2.0.1 Promised Crew Skill fixes

SuperGrunt

Hello again everyone,

The weekend is upon us! We've been listening to your feedback, and I wanted to be sure to give you folks an update about where we currently stand with regards to the various Crew Skill issues you're seeing.

As I stated in my last update, Patch 2.0.1 will contain a number of Crew Skill fixes:

• Tier 23 and 26 Armstech Augments now have the correct crafting times.
  • Arkanian Relics will now be listed in the correct category in the Artifice Crafting Window.
  • Successful Gathering Missions above level 400+ will now provide more crafting materials.
  • Increased the number of Bio-Mechanical Interface Chips and Thermal Regulators provided as rewards for level 400+ Slicing missions.

You can expect to see these on Tuesday, though if anything changes, I'll let you know.

Additionally, we are aware of various issues with Crafting Skills. While I am not currently able to give you any solid time frame on these yet, here are our plans to address them:

1. Armormech

• Reduction of cost for all Premium quality Medium & Heavy items
  • Reduction in the amount of blue Underworld Metals are needed for some schematics

2. Synthweaving:

• Reduction of cost for all Premium quality Light, Medium & Heavy items
  • Reduction in the amount of Prototype Underworld Trading items are needed for some schematics

3. Scavenging:

• Hollinium will no longer be acquirable through doing missions
  • The value of Hollinium will be slightly increased to compensate players their credits lost on those missions

4. Archaeology

• Perfect Carbonic Crystal will no longer be acquirable through doing missions
  • The value of Perfect Carbonic Crystal will be slightly increased to compensate players their credits lost on those missions

5. Cybertech:

• Reduction of cost for all Premium quality Earpieces
  • Reduction in the amount of Prototype Underworld Metals are needed for some earpiece schematics

6. Biochem:

• The resource costs for all 401-450 crafted items will all be rebalanced to require a variety of all four Premium quality Bioanalysis materials:
    • Metabolic Enhancement Agent
    • Biological Compounding Chemical
    • Artificial Microbe
    • Virial Residue

[*]The resource cost of items requiring Prototype and Artifact Medical Materials will be standardized for all Biochem schematics

As we implement, test, and schedule these changes, I'll be proving you with more updates.

Finally, to address a couple of things that are not above, specifically Slicing Lockbox returns and the abundance of Armormech Glove Schematics from Underworld Trading, we are aware of the reports, and they are still being researched.

Thanks again to everyone for assistance and understanding while we actively work to iron out the kinks our Elder Game Crew Skills!

~Amber

Just wondering when these promised fixes are going to be pushed to the Live servers?

The second part of that list is for the future. Re read it and you see they plan to make those changes but no timetable on it.

I am asking WHEN we are going to be getting these promised changes. I did not need to have the fact that the second part was for the future pointed out to me, I have been reading since I was in Kindergarten and being 33 yo now, I can safely say that I have some experience reading, thanks though.

Edited by SuperGrunt

Where's Artifice changes? I want more Crystals and Enhancments for inbetween 15 - 30 or so...

There are plenty there, and they are mostly there for you to get to the higher tiers of crafting IE 400-450, you don't really need those fixes.

such good questions and such a lack of official response.

When will reverse engineering ( successfully) a dreadg guard relic NOT give the dreaded bug " no research available"?

How in the world does such a basic function such as slicing boxs cost more to run then they give even make it to live?

Where are the normal not A or B 28 mods enh etc?

all good questions....the silence is deafening

I am asking WHEN we are going to be getting these promised changes. I did not need to have the fact that the second part was for the future pointed out to me, I have been reading since I was in Kindergarten and being 33 yo now, I can safely say that I have some experience reading, thanks though.

"You can expect to see these on Tuesday, though if anything changes, I'll let you know. "

Apparently your 25ish years reading experience didn't help you spot the answer to your question directly above the passage you didn't need pointed out to you, or the fact in that passage, or whatever. The point is, the info was still right there. How embarrassing.

