Guild GONE!

SlaveV

I logged in yesterday to find my guild was completely gone. The guild consisted of only my wife and I and our alts. None of our toons are in the guild anymore. EVERYTHING IS GONE. I have not been very active lately, but have made it a point to log in on the guild master every couple weeks. As a matter of fact, I have a Republic guild (this one is Empire) that is set up the same way, and that guild is fine even though I log in on the same cycle. Guild master is the same on that guild, so I know it is not because I did not log in for too long... I need help. I submitted a ticket and they closed the ticket without helping. I am about to quit the game. I had way too much stuff on that guild to just lose EVERYTHING. Someone please help! :(

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, there is nobody on these forums who can help - the Bioware community team will direct you to raise an in-game ticket or to email support@swtor.com with the details of the problem (Guild name, faction, Guild leader's name, when you logged in to find the guild gone, the last time you know the Guild was present, and perhaps the inside leg measurement of the Guild leader).

It sucks that the guild is gone, and if the in-game ticket was reasonably written with no swearing, there should not be any reason to just close it without taking action. I which case, creating a new ticket or emailing support is what I would suggest.

Good luck!

>inb4 someone says "you should've prepared for it" :rolleyes:

i'm sorry this happened to you. that's even worse than what happened to me, although that makes me think that this could be another possibility if it wasn't in fact a guild ninja. all end results ******* suck either way :(

Edited by VaceDemon

i'm sorry this happened to you. that's even worse than what happened to me, although that makes me think that this could be another possibility if it wasn't in fact a guild ninja. all end results ******* suck either way :(

Nope...just nope. If OP is correct, then what happened to him is completely different than what happened to you. Same outcome, different reasons. OP's reason is, at the current time, unknown.

YOUR reason, however, was because YOU failed to log in. Remember your posts about that? You failed to log in, and then there were paragraphs and paragraphs of excuses as to why it was everyone else's fault, and how BW should change the system because YOU failed.

Completely different. :rolleyes:

Good luck, OP. I'd suggest you absolutely bomb them with tickets until they address your issue. That tactic has worked for me in the past.

I logged in yesterday to find my guild was completely gone. The guild consisted of only my wife and I and our alts. None of our toons are in the guild anymore. EVERYTHING IS GONE. I have not been very active lately, but have made it a point to log in on the guild master every couple weeks. As a matter of fact, I have a Republic guild (this one is Empire) that is set up the same way, and that guild is fine even though I log in on the same cycle. Guild master is the same on that guild, so I know it is not because I did not log in for too long... I need help. I submitted a ticket and they closed the ticket without helping. I am about to quit the game. I had way too much stuff on that guild to just lose EVERYTHING. Someone please help! :(

Sorry this happened but it sounds like you missed the login window. Maybe CS can help but if you did miss it most likely not.

The likelihood is that you did just miss the required login window. Keep in mind that you can't just log on to any alt; it specifically has to be the guild master toon.

I am sorry this happened to you though, OP.

Shouldn't have effected very much if he missed the window b/c "The guild consisted of only my wife and I and our alts." and it would have gone to his wife.

Shouldn't have effected very much if he missed the window b/c "The guild consisted of only my wife and I and our alts." and it would have gone to his wife.

This. My friend and I have a guild that's just us and it constantly swaps between the 2 of us when one hasn't played for a bit.

Are you 100% sure there was no one else in the guild? If so, has your wifes account been compromised?

As was said already, the email support should hopefully be able to help. If not I'd take it further. Although I'm not sure who'd be next up. The community managers here aren't the best, you could try twitter, a bit of public exposure might help your case.

your case is different, you had other people in your guild, and you didn't log in. Use all the excuses you want, that won't change the fact. you can't equate what happened to him & you

your case is different, you had other people in your guild, and you didn't log in. Use all the excuses you want, that won't change the fact. you can't equate what happened to him & you

not exactly different when my guild could've also disappeared in the same manner. regardless it doesn't change much because I came back to the game with the guild gone as well. others in my thread raised other concerns. it might not have been a ninja, it could've been someone else who came back and just disbanded, or it could've been something like this cause when I left I was the only active member left.

as far as OP contacting CS is concerned, another similarity is that he like me is most likely SOL. CS cannot restore disbanded or "deleted" guilds like characters AFAIK. once a guild is gone its gone and you can't get it back.

Edited by VaceDemon

as far as OP contacting CS is concerned, another similarity is that he like me is most likely SOL. CS cannot restore disbanded or "deleted" guilds like characters AFAIK. once a guild is gone its gone and you can't get it back.

In your case they probably can, it's more along the lines of, they won't. Becuase of the issues that could arise when there are other involved.

But in the OP's case, if it were just himself and his wife, and the guild bugged out, i'm sure they can resolve it. After all, it's just code. Might not be easy, but should be possible.

In the "minds" of some people...ninja = someone who happened to log in. :rolleyes:

Should've taken care of your own guild, bro! Wherever it is now, it's clearly in better hands...even if it's been disbanded.

You didn't read the first post properly, there's only him and his wife, both are gone from the guild, so something probably bugged out, or one acc got hacked, or something like that. Assuming the op was telling the full story. Either way, CS hopefully will sort it out.

The other poster who had his own thread, well that was his own fault, so your comment works for him ;)

You didn't read the first post properly, there's only him and his wife, both are gone from the guild, so something probably bugged out, or one acc got hacked, or something like that. Assuming the op was telling the full story. Either way, CS hopefully will sort it out.

The highlighted section is of some importance to this case.

It sort of reminds me of the time a guildmate (in another game) got his account hacked "out of the blue, for no reason" - his words. Turned out he had been visiting a lot of shady websites trying to find info on soloing bosses, and surprise, surprise... ! 🙂

It would be interesting to know if there actually were any other members of the guild other than their alts, and/or if one of the accounts was hacked.

I feel for the OP, but maybe it's possible that one of the patches caused a glitch. Also, it's possible the GM role was switched during inactivity without OP knowing it so he logged into the wrong character. I wouldn't necessarily trust human memory on this unless they were playing consistently but he already said he wasn't.

Really sorry to hear that this happened though, remember that everything can be built back.

I understand this is what OP claims. If that is true, and it's a bizarre bug, CS can -- and likely will -- pretty easily handle it.

The more likely solution, imho, is that there was more than just two people in the guild, and OP got unlucky with logging in in time.

The other poster who had his own thread, well that was his own fault, so your comment works for him ;)

Nope...actually, you didn't read my post properly. My comments were directed not at the OP, but at the person whining all over the forums about a "guild ninja," who apparently had the unmitigated gall to actually log in to the game.

The OP of this thread, assuming his account of the details is accurate, is completely different than the "guild ninja" nonsensical whining...and I've said that all along.

Hopefully that clears things up for you. Thanks for playing!

I seem to vaguely recall there being a glitch that could cause one to appear unguilded, but it happened to me too long ago to remember whether it affected one or more/all characters, though I believe the matter resolved itself. Here's to hoping it is/was something temporary like that.

Any alternate scenario I can think of would still require GM status to be lost due to inactivity.