Tips for making money?

-Aurok-

OK so it seems like slicing is the only way to go to get credits in this game for what I have gathered. So how does anyone make money who does not have slicing on their character and who maybe does not have plans to level an alt or have enough time to invest in an alt let alone their main.

Typically gathering mats sell for a good deal but that does not seem to be the case right now with the over saturated market. Selling green quality gear doesn't seem to work with the cost of the deposit your almost better off just vendoring it. Should I be hoping for a random world drop on a blue or purple item to sell?

I've heard space missions give decent credits, is this maybe the way to go?

If anyone wants to share any success stories to the general public that would be great, anything besides slicing = win.

OK so it seems like slicing is the only way to go to get credits in this game for what I have gathered. So how does anyone make money who does not have slicing on their character and who maybe does not have plans to level an alt or have enough time to invest in an alt let alone their main.

Typically gathering mats sell for a good deal but that does not seem to be the case right now with the over saturated market. Selling green quality gear doesn't seem to work with the cost of the deposit your almost better off just vendoring it. Should I be hoping for a random world drop on a blue or purple item to sell?

I've heard space missions give decent credits, is this maybe the way to go?

If anyone wants to share any success stories to the general public that would be great, anything besides slicing = win.

Queue for a PvP match. Easy credits *If* the other team isn't loaded with 50s, shoot everyone that moves, die a lot, kill a lot. If the other team is loaded with 50s, find a quiet out of the way corner behind a box and send your companion to craft. You'll still make good credits and you won't be the only one doing it. Don't afk though. Just stay at your monitor and prepared to be bored for a few minutes. At level 20 I already had the 40,000 credits I need for Speeder training. Perhaps if enough people do this, BW will add the much needed brackets to PvP.

Edited by RedEnsign

In four easy steps, you too can make thousands!

Step 1: Kill mobs

Step 2: Take their loot

Step 3: Sell said loot

Step 4: PROFIT!!

Or you could just do quests. I've barely put anything on the market for sale, and I've been doing just fine insofar as money is concerned. I send my companions on missions constantly (underworld trading) and just play the game as normal, and I've never had a problem. Even bought the first two inventory expansions. Quests pay pretty well, IMO.

Granted, I'm not rich, but I get by just fine.

Slicing isn't that great by itself, it's just a good supplement. Straight up questing will give better credits per hour if you look at them individually. The advantage of slicing is that you can do it while you are questing for a bonus.

Even without slicing you can make more money than you really need just doing quests and selling everything you get to venders. It seems a little tight around 25 when you buy your speeder, but just doing a few quests at 26 will get all that money back.

Crafting is a money sink. People aren't going to buy your gear or mats at this stage of the game's life. Don't count on it bringing in money.

Honestly I don't know any other good ways to make credits at the moment. I haven't searched much on information for which crafting materials are profitable.

I know you didn't want to see this, but seriously, slicing can net you some serious credits if you do it right. I am planning on going Biochem/Bioanalysis/Diplomacy but I'm going with Slicing while leveling and then I'll work on Diplomacy later.

You get the lockbox missions which can USUALLY net you a profit, but I've made lots of credits on all the random items that teach missions plus I've got some schematics.

pick all gathering resources, farm the hell out of planets. Sell resources on market.

buy up cheap stuff and resell it

everyone needs health packs

depends on your server also

brand new game, need months for the economy to settle

once higher level raids and stuff go down, they will need to replace stuff (stims, nades, etd)

just farm, do pvp out the butt and send companion out to get resources while pvp'ing.

consumables

heres a good tip, reroll characters :) I made up 5 characters, get about 10-15k each from starting planets with missions, loot, and stuff and transfer it all to your main. Doesnt take long to go through the quests.

pvp= lots of credits and comms. Do it all the time even if u suck. Use a ranged alt and sit back and let it rip. Or go around healing everyone like crazy.

Still a new game, so give it time.

Dont overspend on skills <--- will destroy your bank account. SWTOR is a money sink game, probably add a cash shop later i bet. Seems lie one of those cheap asian games that suck all your in game credits away and want you to buy cash shop items.

I've never taken notice that warzones gives credits I'm almost tempted to level an alt before they decide to nerf slicing but I don't want to fall behind on my main I'm already leveling slow as it is with the holiday week I've had almost zero time to play I was hoping to be 30~35+ but I'm only 20.

The top 3 ways to make money in this game are:

1. Resource gathering, especially Slicing
  2. Sell on the Galactic Trade Network
  3. Stop spending

With number 3 being the most important of all. Do you know how rich people become rich, and stay that way? By NOT spending money unless they absolutely have to. Things I have paid for with credits in SWTOR so far(lvl 32); one medpack, taxi rides, two extra lines of inventory, my speeder, training for the speeder, and training in general. All my gear is loot or bought with commendations, all my mods are quest rewards or bought with commendations, and the same is true for my companions and my ship. I had 85k at the point I bought my speeder, and I'm now at nearly 200k - it's all about how frugal you're willing to be.

If you splash on medpacks and stims, buy equipment or mods with credits either from vendors or the GTN, and also try to raise all three of your craft skills, it's no surprise that you're skint.

the guy who makes swords, usually never makes jack off his craft.

the guy who makes the enchant/gem/enhancement that every warrior has to put in his sword slot at 50, does just fine.

the guy making generic green armor...makes bugger all.

the one selling stacks of ore to the OCD'ers frantically powerlevelling their crafting skills...sends his virtual kids to virtual harvard.

grok it?

oh, and if it's the same thing several thousand other people are making (because it's the easiest skillpoint to level a craft)...just vendor it and save yourself time)

Edited by malaclyps

Here is two approaches to make money. I bought my first speeder, by going to Heroic 2+ area loaded with elites and soloed with a heavy duty companion (I was about 3 levels above the elites). I started with 3K in money and got over 40K, because of the great drops and respawn rate of the elites.

The other is to make 5-9 level 10 alts with companions same side (who spend all day slicing and scavenging and e-mailing the profits to your main). Besides why not have alts that have a different crafting speciality so you can get every gift and raw material, craft available for your main.

I don't buy anything except skill upgrades and I'll run some underworld trading missions and I only have 15k credits at level 20. All I do is quests with very little warzones.

You're level 20. Don't expect to be rich at this level. At level 20 I had approximately 20k, then I started crafting (as we all know that eats your income). By the time I hit 30 I had over 100k. I was able to maintain a healthy crafting schedule, buy a speeder license, increase my inventory size (twice for a total of 25k) buy a few upgrades... and I still had about 30k left. I made back everything I spent in a day. Now I'm making roughly 100k a day.

You want to know what the secret is? There is no secret. I crafting, due research missions, hunt, run nearly every mission I come across (excluding most Flashpoints) and I loot just about every mob I kill. Sell your trash loot and you'll make a bundle. I have not done any pvp, nor have I sold anything on the market. I buy items regularly and occasionally waste money on items that I don't need. And yet I still make about 100k profit a day.

By the time you hit level 30, you'll probably be averaging 40 - 60k a day in credits if you loot and sell everything you kill. If you have a problem with having to constantly loot mobs, turn on the auto-loot options and you won't have to deal with it so much.

P.S. I forgot to mention, my skills are now costing me about 22k each (averaging 2 - 3 per level) and I still finish each day with about 120k in my pocket.

Edited by Cormanth

myself I salvage from droids for my crafting materials - no cost to send companions away on missions and collect and sell all vendor trash. it adds up.

space missions- especially the dailies earn cash and commendations.

pvp - earns cash and commendations- love the dailies here too

with both pvp and space mission commendations I buy the gear boxes from a vendor and sell them even if i can't open the boxes. top level pvp box that's easy to get is level 44 and vendors for 1000 credits. top level space box is level 50 and sells for 1200 credits. seems to be a limit of how many of the pvp boxes you can get of one of each type per day but it adds up. i'm not sure if there's a limit on space boxes per day.

making credits in game without slicing is easy.