Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

High time Operatives/Scoundrels got a YUUUUGE nerf bat.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
High time Operatives/Scoundrels got a YUUUUGE nerf bat.

Yamahara
09.30.2020 , 01:12 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Majspuffen View Post
Nerfs are preferable over buffs. These days it feels like every class has a way to heal themselves and every class has a mobility ability. Abilities these days can have a multitude of different effects depending on your utility slots and the result is not good gameplay. It's rather messy. When you're in the thick of combat these days it feels like you can only really move when you have a mobility CD ready.

You don't get good balance by constantly buffing classes. If one thing is misperforming in comparison to seven other things, the easiest solution ought to be to change the one thing rather than all the seven others.
*Laughs in Powertech* PT is a glass cannon with no dcd's and a so called heal that literally has fancy green numbers that do nothing, lol.

Anyways, honestly BW's nerfs have always been so bad we're probably better off tweaking the sub par classes than screwing classes with nerfs.
Lukewarm Tauntauns

DarthFenris
10.01.2020 , 03:53 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarbarian View Post
Come on, man.

Roll 8 seconds. Immunity for 2 seconds after every roll.
With gear, that drops rull down to 6 seconds with 2 second immunity.

So basically 1/3rd of the time you cannot touch scoundrels.
If they take damage, evasion time is reduced.
Then add in healing.
Then add in their massive burst damage.

Why would anyone play no other class when you can heals a good as healers, your DPS is on the top of every PVP match and 33% of the time you are immune from ALL damage.

Whoever thought up this GOD class should be fired.

It's high time you took away roll immunity and cut healing by 75% (so they are on par with other classes) and make Operatives have to work as hard as other classes for kills. Not just allow them to roll over other classes.

Utter trash game right now for PVP.
It's not only that their stun lock or their damage needs to be nerfed, I was just in a warzone where I was on my juggernaut I got stunned then burned down to almost nothing poped my ED and went back up to full health came out of stun was restunned hit my stun break was restunned and burned to nothing meanwhile my resolve bar was barely half to 3/4 full. There is no reason a class with their roll immunity, dodge, avoidance, heals, and that high damage should be able to stun someone several times without fulling their resolve bar. Mind you this was just one operative. You get 2+ of them together you might as well quit the warzone. I know BW hates us PvPers but taking away their stun lock isn't going to affect them in any way in PvE. Every other class in the game has a balance to it except Operative. Even Shadows and Assassins as the other stealth based class can't pull off the BS that Operatives have. Also this isn't a matter of "Learning how to beat them" because a single operative can lock down 3-5 people with a combination of their DCDs, rolls, and stun locks. No other class can do that. Mind you I am not some new player complaining about higher geared more experienced players. My Jug main is fully geared and min/maxed with over 10k power. I have also played this game from the 2nd to last Beta until now.

OM-AR
10.09.2020 , 06:15 PM | #73
Had my real 1v1 encounter with the operatives today on my AP PT, couldn’t kill him no matter what I did. Also the stun followed by the heal while eating away chunks from my health was shocking tbo.

I can understand that you may be good at survival, healing or dps and maybe at two things......but not everything!
The Red Eclipse:
Marauder: OM'AR Assassin: OMAAR Bounty Hunter: O’maar

-Bob-
10.10.2020 , 12:17 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by OM-AR View Post
Had my real 1v1 encounter with the operatives today on my AP PT, couldn’t kill him no matter what I did. Also the stun followed by the heal while eating away chunks from my health was shocking tbo.

I can understand that you may be good at survival, healing or dps and maybe at two things......but not everything!
I'm gonna guess you just need more practice against ops? Granted a 1v1 against a good OP is still gonna kill you, but you should still be able to hold your own and get their health down enough for team mates to finish the job. I mean, thats just life in the fast lane Bro and thats where we live!!!!
There are no Victims, Only volunteers!
Der Untermensch
Referral link
Wound in the force/The Bastion/Harbinger/SS

Sappharan
10.10.2020 , 11:44 AM | #75
Mere competent operatives will still kill even very skilled players of other classes. Every other class (save operative) should not require help killing an operative. Between their reflect, burst, roll, mobility, heals, AND stealth, they have the toolkit to deal with every threat. The player base has accepted, en masse, that operative rules the roost...but some of us do not. Operative has been on top for literal years. It's time for a change.

Operative players will, and have, argued that "it's okay for a class to be the best"...which is self serving, convenient, and predictable. Many would agree that change is in order and it is long past due. I am not advocating for something like the thread title, but adjustments should be made. Operatives ruling the roost is old and boring.