Are there any biochem recipes worthy of trying to get a crit?

CptKloss

from Reverse Engineering.... i am just getting to the end-game, and i see all these rattaka reusable stuff covering pretty much all your needs... is there a point in spending all the time needed to get purples from RE to get non-reusable stims/pots? Is there anything else worth my effort?

So I assume anything worth your effort needs to benefit your one end-game toon? If so, then probably not.

If, however, you want it to benefit other people or your other toons there's a lot you could be bothered with. But since I don't think that's the answer you're looking for I won't elaborate.

So I assume anything worth your effort needs to benefit your one end-game toon? If so, then probably not.

If, however, you want it to benefit other people or your other toons there's a lot you could be bothered with. But since I don't think that's the answer you're looking for I won't elaborate.

yeah pretty much - there's cost/benefit here as well to be considered.... that said, i do plan ot have alts... supplying them with some good thru death - persistent pots may be in the picture...but...overall i was really hoping for a different anwser than: "all biochem stuff is useless crap, other than 2-3 reusable items, so you do your share of hard moeds and be done with the whole profession"

yeah pretty much - there's cost/benefit here as well to be considered.... that said, i do plan ot have alts... supplying them with some good thru death - persistent pots may be in the picture...but...overall i was really hoping for a different anwser than: "all biochem stuff is useless crap, other than 2-3 reusable items, so you do your share of hard moeds and be done with the whole profession"

I gave you a different answer. All biochem stuff ISN'T useless crap. If you want to see it from a very narrow point of view that's how you're going to see it.

from Reverse Engineering.... i am just getting to the end-game, and i see all these rattaka reusable stuff covering pretty much all your needs... is there a point in spending all the time needed to get purples from RE to get non-reusable stims/pots? Is there anything else worth my effort?

I have found it worth the effort cause everyone is taking bio-chem for the med packs but don't want to put the effort into RE-ing them its easy to make some creds from the re-usable items

I have found it worth the effort cause everyone is taking bio-chem for the med packs but don't want to put the effort into RE-ing them its easy to make some creds from the re-usable items

i dont get it... can you RE reusable stuff and get even better reusable?

Yea because sending my ALT an constant supply of Artifact quality implants with the exact stats he needs for every level bracket available is useless!

Seriously if you can send back the Purple Implants at the correct levels and always have the next `level braket`available for your alt, you will simply not find better gear without trying hard.

Implants are good - 2 slots taken care of, but again limited use - how many alts are you going to have? 3 max? and go thru all the trouble of trying to crit appropriate implant for each bracket, when you can just get something 10% weaker from AH for 1/100 of effort involved in making it yourself. If you're really that involved, fine...but that's not really a benefit per se, just an alternative avenue... if you like to inflict a lot of pain on yourself for a little reward.

Implants are good - 2 slots taken care of, but again limited use - how many alts are you going to have? 3 max? and go thru all the trouble of trying to crit appropriate implant for each bracket, when you can just get something 10% weaker from AH for 1/100 of effort involved in making it yourself. If you're really that involved, fine...but that's not really a benefit per se, just an alternative avenue... if you like to inflict a lot of pain on yourself for a little reward.

Crafting has NEVER been the easy way to play video games. Depending on the game you can usually make 5x-20x more money in half the time. In this game that is undoubtedly true, even though there are plenty of credits to be had for crafters. People that like to craft do it for a variety of reasons but less effort and involvement are probably not on anyone's list.

And this is a video game. The "rewards" are all just imaginary. The pursuit is the point, is it not?

What else are you going to do with your money and your companions' time?

Crafting is just an optional minigame that requires minimal effort on your part and spends credits that really have no better use anyway. It takes such little effort on your part (a few mouse-clicks every few minutes) that it doesn't even have to be very fun to justify doing it imo.