Your top 5 fav MMOs

sdgiasyui

Not sure if this has been asked, however, id like to know what others MMO's you guys like, or used to like, or even love to play;)

Since this is the swtor forum, i except lots of you guys to nominate swtor as yours truly number 1, which is cool :)

My top 5 of MMO's are

1. Guild Wars 2

2. Rift

3. Star Wars: The Old Republic

4. Guild Wars 1

5. The Secret World

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) SWTOR

2) WoW

3) LotRO

4) Asheron's Call (1)

5) SWG

Question for OP: SWTOR is your 3rd? Do you currently play 1 & 2? If not, why do you rank them higher than SWTOR since you obviously subscribe to SWTOR?

Edited by DarthTHC

Well i've only played 1 other MMO for an extended period of time, and that was the BETTER star wars MMO....Star Wars: Galaxies. I've tested and played for 30-60days on a few others, but they weren't my thing so i can't list them. I think my list would look like this:

#1. Star Wars Galaxies.

#2. Star Wars Galaxies Emulator.

#3. ...an MMO i haven't played yet

#4. ...an MMO I haven't played yet

#5. maybe SWTOR.

Well i've only played 1 other MMO for an extended period of time, and that was the BETTER star wars MMO....Star Wars: Galaxies. I've tested and played for 30-60days on a few others, but they weren't my thing so i can't list them. I think my list would look like this:

#1. Star Wars Galaxies.

#2. Star Wars Galaxies Emulator.

#3. ...an MMO i haven't played yet

#4. ...an MMO I haven't played yet

#5. maybe SWTOR.

Hope and expectations play fun tricks on the mind, don't they? Your #3 & 4 are like saying you'd rather have that other guy's wife than your own for whatever reason you imagine she's better... but if you actually had to live with her day in and day out you'd want to eat a bullet.

1) SWTOR

2) WoW

3) LotRO

4) Asheron's Call (1)

5) SWG

Question for OP: SWTOR is your 3rd? Do you currently play 1 & 2? If not, why do you rank them higher than SWTOR since you obviously subscribe to SWTOR?

Good question mate.Currently im playing the games in my top 5 actually :) Even Tera Online..Got subs running on Rift/Swtor

1: LotRO, fond memories even if the game has degraded over the last year or so.

2: SW:TOR

3: PSO:BB shutdown :(

4: SWG pre NGC shutdown :(

5: WAR

Runnerup: CoH shutdown :(

Edited by Lithy

im new to mmo's so have only tried a couple

1.SWTOR..my 1st mmo,been playing for around 8/9 months..love it..made me want to try others,so on to....

2 .WoW ...been playing about a week,got a char to lvl 55

3.LOTRO have a lvl 10,intend to spend more time there,but will prob not sub

as for #4 and #5 im gonna look into others peoples favorite's in this thread and try a few

1: SWTOR

2: FFXI (prior to the mass exodus)

3: WoW

4: EQ

5: EVE/Aion -- mainly because I haven't had enough of a chance to play them to see if I like em.

Also 6: Currently playing FFXIV Beta. No comment on the initial launch of the game >.<

Dark Age of Camelot had the best PvP I've ever played in an MMO. I played it from launch and quit when ToA went live. World of Warcraft had the best PvE raid experience, soundtrack, and interface. I played it from WotLK through Mists. SWTOR had the best PvE questing experience and lore setting. Prerelease and recently reactivated.

Overall I'd probably have to go with World of Warcraft. And I wouldn't bother filling out the rest of a top five.

1. EVE

2. SWTOR

I've only played two. I quit EVE because CCP started doing some things that totally jacked the economy, I didn't like the idea of DUST, and I'd been playing it for six years - got kind of burnt out. It got to the point where everything seemed like a grind. Also, PLEX got out of hand (EVE's Cartel Coins, basically). I still rank it as #1 because I still love it and will probably go back at some point.

Some things in EVE that I really wish SWTOR would copy:

1. Better chat window(s). Compared to Eve's, this chat window is almost unusable.

2. More focus on making pvp into a game and not a sideshow. I'd like to see more pvp rewards, more XP (I hate PVE leveling), more warzones.

3. Empire Vs. Republic battles for territory.

4. One server, less instancing, more open world pvp (relates to #3).

EDIT: I forgot about Star Trek Online. I played that for a bit. I'd rank it #3. I quit mainly because I didn't feel like there was any endgame. I achieved admiral rank, got to fly all of the ships that I wanted, then didn't know what to do other than fly around, look at the shiny starship, and listen to the cool phaser sound-effects.

Edited by teclado

1. SWTOR

2. Wizard 101

3.-5. ...haven't played yet.

...yeah, that's about it. :p And I hope no one here knows what the 2nd one is (it's a kid mmo, basically). I was playing it actually because my friend played it & it's battle system gave a lot of free time to chat with my friend. Good times, we actually had a lot of fun in our little private group chat. (y)

Currently, I'd have to rate them like this:

1. SWTOR

Looks
amazing
on a high-end rig. A wealth of lore and story content to discover. Decent group content and really fun combat mechanics.

2. WoW

What can one say that hasn't been said? Very deep and interesting classes. Fantastic world building and attention to detail. Brilliant group content with raids, dungeons and scenarios. Currently being held back by ugly-as-sin player character models.

3. Guild Wars 2

A very good game with (for me) limited replay value. Still a fun and interesting world. Dynamic events can be a blast under the right conditions, and impossible with the wrong conditions.

4-5. Tera/Neverwinter

Tied because they stand out for the same reason--action-oriented combat. These games will both suck you in instantly with how fun it is to mash monsters, but neither has become a staple in my gaming rotation and seem to lack strong narratives that synergize with the gameplay.