Nerf HM Queen??

CaptRogue

So when are we going to get a nerf to the queen?

Honestly this is a freaking joke.

SM walk right in & bam she dead, no strats needed.

HM which should be a step above, is NiM strats. So it's like BAM your dead.

Come on now. You're going to lock weapons & crafting mats behind her, but make it were only a very small % can clear her.

You can't pug her. You have to know your class 100%, you can't make one mistake, etc...

Nerf this please. Just lightly. It doesn't have to be easy like HM EV, but make it easier than NiM Ops.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tbh i'd like to see it buffed, 8m at least. For the people that this fight was made for to give the mhs are able to clear it, so this fight has met its goal. The 258mhs is only needed for nim gods, nothing else. if you need it for something outside outside of gods sounds like you need to l2p, simple as that.

i'm also against a nerf. also i think, that this is the exact right way for a veteran operation.

that you can't pug for that operations is wrong, too. but you can't compare that to other operations. these are known by so many players, that the most could do them while sleeping. and so you easily can compansate some members of your raid group. and these operations are designed for a lower gear. with 248 equipment, you can ignore many mechanics, you would have wiped in the past.

also a single failure won't cause a wipe. even if you ignore the stun, you have a second chance.

of course this operation is a bit out of the comfort zone of many players, because you need to do some more stuff, than doing damage on a fixed boss and keeping away from voids. but i won't say, that this operation is way harder than brontes vm.

The issue is here SM Queen is scaled far too low- and with the combined might of bolster and tuned at the original SM DPS/HPS requirements, the queen on SM is the biggest joke in the game you get better gear drops in than any other Op in the game, sans NiM Gods. SM Queen needs to be fixed outright or have the 252 gear drops stripped off it- there's no reason for an SM Op that only requires you to mash your head into your keyboard to drop NiM level gear when every other NiM, sans Gods drops 248 at the highest.

HM Queen is 252 gear tuned- it doesn't require nerfs or buffs as is because it's meant as a VM Op- a NiM version should be released if people want the 258 mainhand to have higher requirements.

Edited by AllisonLightning

tbh i'd like to see it buffed, 8m at least. For the people that this fight was made for to give the mhs are able to clear it, so this fight has met its goal. The 258mhs is only needed for nim gods, nothing else. if you need it for something outside outside of gods sounds like you need to l2p, simple as that.

+1 to this. This fight is really easy, we are at the farm mode atm. Just need to do the rights tacts and bam. Definitely not in NiM level or something

Edited by lord-angelus

The sad state of the game is that people are already asking for an achievement in order to group up with you. Elitism at its worst...

That’s not elitism... asking for chevs is standard practise for most pugs our side of sm these days.

Elitism would be me saying ‘you’re **** st the game and should uninstall because you haven’t killed nim gods.’ That would be an elitist comment

Except they also gated decos behind this fight.

That’s not elitism... asking for chevs is standard practise for most pugs our side of sm these days.

Elitism would be me saying ‘you’re **** st the game and should uninstall because you haven’t killed nim gods.’ That would be an elitist comment

Actually, it is. Being non inclusive towards newer players, be it new to the game or new to the battle is infact elitism. The moment you stop including other players or helping other players you are engaging in elitism. The very nature of elitsim is being cliquish in any way that cuts off other players from joining you in content, essentially cutting them off from that content at the time of your group search, esp if no other groups avail for them at that moment.

Although I heavily disagree with the notion of it having to be nerfed, I am a bit puzzled regarding the design of the boss. Most operation groups for a hard mode operation will generally be using two tanks, four dps and two healers, this is a boss where the second tank is basically just a ceremonial role. There is no point in bringing two tanks and that is why you see the majority of the groups running the five DPS setbonus. However, loads of pug groups formed on Ossus/Fleet will be running a two tank setbonus for hardmode, thinking that it's required, and then they hit wall in terms of the DPS requirement and think the bossfight is harder than it is.

In regards to nerfing it, I don't really see the point of that, the boss fight is a lot easier than most Nightmare boss fights while being amongst the harder Hardmode boss fights, however still being far easier than Monolith, Revan and M&B. I think that people look at this from the point of view of a Fleet/Ossus pug group who wants to kill it without any form of communication or structure. That works perfectly well for story mode content, but Hard mode content is aimed for groups with some knowledge of their class and basic communication.

Actually, it is. Being non inclusive towards newer players, be it new to the game or new to the battle is infact elitism. The moment you stop including other players or helping other players you are engaging in elitism. The very nature of elitsim is being cliquish in any way that cuts off other players from joining you in content, essentially cutting them off from that content at the time of your group search, esp if no other groups avail for them at that moment.