Personally, I'm right there with ya when it comes to having little patience on these fixes, considering what a huge mess BW made with the crafting for this expac (Srsly, how in the name of Joe Pesci did all this stuff get to live without being noticed? Multiple blue mats with no current purpose? C'mon....I know people that can do better than that drunk AND stoned.) IMO the fix really should be a higher priority than what seems to be communicated here. These mistakes were inexecusably bush league in the first place and the fact they somehow made it to live is mind boggling. But if that's what they're saying, then that's what they're saying. Btw don't blame Amber, she's just the messenger.

Edited by HumanPirhana

What the hell is going on with Scavenging? I get a 450 mission and it only comes back with that damned useless Hollinium, I have 400 pieces of Hollinium that are worthless. They said they were going to raise the price to compensate us, but that didn't happen. Also still getting massive amounts of stupid Viral Residue with Bioanalysis, of course a 99 stack of that worthless mat is only worth 7k. Archeology is only the only thing that seems to working a little better getting lots of Carbonic crystals. Of course since the patch I am only criting on Treasure Hunting and Slicing once every four days. Before the patch I was getting a good yield of Mytag crystals and criting on Slicing even though it was only giving 1 to 2 thermal regulators.

Sorry for the rant, but since 2.0 crew skills frustrated me to point of madness.

• Dev Post

Hello everyone!

I know it's been a while since we gave you a full update about the issues quoted above, but before I get into the details, I want to clear up a misconception. The quote from the OP is extensive, and there seems to be some confusion or folks that missed the following:

Additionally, we are aware of various issues with Crafting Skills. While I am not currently able to give you any solid time frame on these yet, here are our plans to address them:

... As we implement, test, and schedule these changes, I'll be proving you with more updates.

I'm sorry if it wasn't more clear that the numerical list was NOT in Game Update 2.0.1. The good news is that all of the fixes listed above are all slated to be addressed in Game Update 2.1. In addition to the fixes listed in the OP, we are fixing a few more Crew Skill issues in the next two scheduled patches. Here are the details as they stand right now:

Also, if you crit on the purple UT missions, you actually get less Beryllius (like 4 as opposed to 6), but more of its Synthweaving equivalent, 7 as opposed to 3. This doesn't seem fair to either side that wants these mats, since people who want metals have to hope they don't get a crit, or else they will get more of something they don't want and less of something they do. And those who want the fabrics are in an even worse position since they have to pray for a crit or else they won't get jack! Granted, this isn't a big deal since the fabric is dirt cheap on the GTN, but I still thought I should point it out.

This issue (quoted from the thread where I originally posted) currently exists with missions in Diplomacy, Investigation, Treasure Hunting, and Underworld Trading, and the plan is to fix the icons in the 2.1.1 patch.

Jumped on my Artifice Alt and sent over some items that require a lvl 430 Artificer to RE, I was lvl 400 at the time so i lvled it to 430 and then moused over the item to reverse engineer (i wanted to learn how to make these items) sure enough it now allowed me to reverse engineer with a 20% chance of learning the patterns, So I worked my way through the items nothing, nothing, nothing then boom a message popped up saying I had insufficient lvl to learn this item.

This quote discusses incorrectly getting an "Insufficient Skill Level" error message when Reverse Engineering items. This is definitely a bug, and we have it slated for Game Update 2.1. However, a fix has not been through testing yet, so there's a chance this may end up in Game Update 2.1.1. I'll be sure to let you know.

I posted about this issue that's being fixed in Game Update 2.1 as well. Please note that this only happens on unsuccessful mission attempts, and it doesn't happen every time.

We're working on several more reports in addition to what's listed above, so please stay tuned. New updates will come as we have solid information to provide.

:ph_thank_you:

~Amber

This issue (quoted from the thread where I originally posted) currently exists with missions in Diplomacy, Investigation, Treasure Hunting, and Underworld Trading, and the plan is to fix the icons in the 2.1.1 patch.

