Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is SWTOR dying?

TheMunny
05.03.2012 , 04:15 PM | #901
Dying? I would say sinking... and fast.

Geglad
05.03.2012 , 05:20 PM | #902
"yeah - if Chicken-Little told you
that the sky-is-fallin',
even if it was,
would you still come crawlin'
back again?
I betcha you would my friend,
again and again and again..."

*queue Joe Perry guitar solo*
Uno avulso non deficit alter.

Maladon
05.03.2012 , 05:36 PM | #903
Quote: Originally Posted by JustinxDuff View Post
After playing GW2 in the last beta weekend I can say fro sure that once it is released PvP in ToR will die.
The GW2 beta weekend crushed my will to log in to SWTOR. I reported one legitimate bug over the course of a three day beta weekend...meanwhile SWTOR has been out for months and still can't keep people grouped when they exit a warzone (and dont get me started on having to summon your pet everytime you dismount). GW2 keeps you grouped even if you switch characters.

Deathmond
05.04.2012 , 01:07 AM | #904
This need a great skill to faceroll such big Brand for gamers...
AMD Athlon II x4 645, Nvidia GeForce GTX 460, MSI 870A-G54(FX), 8gb DDR3, Windows 7 Ultimate Edition(Build 7601), DirectX 11.0

contacts
05.04.2012 , 01:09 AM | #905
in the words of the great john c. riley:

YUP!

TheronFett
05.04.2012 , 01:20 AM | #906
Top 10 reasons why SWTOR is dying:

1) Over-promised and under-delivered.
2) Too easy to reach max level. AKA not enough end game content/dailies are boring.
3) Too many servers, not enough players.
4) PvP development team uses a Magic 8-ball as part of their Q&A.
5) Tera/Diablo 3/Guild Wars 3 on the horizon.
6) Ilum exploiters realized how much they suck now that everyone else is geared. AKA ragequit.
7) 1.2. Nuff said.
8) Unnecessary nerfs.
9) No world PvP.
10) Everyone hates Quinn.

Orrow
05.04.2012 , 01:23 AM | #907
Lets see, GW2 is going to get all the serious PvPers and all those constantly looking for the next big thing. The MoP expansion will get many of the PvEers to go back to WoW, and quite possibly many of the casual MMO fans. That leaves SWTOR with Star wars and Bioware fans. . . This game is going to be a bigger joke then Warhammer STO and AoC combined. At least those devs can say they didn't torpedo an estimated three hundred million dollar investment. After DA2, ME3 and now SWTOR I can safely say I will never buy another Bioware product again.

Shredbull
05.04.2012 , 01:32 AM | #908
The ToRtanic is sinking, and it's sinking very fast.

Unless bioware releases 1.3 COMBINED with cross-server PvP really really fast there is going to be a massive drop in subscribers and that will only continue untill this game becomes a F2P game where you can hear the coyotes howling in the desert.

It's up to bioware. Let the boat that is called 1.2 sink further or fix it. Which would be 1.3

And server transfers should come earlier than 'early summer'. Early summer? F you. That's 2 months from now. I'll unsub before that.

Recanter
05.04.2012 , 01:47 AM | #909
Judgement: Guilty of pissing off millions of paying customers;

Penalty: Death by unsubscription;

Sentence to be carried out: When D3, GW2 come out...

GrandMike
05.04.2012 , 02:11 AM | #910
Quote: Originally Posted by Orrow View Post
After DA2, ME3 and now SWTOR I can safely say I will never buy another Bioware product again.
Same boat here. They will have to be very very very very persuasive and convincing towards me if they want me to buy their game. And i started with BG. Still play it about once a year. *shrug*