Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's going on with this forum today?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What's going on with this forum today?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

michaelcshow
05.07.2019 , 10:09 AM | #21
Clicked the previous page button on forum posts to test it, after about the 5th one it hung, and then I got the "SWTOR.com is unavailable as we are experiencing extremely high traffic" maintenance page.

/edit - clicking edit to edit the post just now hung it again, closed the tab and reopened the post and was able to edit.

Rion_Starkiller
05.07.2019 , 10:36 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

We were getting a few sporadic reports of this late yesterday as well but weren't able to reproduce it on our side. I am going to send the details from this thread over to the team now and see if we can determine if / where there is an issue.

Thanks!

-eric
It's very sporadic. I can read threads on the forums for 10-15 mins, but then the next 20 mins I can't do anything. The webpage gets "hung" and goes no where...

FYI: I have done this on a Mac, an iPhone, and on my gaming desktop. I have used Safari, Edge, and Chrome. It seems to be the worst on Chrome, but that could just be coincidence. Clearing cookies doesn't help.

Not sure if any of that helps.

And when I post, if the site is hung, I get this error:

Quote:
Internal Server Error - Read

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Reference #3.b6211f45.1557246862.121b2011
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Lies have been corrected.

jjoren
05.07.2019 , 10:36 AM | #23
This is frustrating, no mention of issues on twitter, "is it down right now" website says no issues, only happens on one of my computers, and the only place to find out information is in this forum in which I can't connect to, until now. My other computers I didn't try to see forums, but it would be nice if Bioware would post about this issue on twitter at least.
"Come on out-I'll show you my gun"
Referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/DlzC45 for rewards!

kodrac
05.07.2019 , 10:42 AM | #24
I had this one day last week until I used Ctrl+F5 to refresh my cache. Since then no troubles. Nothing today anyway.
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
Id find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.

Balameb
05.07.2019 , 11:18 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by turbomagnus View Post
If it's any help, I can provide the following information;

I'm encountering the 'maintenance' problem with the main website page. If I just try to type in 'www.swtor.com' or use my bookmarked link, which has the same address, I receive the maintenance notice page. However, if I specifically type in 'https://www.swtor.com', the main website allows me to access it and all other pages - forums included - without problem.

Hope that helps either the web team find the problem or anyone else bypass it...
Exactly same for me.
Regular (non secure version) does not work. Secure version (httpS) works fine.

Edit: After posting, the automatic redirect links to regular (no https) version even if posting from secure version. This needs fixing. Workarround: add "https://" to links not working.
Get 7 days as Sub and some free stuff --> Refferal link

sharkfishman
05.07.2019 , 11:32 AM | #26
A good place to check is the Developer Tracker. That is the once section of the forum I cannot get to load whatsoever.

Part of the problem may be related to redirects. Attempting to go from the Main Page directly to a featured thread (i.e. last post made by) does not work. First, you have to go from the main page to the sub-category (in this case, General Discussion), and then to the individual thread you're trying to reach.

After posting, the website is unable to redirect me to the thread I was at. Refreshing doesn't work. Clicking back once doesn't work. You have to look at history and go back to the sub-category page again. Several times, my post isn't even allowed to post ("can't reach swtor.com" as if there were no internet, except there is. Refreshing brings the page up, but no post.).

Another possibility is that this only happens on pages marked as "Not Secure" by my browser. I enabled the loading of scripts and redirects, etc. in the browser, but it didn't change a thing. I am using Avast antivirus, in case it's related to that. I am using the Avast browser. I will check using Microsoft Edge to test.

P.S. Now I'm going to copy this post before posting, because I'm sure it won't register, lol.
For my friends, click my referral link for awesome free stuff.
For my enemies, click it just to spite me.

"Don't get cocky."

Arkamos-Aurelius
05.07.2019 , 12:08 PM | #27
Can confirm that some pages loaded indefinitely on HTTP. Forcing HTTPS everywhere solved the issue.

Banderal
05.07.2019 , 12:23 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
I had this one day last week until I used Ctrl+F5 to refresh my cache. Since then no troubles. Nothing today anyway.
I did that. I also flushed DNS. Since yesterday morning I'm also getting very sporadic successful loads of forum pages (also the login page today). Maybe one out of 10 tries it works, and then it will work for 3 or 4 or 5 things, and then have trouble again.

Usually it hangs and eventually times out. I've also seen the "site under maintenance" page, and really old versions of the PvP forum main page - which is odd, since I cleared all my cache so it should not be loading cached versions in by browser. I've also seen "internal server error" message - usually (maybe always?) when I try to post something and it fails then.

Also restarted my computer and my phone (my internet is through my phone), and the problem persists. And I've tried it with 3 different browsers, IE, IceDragon and Chrome. They all do it (even though I've never used IE or Chrome to visit here before).

Just more info I guess...

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

Banderal
05.07.2019 , 12:39 PM | #29
I just got the internal server error again when trying to post. In case this is useful, it says:

Internal Server Error - Read
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Reference #3.b6211f45.1557253930.12c4c3cc

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

Rion_Starkiller
05.07.2019 , 12:49 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkamos-Aurelius View Post
Can confirm that some pages loaded indefinitely on HTTP. Forcing HTTPS everywhere solved the issue.
Thanks for this. It's working like a charm now.
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Lies have been corrected.