Obliterate/Zealous Leap Bypassing GS/Sniper Cover

RattyRattail

So, I've noticed that the Marauder/Sentinel ability Obliterate/Zealous Leap bypass the cover mechanic of Gunslingers and Snipers. Is this intentional or a bug?

It's a 10m gap closer. And the only one usable on cover users. Without that, that spec would pretty much be running everywhere like *******.

Working as intended.

No where in the tooltip does it say that this ability bypasses the cover mechanic. it only states that it leaps to the target doing X amount of damage. Is there a dev post saying that this ability, which I would say is classified as a leap, should bypass cover?

If i remember correctly I believe Zealous Leap/Obliterate can bypass cover. Force charge/leap cant bypass it though

I'm not questioning whether it can, or cannot. I've already verified that it does bypass cover. I'm more wondering if this is a mistake as cover should block all leaps, and just an FYI I'm only getting my assumptions based off the tooltips of the abilities.

No where in the tooltip does it say that this ability bypasses the cover mechanic. it only states that it leaps to the target doing X amount of damage. Is there a dev post saying that this ability, which I would say is classified as a leap, should bypass cover?

It doesn't need to say that. The other ones say that the abilities do not work on a target in cover. Since this tooltip does not contain a similar limitation, it is clear that there are no cover limitations.

Why wouldn't you be able to use it against targets in cover? Nothing on the tooltip says you can't; and nothing on the cover tooltip says you are protected from all leap effects. You are looking at the charge tooltip and trying to apply it to a completely different ability.

The abilities which don't work on people in cover, clearly say that they don't work on them. If nothing is written on the tooltip, then it's normal that it works.

People tend to believe cover give some immunities like immunity to leaps, but in fact it provides nothing but interrupt immunity in GS/Sniper case, it's that some abilities are forbidden to use on "covering" people.

Edited by Altheran

Nowhere in the tooltip does it say it can't be used on targets under cover ;)