Why lock 8 man raids out from Tier 2 boots?

I thought that Bioware has gone on and on that 8 man raids will be viable and will be able to obtain any gear from such raids.

Then why is it that we are locked out from getting Tier 2 Campaign Boots?

My guild consists of friends and we have about 10 active raiders, we always have 8 for our raids and weve cleared everything so far (working on HM Denova), but we are finding it too big of a pain to get people to do the Nightmare Pilgrim.

First everyone needs to grind the daily comms (hey some people dont like dailies) Second, we do not want to pug a possible 4-8 people and have everyone free roll on the TWO tokens that drop, which would lead us to having to bring new people every week for this fight.

I can't believe how stupid it is of them to first make this guy a world boss, then second make him the only one that drops the Tier 2 boots. :mad:

Just a wild guess but I'm going to assume that there will be campaign stuff available when the next Operation comes out. Stop complaining until you actually have cleared HM Denova + have all the currently available armor from it. Edited by TheRealCandyMan

Yeah think its a bit early to be complaining about this.

Sure it might make the content go a little smoother if you had access to it but its not a game breaker and as you guys get more gear you probably wont even notice.

My advice. Just buy some blackhole gear and slap the mods on your rakata boots.

Its not like you cant buy BH boots strip the mods and put them in columi/rakata gear for the same exact effect.

But ya on the face our 8m HM guild has trouble finding another guild equipt enough and ready for pilgrim.

Edited by Thegriss

I agree, having a 16-man world boss that is the only way to get set boots was terrible design. It forces 8-man guilds to find another to team up with, organizing each other's schedules and trying to find a time they can work together to kill the boss. This can be done but it's a pain to organize. Not only that, but then the fight requires each person to have an item that takes daily comms to get, and while I don't think preparation for a fight is a bad thing necessarily, I can't say it's a good thing to make mandatory.

I just did the simple thing and said screw it by buying the Black Hole boots. If we ever do it great, and I'd like a chance to do the fight for the simple fun factor, but they've got to make the content more accessible. World bosses should be less about preparation and more about just attempting it, with no need to dumb down the difficulty of the fight.

I agree, having a 16-man world boss that is the only way to get set boots was terrible design. It forces 8-man guilds to find another to team up with, organizing each other's schedules and trying to find a time they can work together to kill the boss. This can be done but it's a pain to organize. Not only that, but then the fight requires each person to have an item that takes daily comms to get, and while I don't think preparation for a fight is a bad thing necessarily, I can't say it's a good thing to make mandatory.

I just did the simple thing and said screw it by buying the Black Hole boots. If we ever do it great, and I'd like a chance to do the fight for the simple fun factor, but they've got to make the content more accessible. World bosses should be less about preparation and more about just attempting it, with no need to dumb down the difficulty of the fight.

You don't need the daily comms to get the stim to do this fight. One person can craft them for the entire group.

We are an 8 man guild and we formed this raid up two weeks in a row with another guild and 3 tries and it bugged out . couldn't do it rest of the week. Then next week 1 try and it bugged out. Awesome. Still not fixed btw. Also btw you can craft the stims. The recipe is on the same vender you buy stims for coms.

For the same reason Tier 1 implants didn't drop out of HM KP and EV. So they could add it to content later.

Because you bought them with daily comms? They're not adding Campaign boots in the next tier, rofl.

Because you bought them with daily comms? They're not adding Campaign boots in the next tier, rofl.

You can get campaign boots off Nightmare Pilgrim. In both cases, there are alternative means to aquire the gear and will likely be added as an early/storemode drop of some future flashpoint or operation. I like the rofl comment when you don't know *** you're talking about.

It's your "opinion" that 16 man is an unreasonable way to get it just as it was my "opinion" that dailies across 3 alts was too time consuming to get the Rakata implants before Denova came out. Wait and it'll be more easy to achieve - for now they want to make incentives to do different things.

Edited by dcgregorya

You can get campaign boots off Nightmare Pilgrim. In both cases, there are alternative means to aquire the gear and will likely be added as an early/storemode drop of some future flashpoint or operation. I like the rofl comment when you don't know *** you're talking about.

It's your "opinion" that 16 man is an unreasonable way to get it just as it was my "opinion" that dailies across 3 alts was too time consuming to get the Rakata implants before Denova came out. Wait and it'll be more easy to achieve - for now they want to make incentives to do different things.

What? Are you even talking about the same thing I am? You said they added Rakata ear/implant to Denova because they weren't in EV/KP (8 or 16, for your argument's sake). Oh look, they have them for sale on the dailiy comms vendor! Takes a little over 2 weeks (15 days to be exact) to farm up all 3 pieces for your upgrades. Not too much of a hassle! But wait! They're also BoE?? Okay! I'll buy them from the GTN instead because I hate doing dailies!!

Now let's compare that to: Nightmare Pilgrim, the only source of Campaign boots. Requires 16 competent raiders to complete. Hm... Can't get from dailies.. Can't buy on the GTN.. HMMMM..

Yeah, sorry bro, totally the same thing. There will DEFINITELY be Campaign boots dropping in 8 man Tier 3 (but not 16, because they already got them silly goose).

