Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Force Sensitive: Black Ops / special "forces" class ??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Force Sensitive: Black Ops / special "forces" class ??

Monumenta's Avatar


Monumenta
06.06.2020 , 08:05 PM | #71
I still think an expansion featuring a new class with a multi media advertising effort tied into a current Star Wars production like season 2 of the Mandalorian is the only way to see a sizable amount of new and returning players.

OlBuzzard's Avatar


OlBuzzard
06.11.2020 , 09:11 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Monumenta View Post
I still think an expansion featuring a new class with a multi media advertising effort tied into a current Star Wars production like season 2 of the Mandalorian is the only way to see a sizable amount of new and returning players.
The new class... yes
Multi media advertising ummm that would be nice ( but probably pushing our luck) !
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

casirabit's Avatar


casirabit
06.11.2020 , 09:26 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
Considering there's a guild dedicated to Harry Potter, anything's possible. You're bound to find a few role players who'll go with the idea of force-sensitive gun toters, and over the years, I'm sure there have already been role playing groups dedicated to such at various points.
There is a possibility with this scenario they would not even know they are force sensitive. They just think they have some different abilities but they would not understand it in the beginning especially if they have not really had a reason to deal with a force sensitive like a Jedi or Sith. It could be that they are not fans of them so they keep their distance or they don't trust them so they don't want anything to do with them so they stay as far away from them as they can.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

OlBuzzard's Avatar


OlBuzzard
06.11.2020 , 11:10 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
There is a possibility with this scenario they would not even know they are force sensitive. They just think they have some different abilities but they would not understand it in the beginning especially if they have not really had a reason to deal with a force sensitive like a Jedi or Sith. It could be that they are not fans of them so they keep their distance or they don't trust them so they don't want anything to do with them so they stay as far away from them as they can.
Agreed..
Much like a 6th sense but as SW fans we recognize it as the force. They are not "strong" in the force. In most cases the candidate might not even recognize the "source" as being the force. But that unique sense gives them a skill set bonus making them an idea candidate for covert / special undercover ops individuals.

IMO... it should also be noted that it is entirely possible that one of these "former" members or candidates could "grow" in the force and be faced with a decision of whether or not to follow / train in their respective philosophies (Jedi / Sith).

The reverse (however) would not be true a Jedi or Sith would not become a part of this group.
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
06.12.2020 , 10:53 AM | #75
Story wise, seems like an easy enough thing to do...Republic side anyways...as Empire side, isn't it "You're Sith or you're dead."

Agent has a whole companion dedicated to that mentality of the Empire.

I say this, because I can only imagine complaints that someone's favorite side didn't get a new class like the other side. Makes no sense to me, as it's new for everyone, but it's the complaint that would be whined about.

As for the class. Jedi washout. Or just didn't care to be a Jedi after growing up one. So, they go on their own little adventure that doesn't tie to the main storyline, but possibly has tie ins to the other class storylines.

Starts out the storyline "No one knows of you" even ends on Corellia with the whole idea being, "You went unnoticed, while all the others were doing their big display" and then Ilum starts and it's "Well, you didn't go quite as unnoticed as you thought."

Or, the storyline just doesn't have the big grand ending that some of the others have.

Either way, have it end with them going solo.

Perhaps, working in secret for Satele and her ex (forgot his name)...not quite a Jedi, but useful against the Empire.

Weapon for class could be Main Saber/Secondary Blaster or Main Blaster/Secondary Saber. Not drawn out at the same time, so the secondary will just be holstered, while being pulled out for a couple of attacks.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

OlBuzzard's Avatar


OlBuzzard
06.12.2020 , 03:44 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Story wise, seems like an easy enough thing to do...Republic side anyways...as Empire side, isn't it "You're Sith or you're dead."

Agent has a whole companion dedicated to that mentality of the Empire.

I say this, because I can only imagine complaints that someone's favorite side didn't get a new class like the other side. Makes no sense to me, as it's new for everyone, but it's the complaint that would be whined about.

