Bugged / Missing Codex for Republic Players

WolfpackAW

Anyone been able to fully explore all of Makeb? I'm missing Brakan Mesa - anyone know where I go to pick this up?

Concerning the Brakan Mesa, it's a small part SE of Avesta Plantation. If you go east you'll find on one of the other parts a doorway south. That's where you need to be.

On Brakan Mesa you'll find an achievement Boss called: CC-121

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Jedi Consular:

1. Datacron 67/69

- Galactic History 89: Capturing the Dread Masters

- Galactic History 88: The Unlikely Champion

2. Epic Enemies 178/182

- Prophet of Vodal (Achievement: You have defeated the Prophet of Vodal in the Tomb Opens flashpoint)

- unknown

- unknown

- unknown

3. PVP 24/26

- Denova Novare Coast: Interrupted a Capture Attempt

- Ilum: Captured the Zone

4. Space 13/14

- Ardis Outpost Fortification (Bonus) (Achievement: You have completed the bonus mission challenge, “Eliminate the Enemy.”)

5. Titles 66/94

- Paladin of House Organa

- Champion of House Thul

- Master of the Burning Way

- Liberator of Corellia

- Ice Wars Veteran

- Shadow Hunter

- Scourge of the Underworld

- Venom Drinker

- Mandalorian Bane

- SIS Operative

- Ambassador of the Republic

- Friendly

- Vicious

- Respectable

- Shadow

- Sage

- Outgoing

- Coordinator

- Upstanding

- Sinister

- Guide

- Chatterbox

- Extrovert

- Charismatic

- Benevolent

- Malevolent

- Leader

- Invalid Title

6. Bestiary 65/78

- Akk Dog

- Asharl Panther

- Bogwing

- Gundark

- Jurgoran

- Kath Hound

- Orobird

- Skyslasher

- Sleen

- Terentatek

- Vine Cat

- Vulagool

- Yozusk

7. Crew skill 14/14

8. Events 9/10

- Rakghoul Pandemic: Earned Containment Officer Title

9. Game Rules 14/15

- Combat Ratings

10. Location 97/101

- The Elysium

- unknown

- unknown

- unknown

11. Lore 115/139

- The Invasion of Balmorra

- Monument to Lord Ergast

- The Spires of Victory

- The Obliteration of Kressh

- Sithspawn

- Lord Parnax’s Lost Recordings

- The Blade of the Sith Executioner

- The Phobis Devices

- Caught Between Two Foes

- Split by Rebellion

- Ruled by Corruption

- Underworld Influences

- The Three Families

- History of Tatooine

- Sand Rot (Consular)

- Republic Research Division

- High Security Lockdown

- Mercenary Training Facility

- Imperial Intelligence Gadget Warehouse

- Network Security District

- Imperial Re-education Center

- Lower/Upper Office Attrium

- Karagga the Hutt

- Bonethrasher

12. Organization 41/48

- The White Maw Pirates

- Chiss Acendancy

- Separatist Movement

- Cathar Settlers

- The Sith Empire

- The Galactic Republic

- The Modern Tion Hegemony

13. Person of Note 46/51

- Bouris Ulgo

- HK-51

- The First Son (Consular)

- Master Jaric Kaedan

- Satele Shan

14. Planets 14/14

15. Ships 4/4

16. Species 14/41

- Advozse

- Anomid

- Arcona

- Cathar

- Chagrian

- Chiss

- Devaronian

- Drall

- Esh-kha

- Gen’Dai

- Gormak

- Houk

- Ithorian

- Kaleesh

- Kel Dor

- Killik

- Mon Calamari

- Neimoidian

- Nikto

- Ortolan

- Selonian

- Sullustan

- Talz

- Togruta

- Trandoshan

- Voss

- Weequay

17. Uncategorized 4/4

All 785/897

if missed any see here: http://www.swtor-spy.com/codex/

For 'Epic Enemies', I have noticed that 'Battlelord Kreeshan' (Hammer Station) doesn't appear in the codex after completing the flashpoint. Will continue to send tickets to see if someone there is willing to fix it, seeing as how he does show as completed in the Achievements section. Edited by Aebrynis

For 'Epic Enemies', I have noticed that 'Battlelord Kreeshan' (Hammer Station) doesn't appear in the codex after completing the flashpoint. Will continue to send tickets to see if someone there is willing to fix it, seeing as how he does show as completed in the Achievements section.

It seems to be broken like that for all the FP and Ops bosses. World bosses seem to work normally, at least I got the Primal Destroyer entry after beating him.

Hello

please AmberGreen add problem with bugged/unobtainable codex entries

in "Known In-Game Issues"

this problem exists from start game in 2011 year and creates inconvenience to many people

also deserves attention

this lists of bugs

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=292539

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=104803

AmberGreen (responsible for problems and bugs- employee of Bioware) answer:

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting me. While we do know that there are Codex entries that are bugged, this is not something that belongs on the Known Issues. I've made a post here that clarifies what belongs there and why. Missing Codex entries do not affect gameplay, and we try to ensure that this list doesn't include issues such as this.

Nonetheless, I'll do some talking in the studio and will see if I can get enough solid info to post an update on the forums with regards to what's going on with Codex entries.

Thanks for understanding, and please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Hello

please AmberGreen add problem with bugged/unobtainable codex entries

in "Known In-Game Issues"

this problem exists from start game in 2011 year and creates inconvenience to many people

also deserves attention

this lists of bugs

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=292539

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=104803

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting me. While we do know that there are Codex entries that are bugged, this is not something that belongs on the Known Issues. I've made a post here that clarifies what belongs there and why. Missing Codex entries do not affect gameplay, and we try to ensure that this list doesn't include issues such as this.

