Views on prequels and star wars films in general

PadsterPwns

Like you OP, I enjoyed all the films. However, the one thing I found to be inconsistent, was the personalities between Anakin Skywalker from the prequels, and Darth Vader from the originals. In the originals, Darth Vader is cunning, slow to lose his temper, and his collectivism instills fear. In the prequels, Anakin is whiny, arrogant, and a hot head. I cannot see the character George made in the prequels, being the Darth Vader from the original movies.

Like you OP, I enjoyed all the films. However, the one thing I found to be inconsistent, was the personalities between Anakin Skywalker from the prequels, and Darth Vader from the originals. In the originals, Darth Vader is cunning, slow to lose his temper, and his collectivism instills fear. In the prequels, Anakin is whiny, arrogant, and a hot head. I cannot see the character George made in the prequels, being the Darth Vader from the original movies.

That's one thing they could have made a movie about, the years between RotS and ANH, but specifically focussing on the aftermath of the Mustafar duel and the training and transformation of Darth Vader over the years. I'm glad you like all of them it seems it's not a common opinion lol

I enjoyed the prequels a lot. It made the Original Trilogy complete. I finally saw how Anakin becomes Vader. The light saber battles were awesome. Seeing Yoda fight for the first time was at first funny and then amazing. Growing up with science and wanting to explain the universe in scientific terms, I appreciate a more scientific explanation of the Force being generated by midichlorians. I can also see how a scientific view can detract from the mystical, magical feel. I can relate to the love story. I was obsessed with a girl once. We grew up and I got over her lol. The conversation wasn't that awkward. I understood how Anakin felt. Jar Jar was a little high strung and needed Ritalin. I simply explain him away as being a member of a race of aliens that were very new to the galactic scene and their language difficulties was the result of that. Like Jar Jar, I am clumsy and shy around people. The original trilogy is more dated but at least the stories connect "fairly" well. I enjoyed the acting of Ewan Macgregor, Liam Neeson, and Ian McDiarmid.

Those were my three favourite performances as well, along with Christopher Lee and Frank Oz and I liked the scientific aspect the prequels brought in (always thought it was weird that anyone could use the force). The love story I found a bit awkward at times but I haven't really met anyone girl whose made me feel like that so it just might be me being unfamiliar with the situation making it hard to empathise with.

When I first saw the prequels I use to like them a lot, over time Ive become more critical of them while still loving the original movies.

What I liked

+The Actors. Particularly Ewan McGregor. I thought visually and their voices fit their rolls fine.

What I didnt mind

= Romance: I expected it, I didnt mind it was there (not to be mistake with it was well done)

=Jar Jar: Dumb character but I didnt hate him. I kind of just ignored him

What I didnt like

-Special Effects: Everything looked SO FAKE and that is because it is ALL GREEN SCREEN. Compared to say Hoth where the actors look like they are talking to things and working on stuff in the cold because they actually are.

-Droids: Every droid acted like it was a living being, which is fine for smaller droids but things like Droid Fighters or Combat Droids should not need to talk to each other or turn its head to look in space combat etc...

- Story: This is my number 1 issue. My biggest problem with this is how it went against the original lore. I loved the original idea of the Clone Wars. That the Clones attacked the Republic and pushed the Republic to its knees. That Palpatine re-energized the Republic and drove the Clones back. Humanity bore the brunt of the fighting, casualties, etc and so Humans felt they had won the war themselves giving them a sense of superiority. Humanity powers through legislation to create a new Empire because they felt the Republic was too weak for security due to catering towards so many different aliens.

The seventies early eighties about 20 years, or more, before your birth . . . as you seems to come from the post traumatic fashion stress age I accept that your lack of understanding and insight clouds your judgement, but just imagine him in a Justin Bieber hair cut and you'll be fine ...;)