Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is SWTOR dying?

KEKHAN
06.07.2012 , 03:24 AM | #981
I dont see Server Transfers 'Saving the game', there is a reason so many people left and the RESULT is low population servers it's not the PROBLEM.

Say I logged in now, what is there to do? Warzone, FP, Ops or Daily's. And it's the same choice each and everytime you login. And none of those choices move you along any type of journey. Sure you may get a piece of gear you can use but that's about it.

Crafting is pointless as almost everyone can make the same item, and exactly the same quality.

Exploration is none existent, you see that little area that looks like it might have something cool to find? Guess what? there is nothing there.

End of the day it's a themepark MMO, everyone loves going to a themepark right? But at the end of the day you go home and you dont go back there every day and do the same rides over and over again... You have a fun day, do all the rides grab some candyfloss and go home right?

Verce
06.07.2012 , 04:14 AM | #982
Why, let's see... Why did all these people quit playing... Because they didn't enjoy playing it! What a shocker!

News flash: some people buy games and stop playing them after a while. Yes, it happens! Amazingly, it happens in every game, like, ever!

So stop with this stupid nonsense of "Amagad game is dying". Until population stabilizes across tightly packed servers it's not really possible to say if the game is dying or not.

My opinion: game is generally good, needs more stuff to be considered awesome. Will not die even if it was completely awful(which it is not), too many rp'ers and fanboys for that to happen.

/end thread
What can change the nature of a man?

Inistis
06.07.2012 , 05:34 AM | #983
I wont speak for anyone but myself and this is why I stopped playing.

1. WoW in space. Interface is fine but a Tank/Healer class cookie cutter has been done. And done.And done......Shooting a boss with a blaster at point blank range. SWG had that.

2. Get back to the Story. The storyline content was as always in a Bioware game, superb but I had to spend hours just to get from one side of the major storyline to the next killin 0/30 things over and over and over.

3. May the Force be With You to Kill that Thing and Stuffs. Voice overs were great but I dont need 1 min of dialogue to tell me to go kill 30 stuff-a-wompas. Way too much of that.

4. EA. I love Bioware I really do. I also HATE EA I really do. I suffered thru the Warhammer Online launch. Great ****in game with ****-*** deployment and marketing. Who gets that ****-In-The-Face award? You guessed it. EA you have ****ed up every MMO you ever touched or accidentally breathed on dating back to Ultima Online. I would crown you but in this case SONY beat you to the punch with SWG. I mean HOW can you **** up a brand like Star Wars. Unless yer George Lucas of course.

In closing, this in no way should be read as a criticism of the individuals who did their best with what they had only to be LAID OFF. You guys and gals worked your butts off and there are areas of the game where your passion bleeds thru. Take it as a blessing and move on to the next project that hopefully EA wont throw a bajillion dollars at to buyout. To quote Vince Lombardi, "I dont blame you, I blame the guy that hired you."

So there are my reasons. Agree or disagree thats the readers choice.

Missandei
06.07.2012 , 07:56 AM | #984
Quote: Originally Posted by Turlinde View Post
Is SWTOR dying?
Yes.

December - 2.2mln active subs
February - 1.7mln active subs
May - 1.3mln active subs
June - 1.1mln active subs
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

Humankeg
06.07.2012 , 10:19 AM | #985
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
The building blocks for world pvp is actually having people to pvp with and having a reason to (objective), not "immersiveness".
MMO is supposed to have peeople playing in it. THat is a given. But when everyone is sitting in one place, never moving, you can have all the people you want, and there will be zero people, with a world as small as the place the players are stuck in.

WopFro
06.07.2012 , 07:53 PM | #986
Quote: Originally Posted by Humankeg View Post
MMO is supposed to have peeople playing in it. THat is a given. But when everyone is sitting in one place, never moving, you can have all the people you want, and there will be zero people, with a world as small as the place the players are stuck in.
I agree. The over-phasing has definitely hurt the interactivity of the game. I mean, most the time you are leveling its a friggin ghost town. Plus there is no real reason to leave the fleet after 50, and if you did, you would have to scoot around on your technologically advanced speeder that travels about the same speed as a moped. Derp.

I just hope the, "Fanbois will buy it no matter what" attitude doesn't destroy this opportunity at making a lasting MMO based on an amazing IP.

AshlaBoga
06.07.2012 , 09:01 PM | #987
It's funny people say they WANT OPEN WORLD PVP. Then when something like the Rakghoul Pandemic event happens and both the crash sit, vendor and Outlaw's den are now open warfare? People complain about not being able to get their event entries and Containment Suit pieces because of the PvP. I had one low level pub threaten to write a ticket to the GMs! (What the heck was a level 17 doing on Tatooine anyway? It's a level 24-28 planet).

So they don't have incentive for Open World PvP after nerfing Illum (and that was really incentive for Imps). Then they add an incentive via a Planetary Event and what happens? "Waaaah! I can't get my quest objectives done, waaah! I can't kill Urtagh!"

If you're on a PvP server - YOU SIGNED UP FOR THAT.
If it's because Urtagh is in Outlaw's Den - guess what THEY'RE GIVING PEOPLE AN INCENTIVE FOR OPEN PVP IN PVE SERVERS. What happens when you get what you ask for? You QQ like never before!

Someone could write an Oompa Loompa song about QQing SWTOR players.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

PerinnAybara
01.27.2013 , 09:38 AM | #988
Yes!!
Character: Mathrim Cauthon, 50 Mercenary on Prophecy of the Five

Genuine
01.27.2013 , 09:42 AM | #989
talk about digging out an old Topic...... and no its not dieing
BIOWARE PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS THREAD Collectors edition vendor

Kontraz
01.27.2013 , 09:46 AM | #990
Holy necro-thread batman!!!