Uh, perhaps you made a mistake but the post you quoted has nothing to do with mission icons. It has to do with the fact that UT crits produce less Metal and more Cloth, which is just about the exact opposite that most UT users are looking for. Is that issue going to be fixed?

As a side note, is something going to be done about the general worthlessness of Luxury Cloth in general? Prior to 2.0, it at least had a use in Purple Light Armor Synthweaving Recipes, but now even most of those use Underworld Metals instead. Why are over half of my UT missions at 450 skill for Luxury Cloth when less than 1/3 of 1 crafting profession uses the Cloth, yet there are 3 separate crafting professions that use Underworld Metal? :rak_02:

Edited by Giolon

So, if I got it right, you will be removing Holinium, Perfect Crystals and Viral Residues on 2.1?

Now to survive those weeks before 2.1.... "At last we will reveal ourselves to the GTN. At last we shall have our revenge" :)

Hello everyone!

I know it's been a while since we gave you a full update about the issues quoted above, but before I get into the details, I want to clear up a misconception. The quote from the OP is extensive, and there seems to be some confusion or folks that missed the following:

I'm sorry if it wasn't more clear that the numerical list was NOT in Game Update 2.0.1. The good news is that all of the fixes listed above are all slated to be addressed in Game Update 2.1. In addition to the fixes listed in the OP, we are fixing a few more Crew Skill issues in the next two scheduled patches. Here are the details as they stand right now:

This quote discusses incorrectly getting an "Insufficient Skill Level" error message when Reverse Engineering items. This is definitely a bug, and we have it slated for Game Update 2.1. However, a fix has not been through testing yet, so there's a chance this may end up in Game Update 2.1.1. I'll be sure to let you know.

I posted about this issue that's being fixed in Game Update 2.1 as well. Please note that this only happens on unsuccessful mission attempts, and it doesn't happen every time.

We're working on several more reports in addition to what's listed above, so please stay tuned. New updates will come as we have solid information to provide.

~Amber

Amber,

What about cybertech and the inability to RE certain blue 66 mods? For instance Deft Mod 28.

Might be the wrong thread, but what about the inability to RE the Orange Crafted gear (Level 54).

Or Crit's for crafted Level 54 Orange Gear providing MK-7 slots instead of MK-9 slots like implants are doing correctly.

2.1 should be 6 to 8 weeks from the release of 2.0 according to their own prementioned release cycles. 2.0 has been live since Apr 9 making 6 weeks May 21. Since we just got 2.0.1 it is very likely that they would hold out on any other patches for a while, since they wouldn't be releasing any new cartel stuff for at least a good two or three more weeks from now.

What I wish, is that we could have gotten a 2.0.2 to address these issues a little sooner than May 21 (tentatively). If we get 2.1 sooner than that, may the peasents rejoice, and I hope someone at BW says something about how they released it sooner than expected or something... because you know how people get with holding BW to "timeframes".

Because I certainly hope we dont have to wait 3 more weeks for these and the incoming bolster fixes, cause these are really glaring issues in the game right now. Broken PVP because people are exploiting (taking advantage of a bug), and almost broken crafting.

Hello everyone!

~Amber

This is probably the wrong thread, but what about the returns on slicing lockbox missions dropping a hugely inadequate amount of credits?

What the hell is going on with Scavenging? I get a 450 mission and it only comes back with that damned useless Hollinium, I have 400 pieces of Hollinium that are worthless. They said they were going to raise the price to compensate us, but that didn't happen. Also still getting massive amounts of stupid Viral Residue with Bioanalysis, of course a 99 stack of that worthless mat is only worth 7k. Archeology is only the only thing that seems to working a little better getting lots of Carbonic crystals. Of course since the patch I am only criting on Treasure Hunting and Slicing once every four days. Before the patch I was getting a good yield of Mytag crystals and criting on Slicing even though it was only giving 1 to 2 thermal regulators.

