Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Saboteur/Engineering Guide 3.0+

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Saboteur/Engineering Guide 3.0+

Steefr
03.17.2015 , 09:16 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Camelpockets View Post
The difference between MS/Power is very minor. In a raiding scenario it won't matter. As long as the pieces are augged you're good

Allright, then i'll leave the MS' in, handier to have the crit rate when switching to MM or viru.

Tho another question, last one for now i swear , is about crit rate, i've been changing things around from 400 to 360 to 319 (which i'm currently using) but haven't really noticed a difference. Does that sound right ? or were my parses not really representative ?

Camelpockets
03.17.2015 , 11:30 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Steefr View Post
Allright, then i'll leave the MS' in, handier to have the crit rate when switching to MM or viru.

Tho another question, last one for now i swear , is about crit rate, i've been changing things around from 400 to 360 to 319 (which i'm currently using) but haven't really noticed a difference. Does that sound right ? or were my parses not really representative ?
I typically run with about 302 crit rating, which seems to work for me, but it's just really based on preference. I wouldn't go higher than 400. Though it seems like the closer to 300 I am the better. Just what I have seen though.
"We have winnowed all futures. The cull endures. It is optimal. It is necessary." - Shiva
Camels the Revanchist
The Pockets Legacy - Begeren Colony & Shadowlands

Steefr
03.18.2015 , 05:14 PM | #23
OK back with more questions

So we just killed walkers and torque. I feel like engineering is no problem for master/blaster but was wondering which spec to run on Underlurker ? Feel like mm is a bit low on dmg tho burst is handy but virulence has no burst basically (and i'm not good at it yet) so guess what i'm asking is do you stick with engineering or go back to mm ?

Camelpockets
03.19.2015 , 10:34 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Steefr View Post
OK back with more questions

So we just killed walkers and torque. I feel like engineering is no problem for master/blaster but was wondering which spec to run on Underlurker ? Feel like mm is a bit low on dmg tho burst is handy but virulence has no burst basically (and i'm not good at it yet) so guess what i'm asking is do you stick with engineering or go back to mm ?
I run Engi for that fight. Typically what I do during that fight is keep dots on the boss, and proc the free thermal grenade just before adds pop. I'l try to save my explosive probe if I can as well. But since this doesn't happen all the time I'll two two different things:

1) With EP up, I'll target one lurkerling with the EP, make sure I have both PP and OS hitting 2 and 3 targets respectively, and suppressive fire the side I'm currently DPSing down. If the add is still up by the time I finish doing all of this, then I'll do a SoS, (Possibly a snipe if needed) and takedown. By that point if the add isn't dead that means dps is lacking somewhere.

2) If no EP is up, I'll just do a single target rotation on the lurkerling I'm trying to kill, regardless of how recently I just applied IP or PP. (With OS hitting 3 targets). I'd do DoTs first then whatever rotation you can formulate at that point in time, but don't bother trying to use Suppressive Fire. If you are on your own killing that add, you won't have time to use it.

Marksman is pretty much Suppressive Fire spam. Then a crit ambush where you need it.
"We have winnowed all futures. The cull endures. It is optimal. It is necessary." - Shiva
Camels the Revanchist

Camelpockets
03.19.2015 , 10:42 AM | #25
I think I've done at least 15 or so parses with the new build Tac has suggested in Melee sabo. I'm averaging around 5100 with 640 Alacrity Rating (2 enhancements & 8 Augs). I'm going to try 1 enhancement and 11 augs to see if the benefits of surge outweigh the overall damage.

Edit: Actually... I just hit 7% Alac flat with 1 enhancement and 9 augs. The DR is noticible at this point, so I might try a few with this setup.
Camels the Revanchist

Whojoo
03.21.2015 , 03:32 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Camelpockets View Post
I think I've done at least 15 or so parses with the new build Tac has suggested in Melee sabo. I'm averaging around 5100 with 640 Alacrity Rating (2 enhancements & 8 Augs). I'm going to try 1 enhancement and 11 augs to see if the benefits of surge outweigh the overall damage.

Edit: Actually... I just hit 7% Alac flat with 1 enhancement and 9 augs. The DR is noticible at this point, so I might try a few with this setup.
Do you think it will have a noticable improvement in operations?
The Red Eclipse
Republic Enforcers Suddenly Taken Over

Camelpockets
03.22.2015 , 11:47 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Whojoo View Post
Do you think it will have a noticable improvement in operations?
So I did some parsing over the past couple of days on just a 1 Mil dummy, but the RNG was **** there most of the time so I don't have conclusive results there.

As for the bosses in the operations themselves, I did break a couple of my records using the new 600 Alac build, but IU don't want to confirm anything until I know for sure what is the most optimal. If you suffer from lag of any type, I would highly suggest not running it. The MS augs are better at that point.

My methodology is this: The DR changes get noticible after about 400 points of Alacrity, and seeing that I was doing well with the full Main Stat augs earlier, I'm going to assume that a lower amount of Alac will be optimal. The 400 Alac is what I will be shooting for.

I'm busy-ish at the moment, and I also don't feel like doing a whole lot of parsing myself, but I promise that I will do some more testing to see what works/doesn't work.

Note to everyone else: It looks like Saboteur is getting a very big change coming in 3.2. Scatter Bombs will be utter useless in PvE, so expect an update when the update hits live.
Camels the Revanchist

mmmbuddah
03.22.2015 , 05:07 PM | #28
Ive really REALLY tried to do well with a saboteur sniper in pvp, just isn't working out for me. Their single target damage is simply wayyy too low , I want it to work out...but I switched to dirty fighting and am having much better luck.

BaineOs
03.22.2015 , 05:33 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by mmmbuddah View Post
Ive really REALLY tried to do well with a saboteur sniper in pvp, just isn't working out for me. Their single target damage is simply wayyy too low , I want it to work out...but I switched to dirty fighting and am having much better luck.
The single target damage on engineering for pvp isn't that bad tbh. Have a look at the link in my sig, might help...might not. The issue with lethality is there's a lot of fluff damage if it's not done right.
Es'carli D'Lakutos
Level 1 - 65, three disciplines, three characters, one video

Camelpockets
03.22.2015 , 06:16 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by BaineOs View Post
The single target damage on engineering for pvp isn't that bad tbh. Have a look at the link in my sig, might help...might not. The issue with lethality is there's a lot of fluff damage if it's not done right.
Agreed. I find that the single target here is much more significant than Leth. That spec is just DoT spread = lol!

If I get the chance to do an actual rotation, this is typically what I do:

Interrogation Probe - Corrosive Dart - Plasma Probe - EMP Discharge - Explosive Probe - Series of Shots - Fragmentation Grenade.

Of course this rotation will vary incredibly depending on the class you are fighting against. (Typically Mercs/Powertech's Hydraulics pretty much counter the PP, as well as force speed. But if you can get that EMP Stun off, then typically it's GG unless you see Dodge, resilience, or the sorc bubble. Of course there are other counters as well, but these are the most significant. Don't forget the scatter bombs as well. Typically they are better off being used as a defensive measure, but who says you can't have some damage with a defensive CD?

Also, R.I.P. scatter bombs. </3
Camels the Revanchist