Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Strongholds for Tython and Korriban

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
Strongholds for Tython and Korriban

Arkilius's Avatar


Arkilius
08.05.2018 , 06:42 PM | #21
I really wish we got some strongholds such as on Tython and Korriban. As a player who left around late 2015 to only see only one more, Manaan, had been added, it was a real disappointment.

CrazyScruffy's Avatar


CrazyScruffy
08.05.2018 , 07:32 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkilius View Post
I really wish we got some strongholds such as on Tython and Korriban. As a player who left around late 2015 to only see only one more, Manaan, had been added, it was a real disappointment.
we also got a train, and now a rishi sh on Tuesday. which is large enough to be almost two distinct SHs.

turbomagnus's Avatar


turbomagnus
08.07.2018 , 12:34 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyScruffy View Post
we also got a train, and now a rishi sh on Tuesday. which is large enough to be almost two distinct SHs.
Hm... You've just given me a scathingly brilliant idea...

Supoiter's Avatar


Supoiter
08.29.2018 , 09:31 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by AceMasterSoul View Post
I Think a Stronghold on Hutta would be fun. I am super bias though. I've played through the bounty Hunter story on Hutta dozens of times and it still hasn't gotten old.
Yes, if Strongholds are added in Tython and Korriban, they should also be added in Hutta and Ord Mantell, and the 4 Strongholds should be 4 different structures, they should not be like Coruscant and Dormur Kraas that only change the environment, in the Stronghold ofTython, Korriban , Ord Mantell and Hutta, each one must have a different structure separately, should not do that to use the same structure in a different environment, in fact they should not have done it in Coruscant and Dormur Kaas.

Xina_LA's Avatar


Xina_LA
08.29.2018 , 12:20 PM | #25
As long as they fix the numerous and serious bugs in the existing strongholds first, I'm happy for new ones.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

Supoiter's Avatar


Supoiter
08.30.2018 , 10:32 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post
As long as they fix the numerous and serious bugs in the existing strongholds first, I'm happy for new ones.
These bugs are few and I can barely notice them, but yes, they should solve them even though they are not very annoying and besides being so slight those bugs would be a very simple task to repair them.

dumbreject's Avatar


dumbreject
08.30.2018 , 02:10 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Supoiter View Post
These bugs are few and I can barely notice them, but yes, they should solve them even though they are not very annoying and besides being so slight those bugs would be a very simple task to repair them.
I just took a look at the pics of the basic layout of both strongholds and the reasoning and logic behind their design, I actually like the concepts. And I would agree that the bugs are not quite that annoying, however doesn't mean that the developers shouldn't neglect them and just do what they need to polish them out. However I'm curious to how you were able to upload the designs, I've some what recently drawn up a basic interior layout for personal flagships to coincide with my previous description on another thread. I would like to post them so others can either approve or even improve the design, and I do apologize for basically bringing that in to a thread didn't have anything to do with this. All I'm asking is for how you able to post them?

Xina_LA's Avatar


Xina_LA
08.30.2018 , 02:46 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Supoiter View Post
These bugs are few and I can barely notice them, but yes, they should solve them even though they are not very annoying and besides being so slight those bugs would be a very simple task to repair them.
If you think there are few bugs, you haven't noticed them. Perhaps I can help --

* Elevator that won't take you to all the rooms in the stronghold (Manaan).
* Decorations that don't work properly, have sound or graphics issues, or can't be placed.
* Hooks that don't show items when placed, don't allow certain types of items to be placed, or don't release items once placed.
* Areas where you can't place a Jukebox or other sound-emitting decoration, because the sound fades completely in and out every few seconds.
* Decorations that don't fit in the listed hook sizes, appear in the wrong GTN categories, etc.
* A stronghold interface Search Box that gets stuck with invisible text. Once you glitch, you have to quit the game (not just relog) to see all of your decorations again.
* Flooring (rug) and Wall hooks that aren't at the proper level, so anything you place is partially fazed into the adjacent surface.
* Decorations that get you Stuck if your character bumps up against them.
* Decorations with duplicate names, so you won't ever see one of them, unless it happens to have a hook that is not in common with the identically named item.
* Hooks placed high up so that you can't see the full layout if you change it from Starship or Centerpiece to a multi-hook configuration.
* Issues with the new PVP areas...

Do you start to get the idea?

If it was a simple task to repair them, I doubt they'd still be here. Some of them have been around for years. Few of them have ever been mentioned by a community rep or dev. They've been reported but... silence.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

Supoiter's Avatar


Supoiter
08.30.2018 , 03:10 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post
If you think there are few bugs, you haven't noticed them. Perhaps I can help --

* Elevator that won't take you to all the rooms in the stronghold (Manaan).
* Decorations that don't work properly, have sound or graphics issues, or can't be placed.
* Hooks that don't show items when placed, don't allow certain types of items to be placed, or don't release items once placed.
* Areas where you can't place a Jukebox or other sound-emitting decoration, because the sound fades completely in and out every few seconds.
* Decorations that don't fit in the listed hook sizes, appear in the wrong GTN categories, etc.
* A stronghold interface Search Box that gets stuck with invisible text. Once you glitch, you have to quit the game (not just relog) to see all of your decorations again.
* Flooring (rug) and Wall hooks that aren't at the proper level, so anything you place is partially fazed into the adjacent surface.
* Decorations that get you Stuck if your character bumps up against them.
* Decorations with duplicate names, so you won't ever see one of them, unless it happens to have a hook that is not in common with the identically named item.
* Hooks placed high up so that you can't see the full layout if you change it from Starship or Centerpiece to a multi-hook configuration.
* Issues with the new PVP areas...

Do you start to get the idea?

If it was a simple task to repair them, I doubt they'd still be here. Some of them have been around for years. Few of them have ever been mentioned by a community rep or dev. They've been reported but... silence.
I have not seen all these bugs that you mention, but yes, they should repair them as soon as they can, in fact I send the create tickes every time I find a bug, so when I find one of those problems I will notify the technical service.

Supoiter's Avatar


Supoiter
08.30.2018 , 03:37 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by dumbreject View Post
I just took a look at the pics of the basic layout of both strongholds and the reasoning and logic behind their design, I actually like the concepts. And I would agree that the bugs are not quite that annoying, however doesn't mean that the developers shouldn't neglect them and just do what they need to polish them out. However I'm curious to how you were able to upload the designs, I've some what recently drawn up a basic interior layout for personal flagships to coincide with my previous description on another thread. I would like to post them so others can either approve or even improve the design, and I do apologize for basically bringing that in to a thread didn't have anything to do with this. All I'm asking is for how you able to post them?
Yes, I also agree that the technical service should take into account even the least annoying bugs.

I give you some sample images of how I have been drawing and publishing these designs, it is one of the ways I have to entertain myself in my free time.

https://image.ibb.co/kGYMf9/Paint.png
https://image.ibb.co/ngVZ09/Gu_a.png
https://image.ibb.co/e8oMf9/Upload.png

Some web pages to publish the images and thus be able to expose them in the subjects publishing the links:

https://imgbb.com/
https://subefotos.com/
https://imgur.com/