Sorry for the rant, but since 2.0 crew skills frustrated me to point of madness.

I can sympathize with you. Either I have the worst luck in the world or Bioware hates me...lol Seriously only received 4 thermal regulators since the last patch. Very few mytag crystals and almost no rares for Diplomacy(forgot the name of them). Only thing I seem to get a fair amount of is beryllius from underworld and a little permacrete from investigation. Maxed affection and the skill crits used all legacy of crafting on all crafters although that doesnt affect the chance of mission crits. Not too mention the enormous amount of credits spent on stupid worthless yields we can't use in hopes of a purple mat. Have spent the last 2 weeks of my waking hours running missions on all my crafters continuously with hardly any success. Downright exhausting and discouraging.

Edited by Darthmoriquendi

"You can expect to see these on Tuesday, though if anything changes, I'll let you know. "

Apparently your 25ish years reading experience didn't help you spot the answer to your question directly above the passage you didn't need pointed out to you, or the fact in that passage, or whatever. The point is, the info was still right there. How embarrassing.

Personally, I'm right there with ya when it comes to having little patience on these fixes, considering what a huge mess BW made with the crafting for this expac (Srsly, how in the name of Joe Pesci did all this stuff get to live without being noticed? Multiple blue mats with no current purpose? C'mon....I know people that can do better than that drunk AND stoned.) IMO the fix really should be a higher priority than what seems to be communicated here. These mistakes were inexecusably bush league in the first place and the fact they somehow made it to live is mind boggling. But if that's what they're saying, then that's what they're saying. Btw don't blame Amber, she's just the messenger.

Considering the fact that the actual fixes in question where not addressed in the patch last week kinda means that you didn't read the post properly.

This is probably the wrong thread, but what about the returns on slicing lockbox missions dropping a hugely inadequate amount of credits?

Slicing was actually profitable in Beta and in the first few weeks of release, but people whined and complained that slicers made too much money, so the nerfed it into uselessness. Now, slicing is used for getting schematics, not for getting credits. It is very rarely a worthwhile crew skill to take.

Slicing was actually profitable in Beta and in the first few weeks of release, but people whined and complained that slicers made too much money, so the nerfed it into uselessness. Now, slicing is used for getting schematics, not for getting credits. It is very rarely a worthwhile crew skill to take.

I'm aware of that, I was here for both :)

After the original nerfs it was profitable by a few credits and mission discoveries. But since 2.0 I have seen losses of over 1k on a single mission. It's a net loss when it should be a tiny plus or at least break even before mission discoveries. I don't expect 1k+ credits every time like how it was at the start.

~Amber

Thank you Amber. I was hoping you could possibly confirm that this is the same issue that I am experiencing with items that give me a slightly different message. I bug reported the matter, but have received no indication on the forum that is in-fact a bug. I made a post on the forum here, but have also not received a response.

I would really appreciate it if you could confirm that this is part of the same issue, and therefore a bug.

The reason I seek clarification, is because my error message is slightly different. My error message says "This item cannot be reverse engineered.", instead of "Insufficient Skill Level". However, it would appear to be a related issue. As it is an item that I personally crafted, my understanding is I should be able to reverse engineer it. Also, when I have the Reverse Engineering button engaged, and I hover over the item, it even says "right-click to reverse engineer". However, it also shows Armormech 440 required in red, which would indicate I am too low level (though my Armormech is capped at 450).

The item in question is a RD-31A Master Striker Gauntlets of which I have 25 sitting in my bank, ready to be Reverse Engineered.

I also made a youtube video describing the problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L10s_Pr21fw&hd=1

Thank you Amber. I am greatly look forward to your response.

I am having all of these issues also. But instead of lettin it slow me down I'm working around it till they fix it. If the update is weeks away why not just run lockbox mission to find 450 missions and save them up. If your an experienced gatherer you would know that ALL the lockbox missions if they crit return a mission