Level Sync needs an Off Button! : ).

Ryosa

Please add an option to turn off the Level Sync feature.

So many people are unhappy with this. I can understand if someone chooses to revisit old content and wants to level on said planet, but it should be exactly that.. a ( choice ). Forcing this on us is the first time I've considered leaving the game. In a sense it's like taking away my right to the levels I've earned and the time I've spent. There

have been several posts about the negative effects and I have one more to add....

Devs please read this...

1. Supposedly helps even out pvp ( LOL )

When you level sync your at the top lvl for that planet and you retain all special and passive abilities for your

character, which means if there's actually a low level player working through quests your going to destroy him in pvp, which solves nothing and does not add any balance. Prior to this change if a player was really being harassed, I at level 60 could go to that planet and watch his back for a while so he could finish questing and it was actually a cool part of the community that is being taken away. Just add an OFF SWITCH.

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know, I for one think its cool. I was still crushing the NPCs on illum but it was a bit more challenging.

I have always supported a more lateral progression though because I hate to lose old content but now with all old flashpoints being 65 we can visit everything with more challenge. The planetary quests are a great way to pass the time now while waiting for ques

Edited by kirorx

They reworked every planetary heroic in the game with appropriate currency/credit rewards...giving people the opportunity to turn off level sync would completely invalidate that whole process. Even with level sync, I'm still annihilating everything so I don't see why people are having such an issue with this.

I was not happy about this change until I actually tried it last night. I did all the Heroic quests on Tattoine solo and it was faceroll easy, and I got about 300k for about an hours work. Now I see why they lowered the credit drop from NPCs.

As always I link this post:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=8479030&postcount=160

Also, as it turned out after trying the actual level-sync, you bads are still OP and you can still faceroll content on low level planets. Nothing has changed. What you get extra is adequate credits and experience for doing something in the game. Nothing to complain about.

You kept your right to the level, you still have all stories and abilities unlocked that came with your level. Anyhow, "the right to level" sounds so silly that I encourage you to come up with something smarter next time you post a suggestion.

Edited by PavSalco

You roll over mobs anyway, you just don't do it with single hit, so no farming and no bots.

Lowbies aren't a mere insects and can actually a gank up on you and chase you away.

There is no downside to level scaling unless you're lowbie griefer or gold farmer.

They reworked every planetary heroic in the game with appropriate currency/credit rewards...giving people the opportunity to turn off level sync would completely invalidate that whole process. Even with level sync, I'm still annihilating everything so I don't see why people are having such an issue with this.

My guess is they're upset they have to actually fight stuff.

Which I still blow through, so I like you, don't see what the problem is.

This 1000 times over. The game is already insanely easy. It is not changing. There have been several polls on the topic and the MAJORITY is fine with it. Deal with it guys.

EDIT -

WOW I just read the rest of the thread and not a single person is on board with your idea. It is amazing how people have come around after actually experiencing the reworked content.

Edited by Jnaathra

You roll over mobs anyway, you just don't do it with single hit, so no farming and no bots.

Lowbies aren't a mere insects and can actually a gank up on you and chase you away.

There is no downside to level scaling unless you're lowbie griefer or gold farmer.

You seriously under estimate bots if you think they can't handle these still facerollable mobs.

There are two major things that changed with level sync.

You can't solo world bosses (oh no!! Now I have to find a group!! /sarcasm)

And it takes a bit longer to get through things you were doing last week.

Those two things are good things. And if you have a lowbie friend getting ganked.....you can still bring your 60 and fight the ganker I mean there isn't any difference. You will both be level sync'ed.

The responses being hostile towards the OP is ironically similar to any new feature where people are quick to praise the developers rather than hear others out. I've seen some posts which have been downright hostile, rude and condescending because they don't know how to deal with people who have differing opinions.

Personally I'm apprehensive about this new change. From a lore perspective I take my Jedi Knight into Tython after engaging in numerous wars, fighting countless evil and spanning the galaxy being a master above all and all of a sudden I'm now only slightly stronger than a flesh raider? The same flesh raiders newbie padawans destroy? Satele Shan sneezes and wipes out an entire legion of them yet I'm only a few levels above them now. Or does she also level synce?

Also I enjoyed helping lowbies out with quests and heroic quests, I retained this sense of impressive power as my blade whirls around in this thunderous boom and enemies drop, having this sense that my character REALLY is all powerful.

Third keeping your actual level intact gave the game a sense of pure open world immersive planets. But now I have a hard time feeling like my character is actually becoming more powerful, rather I'm bound by this imaginary planetary force which limits my strength. On Quesh it could make sense but Coruscant?

I'll keep an open mind and see how things play out but initial thoughts aren't very high for this change.

