In-game proof that Khem Val is being replaced?

Gearmasterblitz

I really really hope they DO NOT remove my Inquisitor's Khem Val.

You hear us, Bioware?

DO NOT REMOVE KHEM VAL FROM INQUISITORS!!!!!!!!!

If you have to have another Dashade because he's an alert mission or part of the main story, then that's fine. But I'm serious, if you guys remove Khem Val permanently because you can't be assed to make two different ones, one for Inquisitors and one for non-Inquisitors you're going to be in deep **** when the Inquisitors see this.

Seriously, DON'T REMOVE KHEM FROM INQUISITORS. It's NOT a good idea.

Spend the extra five bucks and tell the VA talent to say a few more lines. We already know VA isn't that expensive compared to the rest of content production from BW's own words. And they're making crazy money through the CM. They're hardly hurting for cash. They created these few dual-personality NPCs and even made one a love interest. Cheaping out now would be super lazy AND A SLAP IN THE FACE! Nah, I'm just kidding on that last bit, but it would be pretty lame to shortchange one of the warrior's love interests or the inquisitor's best buddy.

This is my thought too. I can *sigh* take some of the changes they've done, mostly the changes have been full of ****, but I can deal.

But if they go the cheap and lazy way out for certain companions...oh HELL no. Then I KNOW they want the game to die quickly. They TRULY do not understand the impact of some people REALLY love their original companions. I know a couple of people who couldn't care less about anything else in this game, but **** with companions and yeah, that's like Deathcon 1 and the nukes being flung around.

Wait what? I want Khem back if only to hear his opinion on SI being frozen, waking up in a world changed and having some Sith sitting in SI head (nothing new there granted, but still). Oh the irony. Not to mention, he is a monster, yes, but he is SI morose monster.

I do hope that the other Dashade is just Zash taking another name and a paintjob. For people who decided to keep her. Or that "Khem Val" is actually not a name but a rank and Khem got promoted, demoted, whatever! It's not like they need the voice acting, he is not speaking basic anyway! Most of his dialog is recycled. And hey, most companions have nothing to say after you recruit them!

Just thinking what does a game do for a brand new level 60 with Khem and Jaesa? Though they don't get a cutscene in kotfe the companions must be there if you interact with them what happens what lines do they say.

kotfe must make a default option on these 2 characters anyway so why not have the defaults for everyone else with some kind of override should you have chosen differently, ok for khem it would mean the need for 2 voice actors coming back but in terms of Jaesa she just needs to record all her stuff twice, since DS Jaesa is 1,000x more sadistic than LS Jaesa the lines need to be delivered differently.

as i understand the force bond, it would mean that;

The sith inquisitor is thrown into a carbonite prison and slowly poisoned to death due to imperfect freezing process, it would mean that Khem would have the same effects given to him as well, so if your inquisitor is near death so would Khem due to the force bond. It would make sense if Khem actually died from the bond around the same time Lana thawed the inquisitor out and shot the inquisitor with an antidote. but equally he could of just as easily recovered when the inquisitor was freed after being shot with the antidote.

The sith inquisitor is thrown into a carbonite prison and slowly poisoned to death due to imperfect freezing process, it would mean that Khem would have the same effects given to him as well, so if your inquisitor is near death so would Khem due to the force bond. It would make sense if Khem actually died from the bond around the same time Lana thawed the inquisitor out and shot the inquisitor with an antidote. but equally he could of just as easily recovered when the inquisitor was freed after being shot with the antidote.

Seems legit. Unless the force bond got a 4k ping/massive lag spike. This case Khem is done.... :jawa_evil:

I would like to think that Bioware isn't silly enough to kill of an incredibly popular companion

strangely enough, i agree. I cannot see them doing this.

I guess if they did, we could truly say that choices matter. just not ours.

but yeah, Khem's not going anywhere.

At the risk of getting banned for discussing data-related information obtained by means of some auger-bit operation involving canaries and hard hats with lamps:

It turns out that Force Users are high in triglycerides . Khem's bad cholesterol numbers have spiked, so his doctor has prescribed a new, non-Force-User diet. Khem is also supposed to use mentho-lyptus lozenges for that chronic sore throat.

Nah.... See that other dude is actually Khem illegitimate lil brother. See one night Khem daddy got super wasted and wind up taking this monster home from tha club and.....well he didn't wrap it up. :D

Seriously tho.... SI gets Khem back or we riot!

Ok maybe not riot, but we will march and protest outside the BW offices!

Ok maybe not march & protest, but we'll spam the internet with very angry posts!

Seriously tho..... Don't play wit my monster. :mad:

They better not especially since she is not just a companion, she is my warriors love interest, it would not be a good move on Biowares part to do this.

Mom, BW took away my virtual waifu made of pixel, do something or I start crying.