As for the class. Jedi washout. Or just didn't care to be a Jedi after growing up one. So, they go on their own little adventure that doesn't tie to the main storyline, but possibly has tie ins to the other class storylines.

Starts out the storyline "No one knows of you" even ends on Corellia with the whole idea being, "You went unnoticed, while all the others were doing their big display" and then Ilum starts and it's "Well, you didn't go quite as unnoticed as you thought."

Or, the storyline just doesn't have the big grand ending that some of the others have.

Either way, have it end with them going solo.

Perhaps, working in secret for Satele and her ex (forgot his name)...not quite a Jedi, but useful against the Empire.

Weapon for class could be Main Saber/Secondary Blaster or Main Blaster/Secondary Saber. Not drawn out at the same time, so the secondary will just be holstered, while being pulled out for a couple of attacks.
** I've ran into the idea of "if you're not a sith you're dead" more than once .. even in the Republic side. However, the one thing that has changed in the story (and it's a huge change) is that the emperor at that time was Vitiate .. (or Valkorian ). IMO that is one thing that with his death that could easily change.

Again: use of the force / traits (some listed below) would not be used since that would be a clear part of another class. (**** see note****)
** force leap NO
** guarded by the force NO
** use of light saber as a main NO
** twin saber throw N/A (NO)
** force lightening NO
** lightening strike NO
** force storm NO

Some ideas that MIGHT be a substitute or different all together:
** grappling hook ( attaches to weapon similar to SW I : "The Phantom Menace" )
** shields .. electronic ( not sure how the team would prefer to approach this but I'm sure they are more than up to the task.
** main weapon please see above: machine pistol blaster of sort. ( several contemporary weapons of today have been listed to simply act as a guideline). This weapon would be unique to this class. There are two things attached to this weapon:
1. character does not need to be anchored or standing still to fire it !!
2. Three settings: single shot , auto / high speed FULL auto ( this last setting sounds more like a phalanx and does a LOT of damage).
** defensive push back .. something like an electronic generated concussion. Again I'm quite certain that the development team can come up with something.

These are just some examples.
I appreciate the input .. but we also have to be careful that we don't just make a hybrid class of something else that's already there.
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

Soljin's Avatar


Soljin
06.14.2020 , 12:29 PM | #77
I think this is a watered down version of Aura Sing or Asajj Ventress or Savage Opress or even pre-trained Pistol toting Luke Skywalker which honestly is much more interesting version of a "force sensitive" class.

I greatly respect the effort in this idea/thread and the way it has been approached but I don't actually like the Archetype proposed.

If they are to add a new class it should be vastly different than anything else in the game IMO. A laser whip force sensitive is interesting. A pistol, toting vibrosword using class with some basic force abilities like force push (the ability many force sensitives use first out of fearful defense in canon) sounds interesting...

Just my opinion..good work on the proposal no doubt.
I want my SWG...
Refer a friend link: http://www.swtor.com/r/rqkzQz

OlBuzzard's Avatar


OlBuzzard
06.14.2020 , 02:30 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Soljin View Post
I think this is a watered down version of Aura Sing or Asajj Ventress or Savage Opress or even pre-trained Pistol toting Luke Skywalker which honestly is much more interesting version of a "force sensitive" class.

I greatly respect the effort in this idea/thread and the way it has been approached but I don't actually like the Archetype proposed.

If they are to add a new class it should be vastly different than anything else in the game IMO. A laser whip force sensitive is interesting. A pistol, toting vibrosword using class with some basic force abilities like force push (the ability many force sensitives use first out of fearful defense in canon) sounds interesting...

Just my opinion..good work on the proposal no doubt.
As always .. let me first thank you for your input. I also appreciate your respect to what has been presented.

That said: let me see if I can address a couple thoughts
*** Force abilities The development team would no doubt be cautious not to use too many characteristics that would push the new class too class to anything that already exists.

I do like the idea that you have suggested that it would defensive only I think somewhere buried in these pages there is a similar suggestion.. that IF any sort of "force based" attribute were utilized that it would be limited strictly to defensive only.

