable leveling spec, yet in warfronts / pvp it's always healers in short supply

Yes it is... I've outleveled most of the content, and I'm a healer. It's incredibly easy to solo the quests as a healer. Just remember to heal yourself if your losing health! ;)

What part of keeping up with my dps merc in level wasn't clear?

They are leveling just as fast as people dps speced.

maybe you are just a bad player, I used to be a healer and i can tell you level MUCH faster if you switch to dps.

Edited by Cheezecake

except now you end up with 1928581391293 groups looking for a healer for the same instance.

I would rather take a healer who has learned there character in and out and knows how to heal appropriately, than get someone that is healing simply because their character supports it.

For example, in that other MMO, I had a heroic where we needed a healer. Eventually a shaman comes in. He told us to hang on while he respeced. We never finished that heroic. He thought putting down his healing totem was how shamans healed.

Another example were priests shielding warriors (negated damage which in turn meant warriors couldn't build rage and therefore threat appropriately)

I would rather take a healer who has learned there character in and out and knows how to heal appropriately, than get someone that is healing simply because their character supports it.

For example, in that other MMO, I had a heroic where we needed a healer. Eventually a shaman comes in. He told us to hang on while he respeced. We never finished that heroic. He thought putting down his healing totem was how shamans healed.

Another example were priests shielding warriors (negated damage which in turn meant warriors couldn't build rage and therefore threat appropriately)

Your acting like its hard to pick up a healing class or any class for that matter and learn to play it lol.

albeit this may sound stupid but I'm still looking for the place/char to respec my tree.... not just to be willy nilly doing it i made a decision too late.... so where is this mysetry spec toon?

If you're Imperial, you can find this NPC in the northern most room of the Combat Training quarter of the Fleet.

As for the topic-- Tho I am not a huge respec person myself, I'm of the opinion that an endless multiplying cost to respecing is ludicrous. No cap? Really? Why even bother having the option if 4 or 5 experiments later you're completely broke and the bill is reaching tens of thousands of credits. Bad, bad, BAD idea. Lazy infact. I know theres a lot on Biowares plate, but, honestly... wow.