I also have no idea how you gathered I was unaware as the the source of Campaign boots, I was one of the few who actually saw the loot on PTS. Better luck next time, try thinking about peoples' posts (actually read them, and understand the context) before posting next time.

Edit - After seeing a couple of your other posts in the FP/Op section, I'm going to go ahead and assume you're actually a troll. You may just be terribly misinformed, and if that's the case then I hope I've cleared some things up for you. Best of luck getting your boots next tier though!

Edited by arnoldlol

There is a myriad of things stopping eight man raids from getting the best of the loot; the class stacking required to kill the current version of Warlord Kephess, needing 16 to the campaign boots(you can make equivalent with black hole/augmented pieces but still don't have the set bonus - so you would need the other 4 set pieces for most ACs) and of course that the mechanics and health balance between eight and sixteen has never been equal since launch.

All of this aside, my guild is trying our best to recruit someone at a similar playtime to do it, only to be blocked by the bug of raids failing at Pilgrim before us or bugging it in some way that the stone is unclickeble for the rest of the week.

Edited by Dyslexicon

Lots of nerd rage!!!

5char

TL;DR - Suck it up or wait until its available from other sources. Clearly that's trolling instead of just telling it like it is, maybe we should all QQ about how it isn't gifted to you when you turn 50. I didn't say the daily vendor is the same thing as nightmare pilgrim, I said it's the same idea (getting people to do different stuff than 8 man raids over and over).

Edited by dcgregorya
clarification

5char

TL;DR - Suck it up or wait until its available from other sources. Clearly that's trolling instead of just telling it like it is, maybe we should all QQ about how it isn't gifted to you when you turn 50.

Definite troll. Good luck with your 8 mans!

What? Are you even talking about the same thing I am? You said they added Rakata ear/implant to Denova because they weren't in EV/KP (8 or 16, for your argument's sake). Oh look, they have them for sale on the dailiy comms vendor! Takes a little over 2 weeks (15 days to be exact) to farm up all 3 pieces for your upgrades. Not too much of a hassle! But wait! They're also BoE?? Okay! I'll buy them from the GTN instead because I hate doing dailies!! !

Someone can't count. It takes ~10 days to get all 3. God forbid someone actually be accurate about something. It's cool bro, I understand. Your epeen was in the way.

I'm willing to bet its because they ran out of bosses to put them on in the operation, which kinda begs the question - why limit it to 4 bosses? I agree its very, very frustrating to have to scrape together another 8 people to kill a boss that doesn't even spawn half the time. Although, I have a feeling that instead of adding tier 3 next patch they'll just build on this one by adding another operation which also drops rakata / campaign gear at around the same time they add nightmare mode in. That way the new gear for nightmare mode which seems to be the datamined hazmat set can be more evenly spread across the two operations like it was in tier 1, rather than just dumping it all in the same one as it is now.

But sadly I'm probably wrong about this as this actually makes sense from a design standpoint. Non the less its just pure speculation on my part in regards to interviews shortly before 1.2 came out, the datamined gear and the leaks over at torhead. For all I know the PvE "content" in 1.3 could be the flashpoint finder and only the flashpoint finder. Only time will tell I suppose.

Someone can't count. It takes ~10 days to get all 3. God forbid someone actually be accurate about something. It's cool bro, I understand. Your epeen was in the way.

You are of course assuming you do every daily (heroics included) and space mission that gives commendations. I tend to spend my time raiding when I'm on, not 3 hours a day running daily missions. Anyway, point being, just because it's a PITA now doesn't mean it'll be a PITA 3 months from now. For now get another guild to help you.

When the implants were relevant, it was 25/day if you did all your dailies. Assuming the two on Ilum weren't bugged. Nice try though.

You are of course assuming you do every daily (heroics included) and space mission that gives commendations. I tend to spend my time raiding when I'm on, not 3 hours a day running daily missions. Anyway, point being, just because it's a PITA now doesn't mean it'll be a PITA 3 months from now. For now get another guild to help you.

Space missions weren't included in the estimation and your perceptions of my intentions are not my intentions. Perception of reality =/= reality.. I'm not going to be some CKN nub and say l2play because it takes you 3 hours, but you should start figuring out ways to do it faster.

I would watch whom you are talking to. The members of Cali Killed Nox know what they're talking about.

On that note, if you want the gear you'll have to run dalies, that was the status quo in 1.0.

Here, one piece of gear is gotten solely by killing NM Pilgrim, which means you'll have to get a group of 16. There are many ways to do this: have 16 members, group with another guild, group with multiple guilds. If you want it bad enough you'll make it happen. It does suck that our servers are all so small. This really does hinder people finding enough active, geared people to do it.

That is a valid point that OP has brought up. We found a work around by teaming up with another 8m guild to do Nightmare Pilgrim together and spread the loot equally.

Thanks Dulfy! Yeah weve tried to group with another 8m guild but just getting everyone on at same time and everyone geared with the item, wanting to share the loot and the boss currently bugged out is a big problem.

Iam hoping in 1.3 the new FP will be hard like Lost Island and drop the T2 Campaign boots at the end.