*** Unique style This is something that has not been tried yet. Speed and agility. Speed in weapons use agility in defensive posturing. This would also include the necessity to develop a acrobatic maneuver with the character for combat use. The weapon (as mentioned in a couple of places ) would also have to be unique. And (if I'm not mistaken) somewhere in here there is the mention of needing additional power packs and the ability to use them. By that I mean: as you develop the character you get the use of the gun and as it gets closer to MAX level .. you pick up the ability to use that weapon at it's maximum skill / ability which is high velocity full auto (really bad news to the recipient I might add).

Good Story to go with this character. Frankly until now this is something that I've not spent too much time on. But IMO the story helps make the characters fun (or not so much). The Jedi Councilor is one of those that if the story had been better might have been a lot more fun. I have one character in that group and don't plan on any more. (Frankly I'm not that good playing that class either .. truth be told).

There are just a few items I sincerely hope make it with this new class:
** Character can be fun .. regardless of Republic or Empire not dull and boring just because a player makes LS choices.
** Class is developed where the story flows well with either male or female
** Companions: at some point in time the player can choose male or female (not something that has really been done that much)
** Companions must be fun .. and when the occasion calls for it caring. OK for the Sith a back stabbing cut throat ????? I'm not sure how that would work !!

I'm hoping that the team can just go nuts with this (in a good sense of the word) ..

IN the end the development team will be what really makes this work. And if I didn't think they had the skill and ability to do so I wouldn't still be working on this one year later !

BTW.. again. I really appreciate your thoughts and feed back.
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

Monumenta's Avatar


Monumenta
06.14.2020 , 03:15 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Soljin View Post
I think this is a watered down version of Aura Sing or Asajj Ventress or Savage Opress or even pre-trained Pistol toting Luke Skywalker which honestly is much more interesting version of a "force sensitive" class.
First it sounds like you dint even read past the headline cuz thats not whats detailed here at all. Second, why does it have to be a watered down version? Those characters are all awesome and some sort of half trained Light/Dark Disciple type outside of normal Jedi/Sith relations would make an equally awesome set of new classes, but is not at all what has been discussed in this thread. (Honestly Im on the theres already too many force using classes train but I could dig it.)

Also, some of the nay saying on this suggestion is seriously sad. How unimaginative do you have to be to not be able to come up with a workable origin for anything in the Star Wars universe?

All force sensitives born in imp space go to Sith training? OK great, why does this person have to be born and raised there? Could be a defector from rep or Hutt space or an immigrant from the outer rim or wild space or anywhere!

Crazy right? Its like theres a whole fictitious universe to draw from and you dont have to limit yourself at all.

Soljin's Avatar


Soljin
06.15.2020 , 08:58 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Monumenta View Post
First it sounds like you dint even read past the headline cuz thats not whats detailed here at all. Second, why does it have to be a watered down version? Those characters are all awesome and some sort of half trained Light/Dark Disciple type outside of normal Jedi/Sith relations would make an equally awesome set of new classes, but is not at all what has been discussed in this thread. (Honestly Im on the theres already too many force using classes train but I could dig it.)

Also, some of the nay saying on this suggestion is seriously sad. How unimaginative do you have to be to not be able to come up with a workable origin for anything in the Star Wars universe?

All force sensitives born in imp space go to Sith training? OK great, why does this person have to be born and raised there? Could be a defector from rep or Hutt space or an immigrant from the outer rim or wild space or anywhere!

Crazy right? Its like theres a whole fictitious universe to draw from and you dont have to limit yourself at all.

I'm not against a force sensitive class and I think this post is really well done as I said before. I don't like the proposed Archetype I prefer the idea of a hybrid type class that used blasters in combination with Force abilities and a new weapon style not previously used in SWToR which is why I mentioned the laser whip.

I just don't like the concept of a Force super soldier vs a more canon based Force Sensitive force wielder. When I say "watered Down" It is reference to the "enhanced reflexes" vs not using actual force abilities like push or force run not the entirety of the idea.

Just my thoughts I didn't realize only 100% positive feedback was allowed.
I want my SWG...
Refer a friend link: http://www.swtor.com/r/rqkzQz