Nonetheless, I'll do some talking in the studio and will see if I can get enough solid info to post an update on the forums with regards to what's going on with Codex entries.

Thanks for understanding, and please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Let me jump in and state definitely that nothing is gonna be done about this. No progress and no updates on the codex for 18 months should make this fairly obvious to anybody that's been playing this game for a while.

yes, instead of repairing codex

- broke even more(((

"invasion of balmorra" lore worked and after be broken

operations bosses "epic enemy" and "survived.." worked and after be broken

many Makeb codex not obtainable (expl "gravity hook" lore only imperium but in-game now it no have faction

therefore for republic its not obtainable)

yes, instead of repairing codex

- broke even more(((

"invasion of balmorra" lore worked and after be broken

operations bosses "epic enemy" and "survived.." worked and after be broken

many Makeb codex not obtainable (expl "gravity hook" lore only imperium but in-game now it no have faction

therefore for republic its not obtainable)

I can confirm this, Rep side. The object is there, but not clickable. Invasion of Balmorra is broken.

Hi there,

(Bolded & italicized mine)

With no insult or disrespect intended to AmberGreen, she's dead wrong. Missing codex entries DO affect gameplay. Some of us like to queue up for flashpoints while we can still get decent experience for them, and one of the benefits of completing said flashpoints at appropriate levels is being able to turn to the codex, and know that you didn't cakewalk over a bunch of grey mobs to receive the entry, mobs that had zero chance to stop you. That may be fine for repeated Esseles/Black Talon runs, but for others, it's frustrating.

If they don't intend on fixing it, I'd prefer someone just come out and say so, rather than stringing us along like a strand of beads. Much easier to know you'll never, ever be able to get a certain codex entry and be able to just forge ahead secure in that knowledge, than to wait and wait and wait and wait and wait for someone to FINALLY decide to give an answer.

thought as much :/

I noticed i had nearly cleard the tyhton achievements.. so i went to find the 4 things i needed..

i'd got it down to last one - Wingmaw codex.. after ages looking, i had to give in & search web.. i found its on Balmorra?

But thats not the bug... hear me out..

i went thro my achv/ list for Tython.. definatley only the wingmaw one left to get.. so off to balmorra.. found the thing, killed it.. won the final codex :D

Then, realiising i didnt get anything for acheiving 100% on the planet... (which also annoyed me :D) i had another look in achv.list..

It says now all 96% complete.. but nothing is missing... 'general' is showing a gap in bar - but states its complete.. and when i check whats missing... everything is there ???

My stats stuck on 96% ... with no more items to get???

c'mon.. i spent a fair amount of time 'cleaning up' the planet after me.. its annoyed me like hell..

sort it out.. all thes 'minor' glitches do add up y'know...

thought as much :/

I noticed i had nearly cleard the tyhton achievements.. so i went to find the 4 things i needed..

i'd got it down to last one - Wingmaw codex.. after ages looking, i had to give in & search web.. i found its on Balmorra?

But thats not the bug... hear me out..

i went thro my achv/ list for Tython.. definatley only the wingmaw one left to get.. so off to balmorra.. found the thing, killed it.. won the final codex :D

Then, realiising i didnt get anything for acheiving 100% on the planet... (which also annoyed me :D) i had another look in achv.list..

It says now all 96% complete.. but nothing is missing... 'general' is showing a gap in bar - but states its complete.. and when i check whats missing... everything is there ???

My stats stuck on 96% ... with no more items to get???

c'mon.. i spent a fair amount of time 'cleaning up' the planet after me.. its annoyed me like hell..

sort it out.. all thes 'minor' glitches do add up y'know...

There are hidden Achievements that don't show up until you complete them, which is why I assume some planets don't complete when everything on them is done. However, achievements aren't the same as the codex, which is what I want to be working.

@Wolfpackaw: Any chance we could merge this thread with known bugged achievements, because they need to be documented, and I can't see a better thread for it than this.

#brokenswtorcodex

#brokenswtorachievements

Never Forget.

To be honest, considering this is a story-related game, I feel the lore/codex is kind of important to gameplay--not to mention it gives experience too so...

It makes me sad to see the Codex is kicked to the curb :( As it is, even with tickets the results tend to vary. A friend and I both wrote in and each got different codexes granted X__x

@Slopster - yes, that can be done. I can't get to it right now, but that seems reasonable to me. I'll see what I can do about merging it over the next week or so. Is there an already-started thread out there for bugged achievements? I have not found one yet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Codex Entries start fix in Patch 2.2.1 - 6 fixed, 330 still bugged (full list here)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=654989

I've been a codex hawk from the get go (19 months in before the FIRST fixes) but I have to give BW some credit here. This is a goodfaith effort for the codex and I'm pleased.

I'd say 5-6 codex fixes per major patch could get this thing turned around!

I'm more excited about your game now BW! Keep it up!

Anyone who finds the Hoth entry "Caught Between Two Foes" please post the location. I am looking but have not found it yet.

According to this topic:

It is at -1216, -196 its the body of a dead Talz.

These coordinates, Highmount Ridge, next to an ice formation on the ground.

Credit to SorenStarkiller and Jennasydal

Anyone have any idea what this is all about:

"The Datacron Codex entry "Galactic History 88: The Unlikely Champion" is now properly listed under Makeb rather than Alderaan."

From the last patch notes. I don't even have makeb as a planet in my codex list and I also don't have the 88 datacron codex entry, and I have Datacron Master.