Keith suppose to be for the players? right, stop with the shady practices...

DarthSealth

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Said it over and over on the pts forum and the gen forum. These credit sinks targeting the average player will not reduce inflation or remove excess credits,

All it will do is promote third party credit spammers selling credit for real money. This is money that Bioware won’t get from the CM because people will be spending more with the credit spammers.

What a lot of people don't realise apparently is that we have a double economy within the SWTOR economy: For playing the game and for CM items on the GTN.

If you don't buy any CM stuff with your credits, you have more than plenty of credits that you can make to keep up with that.

What people focus on all the time is the millions and millions of credits for CM armor sets, weapons, dyes etc. That's not the same thing though. Just think of what's left and what sort of prices there are if you took all the CM items out and made them account bound instead of being tradeable. People would have more than enough credits if they put in a bit of effort.

The interesting bit, as I see it, is that if people feel they don't have enough credits and go to these credit sellers, is because they want to buy the CM stuff more than anything else. And the funny thing is that someone has to buy that CM stuff before they can put it on the GTN. So really, if people buy credits to buy CM stuff off the GTN that someone else paid for, it's actually good for BioWare. That doesn't take away that it's against the rules of course and might get your account banned, but also not everyone will do this. High prices on the GTN also mean more direct sales in the Cartel Shop because people feel it's easier to buy than to earn the 100 million credits or whatever. That scenario also benefits BioWare.

So I guess I don't share your views on the topic but there you have it.