Estimated Time Patch Drops Tuesday?

Exemplar

I don't know when the typical patch downtime is, and that varies depending on where in the world you are anyway. But it's never ever a good idea to take time off for a games/content patch release. Your internet will explode, it will be postponed last minute, a meteor will hit your house, login will consistently fail and/or the download rate will be so terrible it takes all day. Never take time off for a game unless it's a physical copy. Edited by Pscyon

Does anyone know if the expansion will be available to download/play in the AM or PM?

Checking to see if it would be worth taking a day off.

If past history is any indication, it is not worth taking a day off for an expansion. The patch will usually hit in the morning with extended downtime usually lasting longer than they first anticipated.

Does anyone know if the expansion will be available to download/play in the AM or PM?

You obviously have never heard of Murphy's Law.

Just a few that are relevant.....

Murphy's laws:

"If anything can go wrong, it will"

"If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one that will cause the most damage will be the one to go wrong"

"If anything just cannot go wrong, it will anyway"

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something"

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious"

"Everything takes longer than it takes"

"If you want something bad enough, chances are you won't get it"[/Quote]

Simply choose all that fits your situation. But no, I would not take time off for the update. If you MUST, then install TeamViewer and do it remotely from your phone.

I feel like everyone has answered this already, but definitely do not take a day off. Maybe take the next day off if you want to, but day of is a pretty bad idea, as there is a pretty good chance it'll take all day to patch.

Downtime will probably start the same time it usually does but they might post it on friday. While there is a rare chance it won't get extended (at least one instance of that being true), it's almost always extended and servers are usually down at least half the day. Just like everyone else is saying, it's not worth it.

If I recall, most of these things start around midnight PDT (USA). That, I think, is 4am my time (ADT) and the servers are usually available by around 11am to noon.

So, if you are in the Americas, you can expect to be able to start somewhere in the early to mid-afternoon. I wouldn't take the whole day off**, but maybe leave work/school early, unless you're in Europe.

** Well, not just for SWTOR anyway. 😉

Edited by JediQuaker

Honestly, I would Wait until Later when it's Convenient for you. At first (usually Morning in Pacific Time US) there *Could.. be bugs, Probably Crowded, and if like before, it may come right back down. I *Usually just wait until the next day usually and then Later in the day/night.

If I recall, most of these things start around midnight PDT (USA). That, I think, is 4am my time (ADT) and the servers are usually available by around 11am to noon.

So, if you are in the Americas, you can expect to be able to start somewhere in the early to mid-afternoon. I wouldn't take the whole day off**, but maybe leave work/school early, unless you're in Europe.

** Well, not just for SWTOR anyway. 😉

The SWTOR patch / maintenance downtime always (except in weird edge cases which Tuesday will not be) begins at noon UTC/GMT. That's 1pm BST, 2pm CEST, 8am EDT, 7am CDT, 6am MDT, 5am MST (for Arizona), 5am PDT.

Use patch day to catch up on your other games ;)

Agreed. I wouldn't sweat patch day, especially since approximately 72 hours later there's like to be 6.0a because of some whupsie devs and players didn't catch on PTS, and we already have gold text telling us about known issues that will require subsequent patches to address.

Agreed. I wouldn't sweat patch day, especially since approximately 72 hours later there's like to be 6.0a because of some whupsie devs and players didn't catch on PTS, and we already have gold text telling us about known issues that will require subsequent patches to address.

Also bear in mind that this will be a new build not actually put on PTS, with last minute changes and story enabled.

is there a way to at least download it before hand? the worst is having to download 50g to 60g on launch day, before then navigating all the issues. downloading early would at least let us have the files on our computers so one headache can be dealt with before tuesday

is there a way to at least download it before hand? the worst is having to download 50g to 60g on launch day, before then navigating all the issues. downloading early would at least let us have the files on our computers so one headache can be dealt with before tuesday

No, there is no way to begin downloading early.

I just watch YouTube spoilers first -- to see what happens -- THEN I play later

That is a hint by the way -- just in case some of you guys want to put some up -- would be appreciated

Edited by Tashia

Good lord. Don't take any time off for this game. It's not like if your first in your ahead of the crowd. The new gearing will be a nightmare once you understand it. As well, it will take quite a while to get BiS gear.

Just wake up Tuesday morning, doesn't matter what time zone, log into the game and let it download till whenever it's done.

Once you see the play button, try it. You may get in or you may not. Reason are many. There is no hurry. I highly doubt there will ever be a 7.0 so this 6.0 is gonna be it for years to come.