So they wasted all that development time reworking something that didn't need to be changed because gamers were already having fun there so they could put out this new grind that turns out is really no harder than what we had in the first place.

Another company trying to fix something that wasn't broken and screwing it up in the process.

And all done so you could grind one group for access to companions then another grind to make the companion like you. A grind within a grind. I can tell you no one ever asked for that garbage. Add in the down leveling just to make it more tediousness and it just sucks a bit more.

Edited by Quraswren

Prior to this change if a player was really being harassed, I at level 60 could go to that planet and watch his back for a while so he could finish questing and it was actually a cool part of the community that is being taken away.

No... That ability is still there. A synced-60 (or 65) is still an effective bodyguard because you know that you're going to be facing other synced players.

It's actually even easier to act as a bodyguard, because now you don't even need to have a max-level bodyguard. Two at-level players can hold their own against one synced-max-level attacker. That's how its evening out PvP. Before, you needed to match-or-exceed (within some tolerance) the attackers level in order to have any chance of simply hitting them. A group of four at-level characters would still get slaughtered by just one max-level attacker.

That's not the case anymore.

Personally I'm apprehensive about this new change. From a lore perspective I take my Jedi Knight into Tython after engaging in numerous wars, fighting countless evil and spanning the galaxy being a master above all and all of a sudden I'm now only slightly stronger than a flesh raider? The same flesh raiders newbie padawans destroy? Satele Shan sneezes and wipes out an entire legion of them yet I'm only a few levels above them now. Or does she also level synce?.

This is getting old and this lore claim doesn't get less illogical than it used to, really man.

So before you could be a level 47 Darth on Corellia and you could take up 20 Jedi Masters on Alderaan at once but you were beaten up by a mere droid on Corellia. Now that makes perfect sense, indeed A very interesting lore, indeed. How about beating the crap out of the member of the Dark Council while a wild tiny lizard on Makeb dealt more damage to you than that member.

Personally I'm apprehensive about this new change. From a lore perspective I take my Jedi Knight into Tython after engaging in numerous wars, fighting countless evil and spanning the galaxy being a master above all and all of a sudden I'm now only slightly stronger than a flesh raider? The same flesh raiders newbie padawans destroy?

Have you actually tried this? Like... really actually tried it?

I sent a level 20 Operative down to Hutta for a Bounty and annihilated everything in my path without taking any noteworthy damage. I could one-shot mobs with a few different abilities. I spent a couple minutes on Tython with a lowly Level 15 shadow and had zero troubles with flesh raiders. I didn't feel "slightly stronger". I felt like a martial arts master picking fights with children.

How much easier do you need the fights to be?

Also I enjoyed helping lowbies out with quests and heroic quests, I retained this sense of impressive power as my blade whirls around in this thunderous boom and enemies drop, having this sense that my character REALLY is all powerful.

And you still have that ability. You still feel horribly overpowered... but now, you don't undermine your buddies XP gain and they actually get to take part in the killing.

This is getting old and this lore claim doesn't get less illogical than it used to, really man.

So before you could be a level 47 Darth on Corellia and you could take up 20 Jedi Masters on Alderaan at once but you were beaten up by a mere droid on Corellia. Now that makes perfect sense, indeed A very interesting lore, indeed. How about beating the crap out of the member of the Dark Council while a wild tiny lizard on Makeb dealt more damage to you than that member.

Exactly right, we face stronger and stronger enemies which makes us stronger and enemies of old are no match for us anymore. Now I fly to Alderaan and have stayed at the same power level no matter how much training and experience I get which to me is ridiculous.

Or how about I fly to Alderaan and am as strong as the house guards, then fly to Tython were all of a sudden I'm equal to flesh raiders and then fly to Coruscant where I'm now equal to The Justicars.

Now THATS illogical.

Exactly right, we face stronger and stronger enemies which makes us stronger and enemies of old are no match for us anymore. Now I fly to Alderaan and have stayed at the same power level no matter how much training and experience I get which to me is ridiculous.

That's... not true.

You're going to be notably more powerful as a level 60 synced to 32 than as a normal level 32 player.

All your bonuses from abilities apply. Passives apply. Ability upgrades are still there, they just have their damage scaled down.

@ Malastare

I've stated in my first post I'm remaining open minded about the change but my initial thoughts are negative, and yes I have went into lower levels and experienced the changes although it's skewed as my companion is now so grossly overpowered, as a matter of fact my companions in level sync are close to double my hp and power even with me having upper end gear.

I still think the ones who are against this are the ones who didn't try it yet. You can get so much stuff. xp, credits, rewards and still be blazing through it all. It's a win win situation. It's not anything like the doomsayers predicted.