BW, You Rock

Tipkaee

So i lead alot of threads and topics against BW as i disagreed with a large amount of what they did. But after looking at the Dev tracker, it obvious they have the players still in mind.

General Discussion -> Win a Life-Sized Figure of Darth Malgus

Starting today and continuing until May 11th, 2012, individuals who have registered accounts with http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com will be able to enter for a chance to win a life-sized figure of Darth Malgus, valued at nearly $6,000. To enter, make your way to the Sideshow Collectible’s contest page, and fill out their general contest form with your name, address, phone number and email. Remember to use the same email address that you used to register your Star Wars: The Old Republic account! If you do not yet have an account on http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com, you can create one by clicking the “Sign Up” button at the upper-right corner of the browser window and following the simple steps that follow.

Due to the unexpected extended maintenance today, we are going to be offering every player a full day of game time as compensation. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you for your patience.

In addition, we have now identified all players who were affected by this error, and as compensation an extra three days of game time will be added to their current subscriptions. These three days will be credited to affected accounts by Tuesday, April 17th.

This isn't a direct quote, but nearly everyone who has a 50, got 30 days of gametime for free

So ill leave with this. BW its obvious you care, sorry the patch had some hiccups, but a large part of the community appreciates what you all do. Keep at it, ill keep subbing.

-Tipakee

*EDIT: For all you people that still want to be negative, this is my first BW game I've ever played. I'm truly a Blizzard fanboy, and I've never played WOW.

Edited by Tipkaee

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone complaining has no idea what they are even talking about, this game has ENORMOUS amounts of code that you can't even imagine. To find a glitch and fix it could take forever. What they did with the game time is very nice of them and 1.2 made the game amazing. So before you come around and yell in caps consider how hard their job is, I'm a programmer and I can appreciate what they've done, and I say thanks to you Bioware. Edited by iAutomatik

So i lead alot of threads and topics against BW as i disagreed with a large amount of what they did. But after looking at the Dev tracker, it obvious they have the players still in mind.

So ill leave with BW its obvious you care, sorry the patch had some hiccups, but a large part of the community appreciates what you all do. Keep at it, ill keep subbing.

-Tipakee

Gonna frame this.. Probably the only thing in the forums that says anything positive about BW :o

Anyone complaining has no idea what they are even talking about, this game has ENORMOUS amounts of code that you can't even imagine. To find a glitch and fix it could take forever. What they did with the game time is very nice of them and 1.2 made the game amazing. So before you come around and yell in caps consider how hard their job is, I'm a programmer and I can appreciate what they've done and, and I say thanks to you Bioware.

stop with the sympathy please, anyone defending the performance of this company this week is completely delusional - if they couldnt handle the task they shouldnt have signed the contract, its that simple.

Edited by BossJawa

Why does everyone presume it is the gametime that matters? I have money, what I don't have is time to play.

Maybe if I could get Bioware to pay me a days work and I can have the day off next week.

Ofc I am joking, but BW does not 'rock' because they are sticking 1 day onto our subs.

stop with the sympathy please, anyone defending the performance of this company this week is completely delusional - if they couldnt handle the task they shouldnt have signed the contract, its that simple.

What task are you talking about? Making a game that their customers like? Well they seem to have done it and then there are the whiny people that complain ALL the time. The game is good, better than most new releases can say they accomplished. And with 1.2 out the game is much better now. I like the game and many other people do also, and honestly you are giving Bioware too hard of a time, give the game time to get better if you want it to be better than it is now and stop complaining on the forums. /endrant

What task are you talking about? Making a game that their customers like? Well they seem to have done it and then there are the whiny people that complain ALL the time. The game is good, better than most new releases can say they accomplished. And with 1.2 out the game is much better now. I like the game and many other people do also, and honestly you are giving Bioware too hard of a time, give the game time to get better if you want it to be better than it is now and stop complaining on the forums. /endrant

so what you say, everyone who likes the game is right and everyone who complaines is wrong and is a whiner?

with 1.2? sorry, i cant play 1.2 right now. but i heard it has rated warzones, are they fun?

give the game time? really? how long will people use "it is new" "give it time" as excuse for such a fail?

i should STOP complaining to make the game better? im sorry, thats so damn stupid, a product will never improve without critic.

Edited by Leadros

So ill leave with BW its obvious you care, sorry the patch had some hiccups, but a large part of the community appreciates what you all do. Keep at it, ill keep subbing.

-Tipakee

Care in what way? you think they care about you or me? NO, they just do not want to lose more subs than they already have, these free days etc are just damage limitation and has nothing to do with them caring.

I know that these hick-ups and issues can occur, but when I read that I cannot play today anymore but tomorrow is a really bad timing....

Today is the only time I could play because the rest of the weekend my time is spend on boring homework and work. So I am naturally a bit pissed.

Ofcourse it's good that BW is compensating with a extra day playtime but still.

I R MAD BRO!

It really is friday the 13th afterall! And so I believe in bad luck.

Time to kill some rabbits for their foots, and get myself a horse shoe!

Edit: to the people who complain about that BW doesn't care for it's players are thinking in rage and not with clear mind.

Game developers (MOST) do CARE about their players. Ofcourse they make games for a living and want/need money from us, customers, but ALL companies do. And ofcourse they don't want to lose subs, but they do try to have alot of subs to be one of the best, but in order to do that they need to make the game for your liking, this they do by thinking about what they would like to be in game, what they think would be fun for us.

Game developers have a passion to do these things. If you do not have passion for it then you are not accepted into the company.

Stop saying that they don't care, they do. You guys clearly don't know them. And they try their best.

Edited by Mythic_MK_II

The thing that's funny, almost every game has had these hiccups. I remember back when LOTRO was just coming out, they did a content release, and the patch did pretty much what is happening here. Turbine, one of the biggest game companies btw, gave us Scented Candles for our characters. If you aren't a coder, and you don't know exactly everything about making an MMO, you really have no idea what you are talking about. Mistakes happen, computer programming isn't perfect. Are you perfect, do you never make mistakes of any kind? Didn't think so. There is a saying, He without sin, cast the first stone.. Give Bioware some time, and if you don't want to, then unsub. This game isn't going away just because of a few hiccups.

Buhahaha, boy you are naive. They ****ed most of this game, lost too many subs and thats why they give us free time. They would tore your chest and pull the heart for profit. Thats just business. It will be great f2p game though. If they will be able to provide more stories, that is.

No game has ever released that big of a patch without having to go back an fix something ever. I'm not a fanboi just stating a fact. Be lucky they did it now instead of waiting for another patch like most other MMO's.

^epic and accurate

Epic and accurate in what way exactly? Oh, you mean like most every other MMO when they have severe patch downtime and basically tell you to "**** off" and not give you any compensation for your play time wasted? Yeah...

Anyway, I'm not going anywhere. Been playing since June of last year in closed beta and the game keeps getting better all the time. Looking forward to 1.2 really releasing and future.

Buhahaha, boy you are naive. They ****ed most of this game, lost too many subs and thats why they give us free time. They would tore your chest and pull the heart for profit. Thats just business. It will be great f2p game though. If they will be able to provide more stories, that is.

You clearly don't know who they, personally. You imagine them being all evil with a cat on their legs, petting them, and laughing at this.

Bioware, im with you! i know you'll turn things around, you're obviously new to mmos and unfortunately you have to deal with people who have played wow for years, and rerolled this game and have the same expectations after 6 months, however there are those of us who are not morons.

If this game came first, it would have the same amount of fanboys as wow has, and it would have many years headstart, it would be the same thing.

Keep it up.