Actually, it's not, being selective with who you pick isn't elitism, according to your version of elitism any raiding group would be "elitists" since they choose to raid with those selected people. What you describe could be considered discrimination (against players without the achievement), perhaps you are confusing the two concepts?

Except they also gated decos behind this fight.

A massive array of decos are also "gated" behind a paywall (the cartel market), I don't think however that players, in general, are suffering due to these type of gates.

Edited by RikuvonDrake

I think the case can be made that it’s elitism, but the real question is, is it justified?

Ultimately I think we have to acknowledge it’s no one’s obligation to help someone else through. It’s nice when a community helps support each other, but you can’t exactly expect, or demand, that players should include people they don’t want to play with in their group. Trying to force them together only breeds animosity.

A massive array of decos are also "gated" behind a paywall (the cartel market), I don't think however that players, in general, are suffering due to these type of gates.
I’ve seen enough complaints to make me believe otherwise. You can debate whether or not it’s fair/appropriate to have certain items remain exclusive to those who complete certain achievements, But without question each time you restrict something a portion of the player base will be negatively impacted.

But my point wasn’t really about whether or not it was fair, I’ve spoken to that more in depth in another thread, it was just to point out that it is not only people trying to get a MH/OH who have a major incentive to clear the fight.

With her drops being 258 they made it perfect. It was the same when they launched Denova opps, the problem with that back in 2012, that the difference between SM and HM was minimum.

SM is viable for anybody who want to do the content, hey I just did an hour or so ago with my Guardian tank and 5 men I am really not good with it. In VM or NiM new mechanics enter into place, and things become complicated.

Well done BW. Please say it when it is deserved.

So when are we going to get a nerf to the queen?

Honestly this is a freaking joke.

SM walk right in & bam she dead, no strats needed.

HM which should be a step above, is NiM strats. So it's like BAM your dead.

Come on now. You're going to lock weapons & crafting mats behind her, but make it were only a very small % can clear her.

You can't pug her. You have to know your class 100%, you can't make one mistake, etc...

Nerf this please. Just lightly. It doesn't have to be easy like HM EV, but make it easier than NiM Ops.

Sounds like SM is a grest place to practice and familiarize players of the HM strategy, since SM is such a joke. Instead of going in and blowing through SM, slow things down and utilize the experience to learn timing and anticipation that will benefit your HM runs.

Yeah not the same thing, currency you buy those things can be earned with practically any activity in real world. You could say it is gated if you could only buy cartel coins with McDonalds dollars or such. :D

VM Queen does not need nerfed.

The problem is that SM is so incredibly easy that no one has had to learn any mechanics to beat it. You can literally roll your face across the keyboard hitting random buttons and beat SM Queen.

Even SM Soa is more difficult than this boss. I hope the devs tweak SM to make certain mechanics required, like egg smashing.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Yeah not the same thing, currency you buy those things can be earned with practically any activity in real world. You could say it is gated if you could only buy cartel coins with McDonalds dollars or such. :D
You can also earn Cartel Coins through in game achievements.

Actually asking for an achievement when making a pug group with people you don't know is the quickest & easiest way of getting some kind of information if the person have done the fight or not.

It has nothing with "elitism" to do..since in the end all you want to do is make the run as smooth and quick as possible.

Bringing random people you don't know that haven't done the fight before or can prove it creates a risk that might eliminate the whole smooth & quick purpose competely & making it a progression run instead of a quick farm run.

Some people might not have the interest or the time to teach new players the fight, so if you want to learn the fight you can just create a group yourself with that purpose.

Seven Stuck on Tulak Hord is now offering Mutated Geonosian Queen HM for 70 millions(Kill only).

We can talk about the Rest in private!! MSG me on Discord(Ito#9440) or Ingame on Tulak Hord(Itopt via IngameMail).

Greetings

Edited by bentheten

I’ve seen enough complaints to make me believe otherwise. You can debate whether or not it’s fair/appropriate to have certain items remain exclusive to those who complete certain achievements, But without question each time you restrict something a portion of the player base will be negatively impacted.

entitled much?

Seven Stuck on Tulak Hord is now offering Mutated Geonosian Queen HM for 70 millions(Kill only).

We can talk about the Rest in private!! MSG me on Discord(Ito#9440) or Ingame on Tulak Hord(Itopt via IngameMail).

Greetings

lol

A friend of mine was asking for GSF carries for sale the other day. Do you do those too? Might be lucrative.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller