GSF Ossus Weekly Mission: CHANGE!

BFBHitmarkers

I understand that the weekly missions for Ossus are intended to, in less or more words, "force" players to participate in all aspects of the game from group finder operations, pvp, and GSF. However, why is GSF weekly the only one in which you HAVE to win matches to complete the weekly? Individual players have on control whether they win or lose a match. I played 9 matches of GSF and was not able to be on the winning team one time. The pvp weekly is based on medals, something an individual player has control over.

Please change the GSF to either complete x amount of gsf matches, get x amount of kills/assists...something that the individual player has control over.

-rant over-

Your complaints are meritless and wrong. The GSF weekly is fine the way it is now. If you solo queue into GSF you will have about a 50% chance of getting a win every game, regardless of what you do (as long as you do not feed the other side in a death match style). Most likely the other team will have as many new players as your team, and because we have cross faction queues you'll probably be matched up with the better team every other war.

For someone who is NOT a GSFer, it is simple to finish this rotating quest. If wartype is a death-match, simply stay back near teammates while you learn the game. If wartype is satellites, find your way to a node your team owns and help guard it. What could be more simple. This gives new players an opportunity to try the GSF while actually earning something to do it.

For people who ARE GSFers, thank goodness we have consideration in the rotating quests. Suck it up and try something new, it is super easy to finish and it won't hurt you at all.

And your anger is greatly misguided.

I do not GSF. I tried it when it first came out for about 2 months and ended up not liking it. To each their own.

I did not say take GSF out of the rotation. I'm fine with it being in the rotation and understand why it is.

All I said was to change the requirements. I have 27 toons to run through the dailies and weeklies. I tried it when it was originally the weekly and it was bugged. I tried it this week and was in 9 losing matches. It is not a 50/50. The individual has no control whether or not the team wins.

Im happy for you that you enjoy GSF. But for someone that does not, I should have to sit in 9-12 matches hoping for 3 wins. Re-Read what I wrote and come back when you want to logically discuss instead of nerd rage because you think I said to take GSF out of the rotation :)

Well, I think both sides have some validity. But, going back to what I've written in other threads, what the devs have said, and especially in light of the pathway to 258 mainhands/offhands, it seems clear that the Developers intend for the pathway from 252 to 258 to be fairly rigorous:

1. they increased the MasDC cost of converting 252 shells to 258 shells
  2. they only added ranked pvp as an alternate to the Ossus world bosses. Not even solo ranked, group ranked, and 50 points at that
  3. they made the resource requirements for crafting so ridiculous that it isn't a viable alternative

Then they introduced MonDCs and made people have to do Veteran Mode Mountain Queen or 50 points in solo ranked.

So already you see the grind is real.

To boot, the time commitments of rotating weekly is highly variable.

1. It isn't getting just 8 medals total in ground unranked warzones ... which is clearly something they can easily track over matches since they do it for Conquest anyway. Its getting them in a single match. It can be done in a loss, but often only for tanks, and only in something with lots of close quarters. I healed an ancient hypergate match that we won and still didn't have enough medals. But then they ALSO made it so that it completes as soon as you earn the medals, prompting some people to just leave the WZ once they earn the 8, which I think is just rude.
  2. It isn't just doing flashpoints. Its four MM flashpoints. Now, it doesn't take long to do Hammer Station master mode four times, but its still longer than the one lucky match where you get 8 medals. Or, for an exclusive pvp'er, its the dreaded pve content.
  3. It isn't just doing an activity finder thing … Its an activity finder SM operation. So, it requires you to be in activity finder, which may or may not be a quick pop. And depending on the ops rotating during that week, and a person's available free time, the operation itself may not be easy. I mean pug story mode EV is one thing, but that's not always one of the GF ops during the week, and even if it is may not be on a day you have off to play. Rav, ToS, GotM are not always the friendliest to pugs. And most ops certainly take longer than 4 Hammer Stations. And, again, if you're an exclusive pvp'er, its even more dreaded pve content.

Which brings us to the rotating weekly for this week. I do have to say, I LOVE GSF and I actually kept this mission in my log on a few toons from when it was bugged weeks ago just to do it instead of the other rotating weekly once it was fixed. But even though I love GSF, even I raised an eyebrow at the "Win" requirement.

I think matchmaking is better, and with more people in the queue its even more accurate. I still get lopsided matches, but they seem less common. I agree with Stormcutter that its not quite as daunting a task to achieve 3 wins over the course of a whole week as most people think, but its also not really proportionate to "8 medals in a single match win or lose or don't even complete the match," or the other two pve rotating missions.

So, even though I enjoy GSF very much, I can see the argument that this should be changed to completing X number of matches. How big X should be … well, that's harder to say. The flashpoint rotating weekly is larger than the usual MM weekly "Galactic Conflicts" which is 3. So, I think an argument could be made that it should be more than the GSF weekly of 7. At the same time, you could be very lucky with the ground warzone rotating weekly and earn 8 medals half-way through a match you lose. You could also be very unlucky and lose 4 matches in a row and still not have enough medals in any single one, especially if they were arenas.

So if its just completing the GSF match, and not based on performance or wins (which incentivize the player actually playing instead of being carried, being AFK, or self-destructing) then its going to have to be more than 7 matches. Again, this is meant to be harder than the usual grind because its for 252 and 258 gear.

I think matchmaking is better, and with more people in the queue its even more accurate. I still get lopsided matches, but they seem less common. I agree with Stormcutter that its not quite as daunting a task to achieve 3 wins over the course of a whole week as most people think, but its also not really proportionate to "8 medals in a single match win or lose or don't even complete the match," or the other two pve rotating missions.

So, even though I enjoy GSF very much, I can see the argument that this should be changed to completing X number of matches. How big X should be … well, that's harder to say. The flashpoint rotating weekly is larger than the usual MM weekly "Galactic Conflicts" which is 3. So, I think an argument could be made that it should be more than the GSF weekly of 7. At the same time, you could be very lucky with the ground warzone rotating weekly and earn 8 medals half-way through a match you lose. You could also be very unlucky and lose 4 matches in a row and still not have enough medals in any single one, especially if they were arenas.

This may come across as "bragging/boasting", I do not intend that at all. I was able to get all of my 27 70's through the 8medal pvp weekly in around 6 hours of gameplay.

I spent almost 3 hours on one toon through 9 GSF matches (10 minutes each = 90 minutes + wait time for queue to pop) and didnt get a single win.

I know your post is in agreement and I am not bashing on any of your points.

I believe a fair compromise is:

1. play 8 matches, wins count as 2. This way, bare minimum time spent is 40 minutes, about the time it takes for successful sm operation (EV/KP/TFB can be run in less)

2. Get 20 kills -or- 40 assists. Most matches I have been in, I have seen an avg of 3-6 kills and 8-10 assists. This would roughly equate to 3-4 matches worth of play time (unless you are good at it you could complete in 2 MAYBE 1 match, much like I am decent at PVP and able to run my toons through 8medal weekly very fast)

making it a requirement to HAVE to win leaves the individual with no control over the weekly mission and stuck in a never ending loop of losing matches like I was on one toon.

Again, I am not arguing or bashing your post, just leaving more food for thought.

Let's see how fast each weekly takes in a best case and average scenarios.

8 medals: I don't think I've ever spent more than 2 matches to get those medals, even when healing or on a mara. Best case, you can get it in like 6 minutes for most specs, some even faster. Worst case, it'll take about a half hour.

Ops: Let's say you do 1 full run and then start doing last boss lockouts, because let's be honest, last boss lockouts are forming all day all week. 1 full run shouldn't take anymore than an hour for most raids, and form up let's say is 15 minutes since they form pretty fast those weeks so 75 minutes at worst. When you just need to do a last boss, only takes like 20 minutes to form and kill.

MM FP: The absolute fastest way is by using stealthers through red reaper with a friend, and to get it on non-stealth toons, you just have them swap and zone in while 1 person stays in the instance. When done perfectly, it can be done in 6 minutes, though easily done in 10 minutes with 2 stealthers, give a few minutes for swapping, and let's say it's 12 minutes per run, 40 minutes for the mission, 32 minutes at best. If you have no stealthers, you can still do it pretty fast, but it'll probably take more like 20 minutes per run so 80 minutes for the mission. I'm not adding queue times for this since if you want to be efficient at all, you'll find a group capable of clearing a fp and stick with that for the entire weekly, advertising on fleet if you don't have guildies around is pretty quick.

GSF: 3 wins, each match takes roughly 15 minutes, let's say queue is quick and is 2 minutes, I don't play gsf so I don't know the exact queue times, but I doubt it's much faster than that. Even if you win all 3 matches, that's 51 minutes. Now what if you win roughly 50% of the time, but it goes win, loss, win, loss, win. 5 matches, or 85 minutes. That's even worse than a full op.

Best case scenarios, you've got 6 minutes for pvp, 20 minutes for ops, 32 minutes for fp, 51 minutes for gsf. It's pretty clear that gsf is by far the worst, and that pvp is by far the best. Even just changing to 4 matches/2 wins for both of those should even it out pretty well compared to the other 2, and would encourage people to stay for the full match.

