Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is SWTOR dying?

PerinnAybara
01.27.2013 , 09:48 AM | #991
Quote: Originally Posted by Genuine View Post
talk about digging out an old Topic...... and no its not dieing
Hey, I'm a mercenary. Since they've neglected us in pvp so long all I can do is enjoy the nostalgia of the past.
Character: Mathrim Cauthon, 50 Mercenary on Prophecy of the Five

DrewFromPhilly
01.27.2013 , 10:34 AM | #992
When this thread was posted I was on a server where I was often the only person on the fleet during prime time. On a server where pvp had to be arranged a while in advance with much effort and it would always be huttball as that was the only same faction wz initially.....

NogueiraA
01.27.2013 , 12:29 PM | #993
People really getting tired of stuns.

DarthSabreth
01.27.2013 , 04:31 PM | #994
My server is always packed and was at full last week i had a 50 sec wait time to log on during the peek hours. has this game lost players... sure but ive seen lots and lots of F2P players around and alot of them plan on subing. i feel that web blog was biased about the game.

I am certainly enjoying the game, the only two beefs that i had about the game was
1. there was no initial xfers off dead servers... BW Fixed that.
2. there is way way way to much oppresive CC in pvp in this game .... hoping BW fixes this.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

Kegparty
01.27.2013 , 04:47 PM | #995
This thread is a year old... Great job bringing it back from death. The game is not dead and everyone knows that.

cashogy_reborn
01.27.2013 , 04:49 PM | #996
Quote: Originally Posted by PerinnAybara View Post
Yes!!
why do you keep necroing threads sir
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Saelos
01.27.2013 , 05:42 PM | #997
Quote: Originally Posted by Mrcheezle View Post
I think SWTOR is dieing. I don't know about dying though.. What color do you think they are dying it?
Oh wow this is the most awkward thing I have read today. I wonder when the penny will drop and this guy will realise what an idiot he was.

Chlomamf
01.27.2013 , 05:49 PM | #998
Quote: Originally Posted by Evuke View Post
Of course the population is dropping (contrary to what the 2008/2009 fanbois will tell you), and when gw2/tera/secret world/d3/etc are out and it will plummet even further.

you'd have to be brain dead to not notice the population decreasing:
- server queues are gone
- most servers are light/std now instead of full/very heavy
- fleets are <150 players now instead of 230+
- wz queues taking longer to pop
- fp groups harder to find
- less items on markets
- most friends in the friends list are "offline"
- where have all out guildies gone?
- etc

If they actually had 2 million subscribers just after launch when all the servers had queues and we had 230+ on the fleet in prime times i'd say it's pretty obvious we've already lost at least 1/3 of those 2 million subscribers, probably closer to half.

the ea quarterly shareholder statement in may will reveal the truth, they can't lie in that.
On my Server at primetime there tends to be 2 Instances of the Imperial Fleet. And not long ago I was confronted with a 'the Server is full, you are number 6 in the queue' window. And the Server Status was 'FULL', so.

DrewFromPhilly
01.27.2013 , 06:34 PM | #999
Quote: Originally Posted by Chlomamf View Post
On my Server at primetime there tends to be 2 Instances of the Imperial Fleet. And not long ago I was confronted with a 'the Server is full, you are number 6 in the queue' window. And the Server Status was 'FULL', so.
So.....the person you quoted posted that a year ago when there was dozens of dead servers, when no consolidations had taken place, and f2p hadn't even been announced yet.

FREDDOSPWN
01.27.2013 , 07:46 PM | #1000
Quote: Originally Posted by DrewFromPhilly View Post
So.....the person you quoted posted that a year ago when there was dozens of dead servers, when no consolidations had taken place, and f2p hadn't even been announced yet.
So you're saying the game will die?