How should I go about gearing up in 6.0?

Loadsamonie

i287 now, really haven't done anything other than Warzones and GSF. I have about 6,000 tech fragments banked, at this rate I feel like it's better to just save them for the Lord of Pain set and not bother with the SoW vendor until I hit 306, so I can start looking for mods. I'm only going to roll amplifiers on my armorings, and I actually want a fairly diverse set of damage-reducing amplifiers, so it shouldn't be that hard getting what I want since I need quite a few different types (tech damage reduction, force damage reduction, overall damage reduction, etc).

Bought Leviathan's Hide tactical, found a couple of other tacticals through crates as well.

Edited by Loadsamonie

i293 with the first 2 pieces of my Lord of Pain set, as I was close to capping frags.

Once I get my 6-piece, I take it the last piece should be the Amplified one?

You almost always want to get the Amplified piece for your seventh piece. Two combat amps. I have yet to see anything drop with a gold amp that's better, even if it is the exact amp you want on a misc. piece.

• 2 weeks later...
So i303-i304, maybe i302 at the earliest?

303-304 sounds about right, if I'm remembering correctly. I want to say you start seeing 306's drop at gear rating 302, but I'm not 100% positive on that one. Regardless though, once your gear rating is minimum 303-304, you will start seeing 306 gear and inserts drop.

Also, start holding onto all your 306 inserts once they do start dropping, regardless of stat variations, you can adjust those over time, the key is to make sure each gear piece has all 306 inserts.