Average scenarios, you've got 30 minutes for pvp (honestly this is much worse than average, but still better than all the rest), 80 minutes for fp, 75 minutes for ops, and 85 minutes for gsf. The spread isn't nearly as extreme as best case scenario, but the time for ops and fp are much more static when getting to worst case scenarios, where pvp really shouldn't take anymore than an hour even in the absolute worst case scenarios, and gsf can get far longer than the already longest 85 minutes if you simply don't have experience in gsf, which certainly doesn't entice people to try.

It isn't getting just 8 medals total in ground unranked warzones ... which is clearly something they can easily track over matches since they do it for Conquest anyway. Its getting them in a single match. It can be done in a loss, but often only for tanks, and only in something with lots of close quarters. I healed an ancient hypergate match that we won and still didn't have enough medals.

You're doing something wrong. I'm bad at PvP (not disastrously bad, but sufficiently ungood that I won't touch Ranked), and I got my eight medals defending "snow"(1) on Alderaan Civil War on a Gunnery Commando. I spent about two thirds of the WZ standing around doing nothing.

Actually, I'm wrong. I didn't get my eight medals. I got my fourteen medals, top of the medal ranking. When I do WZs, it's *normal* for me to get way more than eight medals on that Commando.

(1) Open area, not close quarters, and not a tank either.

Changing it from Win 3 to Play 3 or Play 6 would be a terrible decision. I get where you are coming from if GSF is not your thing but as someone who plays a lot of GSF (when I have time) I 100% believe the Win 3 is the way to go.

The reason for this is because of trolls who just suicide through matches or sit inactive not helping just so they can farm rewards. We had one guy who used a series of bots to ruin matches for both achievements and commendations on multiple accounts for over 6 months and despite tickets, private mails to producers, forum posts, screenshots and videos including those he posted himself bragging about his bot setup Bioware did absolutely nothing. After all those months when he got everything he wanted Bioware gave him a 3 day ban but let him keep everything and he's still playing the game.

He's definitely the worst person to of done this but he is not the only one. Without the "Win" requirement our matches would be flooded with suiciders and idlers. We can't vote kick them as you can in Warzones and now the queues are cross faction you can't even relog to the other side to punish them.

If there is such a big uproar about "we are so bad that winning 3 is impossible" then it would be far better to remove the GSF crystal mission altogether to avoid the match spoiling trolls that I mentioned.

Edited by UlaVii

The reason for this is because of trolls who just suicide through matches or sit inactive not helping just so they can farm rewards.

I didn't think sitting inactive in GSF was beneficial. Isn't there a mechanic in GSF that recognises inactivity and stops all your reward gains until you participate? Or are those afkers getting "free" rewards? I've got the "you are not participating" message pop up on the screen when I fly off to pick up one of those perks in battle matches ( I always thought it silly that they put some of those perks so far away from the battle so you automatically get that message, especially since I then use that perk to obliterate someone).

Whilst I'm not a GSF regular, I've made sure I have 5 decent ships to choose from so I stand a chance against the regular players. The three win requirement should remain however, I'd like to see auto-kick for people who don't contribute after a fixed short amount of time.

They sit inactive until they get the warning and then they suicide their ship by crashing into rocks/base ship or they fly straight into the middle of an enemy cluster. There is a vote kick option but not many people know about it and you can only use it after the system has given them the first warning. By the time you convince others to tick the vote option on the scoreboard they have usually died and reset the timer so the vote gets cancelled.

There is no chat text or popup like you get with a Flashpoint vote kick. The vote kick option is hidden on the team list panel which you only see pre-match or when you die. You can manually open it by pressing M but most don't know that. The way you vote kick is that once the person has received their idle warning they get a yellow circle next to their name. If you hover over that you see the tooltip about vote kicking. You then click the circle to give your vote.

Edited by UlaVii

I belive that the weekly rotation is pointless. Forcing people to do content they don't like has never been a good idea.

It should be a single same mission every week that completes when you get 1 of the four possible objectives. It works for "WBs or TR" and for "Queen Vet or SR" so why not for the other objectives.

I belive that the weekly rotation is pointless. Forcing people to do content they don't like has never been a good idea.

It should be a single same mission every week that completes when you get 1 of the four possible objectives. It works for "WBs or TR" and for "Queen Vet or SR" so why not for the other objectives.

+1 for this

I have some characters I would do the PvP on. Others I would do the Ops on. And possibly a couple I might even do the FPs on. Running 10 or more toons through each week it would be nice to mix it up and not do the same thing on each toon to get the crytsal.