Sad comparison Battlefront VR star fighter mission to swtor star fighter without them

REVAN_cz

Hello.

There is one

on youtube i think from sort of new Battlefront [2015] [?]. {video might have wrong name}.

The grafics are nice,but not important,becoz important is what the player can do with starfighter in that mentioned video comparing to star fighter in swtor,it is very sad comparisson,not even sure the games are comparable ...

First the guy have inside view from starfighter,[not necessary for swtor]. But the jump into light speed,atleast that could be improved and be litle longer.

And mainly player can go on selective star fighter missions,with short briefing over radio,not yet on battlefield area.

Ps: I hate VR,specialy Vr Gogles,definetly something swtor dont need it,but after see that video,iam sort of out of balance.I guess someone should drag some people out of battlefront 2 [2017?] after they do complete it,and get them some work on something for swtor,becoz it seems swtor going on low budget maintenance mode.:mad:

Thanks

I am pretty sure that guy is not really in control of his ship at all. All of the promos of that thing are like "look at how cool it looks". None of them are like "man, it is hard to fly this X-Wing". Does he even roll? It looks like he's just moving his cursor around and clicking on things, not flying a ship.

Maybe it will let me download it without the VR goggles I don't own, and I could review it. But it doesn't look like any kinda space sim, arcade or otherwise?

important is what the player can do with starfighter in that mentioned video comparing to star fighter in swtor

What exactly can he do in contrast to swtor? I don't see him roll, I barely even see him pitch. He seems to have some control over yaw. The things he does that look great are when he turns around and checks on his R2 unit, or looks around an immersive cockpit- things that work in VR, but would require a camera stick that you would be hard pressed to use correctly without the VR head tracking.

Also one thing those ships can't do is fly fast lol

11:15 in the video he scarily manages to pitch ever so slightly upwards. There are no stars slightly upwards- and at that moment, the screen goes black, obscuring the TIE Fighter he has targeted. It tells him to press a button to "recenter".

This is the game you'd compare favorably to a free flight 3D space sim? This is some kind of mouse pointer on a star wars adventure. This is an experience bottled on a video game system, it doesn't even compare to GSF.

Not gonna lie, I'd have a blast with that - but I would have probably looked up the controls first.

You can't compare a MMO mini-game to a stand-alone, especially a VR. If I had the hardware I'd probably do that a lot more often than GSF and wouldn't have to wait for a pop =p

Roland, read my posts- it doesn't seem to have roll, and pitch seems limited. Heck, the straws aren't even drawn when you try to pitch upward. Maybe it's a free flight game and just that part isn't, but I pretty much doubt it.